This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beanie bear View Post
    Did anyone else notice the 4 framed photos on the shelf behind Carter's SGA desk?
    You only see them briefly----but I'm trying to figure out who is in them. I am guessing one is of Jacob Carter and one is of Cassie. One has a picture of a guy in a tux....could it be Jack? Maybe her brother Mark?
    I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure the event in the photo never actually happend. I think it's the wedding in 200.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by beanie bear View Post
      Did anyone else notice the 4 framed photos on the shelf behind Carter's SGA desk?
      You only see them briefly----but I'm trying to figure out who is in them. I am guessing one is of Jacob Carter and one is of Cassie. One has a picture of a guy in a tux....could it be Jack? Maybe her brother Mark?
      hey beanie. that's daniel in the tux taken during the wedding that took place in "200" where Daniel was jack's best man. There's also a pic of Teal'c smiling, Jacob Carter in dress blues, glamour shot of Cassie, and of course "fishing" with Jack. I think that's everything, of course there's the now infamous pic of jack from "singularity" amongst carter's personal things from "Reunion."
      sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
        This was by far my favorite episode of season three so far. (although Tabula Rasa is a close second)

Yeah I agree. Easily one of my favorites. I think next would be Lifeline then Missing then Reunion...I don't know the order after that.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

This was a pretty good episode. By far the best bit was of course the vision of the Replicator ship blasting Atlantis to pieces. The music from that was pretty cool and helped add to the shock and utter disaster of the event.

Sadly, I have seen some spoilers regarding what that vision actually meant. But it's still going to be pretty epic when I finally get to see it.

As for the return of "Todd", I loved his little joke about shaking hands with Sam. Definitely very dark humour there. LOL!

It's always good to see Woolsey back. One of the things I like about his character is that he's not a flat-out, pain-in-the-ass meddler like Kinsey. He's more sympathetic and understands that everyone thinks he's annoying and gets in the way. But at the same time, as seen in this episode, he's not averse to exerting his authority when he feels the need.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John W View Post
            This was a pretty good episode. By far the best bit was of course the vision of the Replicator ship blasting Atlantis to pieces. The music from that was pretty cool and helped add to the shock and utter disaster of the event.
            Sadly, I have seen some spoilers regarding what that vision actually meant. But it's still going to be pretty epic when I finally get to see it.
            Even without spoilers, my first thought was that
            Spoiler:
            it was not going to happen the way we believed it would. I wasn't too sure for Atlantis, but I thought it would happen on the replicators' planet. And I totally believed that the hive explosion was the second hive instead of Todd's hive. So even if things did not turn exactly how I had guessed them, I was pretty close.

It's always good to see Woolsey back. One of the things I like about his character is that he's not a flat-out, pain-in-the-ass meddler like Kinsey. He's more sympathetic and understands that everyone thinks he's annoying and gets in the way. But at the same time, as seen in this episode, he's not averse to exerting his authority when he feels the need.
            In fact, I like him in "The Return Part 2". He is not as antipathetic as it first seems.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

this is a really interesting episode, i like that the guy wasn't experimented on or anything he was just born like that out of pure luck.

Comment

Just another normal episode of SGA. Nothing special(except for the Carterness of the episode) yet nothing terrible.
                8/10
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                  Just another normal episode of SGA. Nothing special(except for the Carterness of the episode) yet nothing terrible.
                  8/10
                  i quite disagree... this is one of the best episodes in season four! especially todd... well later called todd lighten ups this episode very much! The Actor of the seer was also choosen good... and woolsey is always a plus along with carter. love this episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

what i don't get is how todd just shrugs off the fact that his hive just got blown to pieces. "so all it took was the destruction my ship for you to trust me"...i mean its his place of residence not some warship or transport like the 304s
                    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                      what i don't get is how todd just shrugs off the fact that his hive just got blown to pieces. "so all it took was the destruction my ship for you to trust me"...i mean its his place of residence not some warship or transport like the 304s
                      Well first, I never really thought of the Wraith as a very emotional race who would be upset and cry over loss. And his ship was destroyed by the other Wraith ship - not Atlantis. I am sure after all the years of war that the loss of a ship is not unexpected.

But the main reason Todd had contacted Atlantis was he wanted to find a way to change back the Replicator base code. The replicators had killed a lot of Wraith but were now killing humans to get rid of the Wraith food supply. Todd has said he was still shunned by his fellow Wraith and had only a few loyal followers. He hoped that by stopping the replicators he would work his way back into the Wraith heirarchy and likely a positiion of power. Thus it was likely the ship was not that important to him, it was just a means to his bigger goal.

Comment

still, this is his hive. gaining power without a hive is pretty difficult even if you find out a way to stop the asurans but only by working with humans. i would expect todd to be a little angrier after his wraith community got destroyed in seconds.
                        also why did carter order sheppard not to fire if she didn't actually know the hives were going to kill each other? it must have been obvious to everyone then that the hives were going to destroy atlantis. what else were they going to do with charged weapons?
                        R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

still, this is his hive. gaining power without a hive is pretty difficult even if you find out a way to stop the asurans but only by working with humans. i would expect todd to be a little angrier after his wraith community got destroyed in seconds.
                          also why did carter order sheppard not to fire if she didn't actually know the hives were going to kill each other? it must have been obvious to everyone then that the hives were going to destroy atlantis. what else were they going to do with charged weapons?
                          I still think the hive was not that important to Todd - just a means to an end. And considering he was going up against Atlantis I think he always knew it was more than likley he could lose the Hive. The Hive was not important for him - it was finding a way to stop the Asurans.
                          Besides having a Hive ship would not give him any importance or status among the Wraith because it is the Queen on the Hive that is the respected and important one. Without a Queen, a Hive ship is not considered "one of the gang." He needed way to stop the Asurans because that would give him status, not having a Hive ship.

As for Carter decision not to fire: she is just that good. And she had good instincts that were based on her conversations with the Seer.

Comment

Well I saw it coming, so it's not that hard to believe Carter did too. She didn't know for sure, but it was a reasonable bet.

Comment

and if her guess had turned out to be wrong, they would have all been killed. she said that she didn't know they were going to fire on each other
                              R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

A ho-hum episode, nothing special about it except for Todd
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X