Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes...well done Alan on staying spoiler-free!

Goodness! Tons going on in this episode. Lots of set-up stories in there for future episodes and I enjoyed them all. The CG wraith, Teyla's pregnancy, Sam's vision of the destruction of 'Lantis...er...I'm sure there was other stuff as well but can't remember...will have to watch again! I did say there was a lot going on and, also, I kept getting distracted by the hawtness that is intense Sheppard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
      Yes...well done Alan on staying spoiler-free!

Goodness! Tons going on in this episode. Lots of set-up stories in there for future episodes and I enjoyed them all. The CG wraith, Teyla's pregnancy, Sam's vision of the destruction of 'Lantis...er...I'm sure there was other stuff as well but can't remember...will have to watch again! I did say there was a lot going on and, also, I kept getting distracted by the hawtness that is intense Sheppard!!!

Found it difficult to concentrate on the story again Eli? That naughty Shep distracting you again?

Seriously, I totally agree about your point concerning the story threads all coming together. That's one of the reasons I love this episode so much. All the little bits and pieces we've been given so far are all starting to pay off, and that's a really nice feeling, and perhaps not something we've seen much of on SGA before. It really makes me excited for TMC!
      sigpic

Comment

I reckon the vision Carter saw was of an Asuran version of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by somme View Post
          I reckon the vision Carter saw was of an Asuran version of Atlantis.
          maybe, or maybe not
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

A 10 out 10 episodes that all i have to say
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
              I think she doesn't want to be pulled from active mission status. She would want to use every opportunity to find her people. I can't quite see Sheppard allowing her to go on dangerous missions once he finds out. And all 3 of her teammates will treat her differently (more protective I think). She's postponing the inevitable as long as possible, maybe out of a need for a small bit of normalcy.
              I think Sheppard would be leery of her being on the team in dangerous situations now that she's pregnant. In the US military, you don't put pregnant personnel in harm's way, and I think Teyla will have to argue the point that there is no safe place in the P. Galaxy

Ronon - until it affects her abilities, I think he'll be okay with her coming along on any mission.

Rodney - probably most prone to freaking out over it

Comment

by far the best episode of the series, loved the atlantis destruction scene i was very impressed my guess is that it was and asuran city and that was the travellers ship, or they could have some time travel thing or something stopping the destruction. Amanda was very good in this episode carter hadnt really done anything for me this series but she really came into her own in this ep and same with keller. Wollsey was also good but ever so slightly repetetive, also liked the way the wraiths intentions were never certain. At the end i was screaming at the screen they are going to fire on each other don't <snip....them language filters are there for a reason> shoot. I had already found out about teyla which was annoying and i don't get why wraith ships fire on each other as the explosion always destroys them both so it seems a little pointless would have prefered original ship destroyed other one leaves and thought that by the end of the episode sheppard should have trusted the wraith if he feeds on anyone hell get shot so that seemed stupid to me but still best ep of series cept for maybe travellers or doppelganger
                Last edited by Skydiver; 28 November 2007, 06:49 PM.

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Woolsey got owned by Carter...

I think he needs to stick to bugging the leadership on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomGasoline View Post
                    Woolsey got owned by Carter...

I think he needs to stick to bugging the leadership on Earth.
                    You said it! He's out of his depth in the Pegasus Galaxy! Whole new ball game with a different set of rules!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

And he's not very good at it either!
                      I'm a little dissapointed that they brought politics into Atlantis after season one. True, it was inevitable, but that was one thing that made me prefer Atlantis over SG-1.

But this episode displayed a perfect example of how they can make the politics interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        I've just watched The Seer on Sky One and it was brilliant! Another winner from Season 4! Great story, great performances especially from Amanda, Joe, and Robert Picardo, and great CGI! I was very surprised to learn that Teyla is pregnant. I'm guessing that the father is that man she went to visit in last weeks episode. I can't wait to see how her storyline develops and if it affects the rest of her team. Will Atlantis be destroyed as Sam saw in her vision? Things I'm much looking forward to seeing getting answered in the episodes to come!

Definitely a significant episode in the grand scheme of things! 10 out of 10!!!
                        nicely put alan. i thought the episode was great, enjoyed it alot

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I loved THE SEER i especialy loved the sceances between Sam and Shepperd , Sam and the wraith and Sam and Woolsey they were great and i cant wait to find out what happens next

I could imagin how hard it must be for Sam after seeing that vision of Atlantis i hope it's the Asurian one although it didnt look that way to me but they will beat the replicators
                          sigpic
                          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            there's one potential problem to having shep get 'feisty' with carter. can he do it in character?

we know that he can do it. write a scene, let him rant, let her respond, easily done.

However, one of the greatest weaknesses seen by some in sg1 s9 and 10 was the character being sacrificed to make a plot work. Cameron stupidly touching something to trigger the trap. sam stupidly giving ba'al all he wanted to make sure that baal would be where the story demanded 4 episodes down the road.

the sg1 characters were constantly sacrificed to make a weak story/plot work.

so, at least to me, having shep tear into carter for no reason beyond him tearing into carter wouldn't be a good thing simply because it will make shep - as a character - look bad.

I'm all for him challenging her. but i think it needs to be when it serves the plot. it needs to happen when it fits the character and not when they decide to warp the character to make a scene

that's one thing i enjoyed in Seer and the other episodes (beyond keller's panicking in Missing....that lasted a bit too long) is that we're not having as much of 'screw the character, gimme my scene' that we saw in sg1.

the characters are behaving IN CHARACTER, not how makes the plot work.

sam's reluctance to see the vision, teyla's hopefulness and near desperation over her people, shep's discomfort at being caught in the middle. all of that - to me - was in character. so it all fit.

i'm all for shep having it out with sam, but i thikn it needs to happen when it NEEDS to happen, not just when they feel like doing it
                            While I disagree completly about seasons 9 and 10 I do agree that the conflict has to be in character which if they decide to have the conflict it has to be realistic. I do think they pulled that off in seasons 9 and 10 so they could easily do that here.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                              We aren't likely to see any conflict where Carter is concerned. That momentary confrontation with Ronon in Reunion was TPTB's idea of conflict.

I think they're very invested in Carter being liked and loved by all. I don't anticipate any real conflict between Carter and anyone. Besides, that would require some actual emotion from Carter -- something we've yet to see.
                              Have we been watching the same season? We have seen emotion from her quite a bit and conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                                I love the way people jump to conclusions. Anyone wanting conflict must be asking for tantrums, fueds and childish behavior all around.

Is it so wrong to want something other than everyone agreeing on everything and being the best of friends all the time? Sheppard and McKay disagreed in Adrift. Did that make them both look childish?
                                We can't be watching the same show because that is not what has happend.

It seems strange that Carter can walk in, take over a job she has no experience at and have no problems, no staff difficulties, nothing. Everything is smooth sailing. It's been three months and oh my, she's a little bit disturbed by a vision and tells Woolsey to shut up. Great drama. I'm so glad she's been added to the cast.
                                Neither is this. I understand you hate Carter but she has plenty of experience way more than Weir and has had dificulties.

Comment

Working...
                                X