Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The name "Todd" is Old English for "fox." Fitting huh?

Comment

OK,

1. The ep kind of reminded me of an S1 episode from Babylon 5 though I can't remember it's name now. Had some kind of Seer predicting B5's possible destruction circa 2260. Given how that turned out it makes me wonder if there might be more to the visions we saw in this ep than meets the eye.

2. Interesting to see the CG Wraith back, good to see he has some form of honour. The guy is a Wraith though so how that's going to work out in the long term I don't know.

3. Woolsey, certainly one up from Kinsey but still an idiot.

4. Shep and Sam, I like.

5. I'm more bugged about AT's hairstyle which doesn't work for me. I know she can look tasty but not with her hair tied up like that!

Overall, better than Missing but still beaten by earlier eps.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        OK,

1. The ep kind of reminded me of an S1 episode from Babylon 5 though I can't remember it's name now. Had some kind of Seer predicting B5's possible destruction circa 2260. Given how that turned out it makes me wonder if there might be more to the visions we saw in this ep than meets the eye.
        I think I know which B5 ep you're talking about but I can't remember the name either. anyway the little similarities don't bother me, come on it's a scifi show what do you expect. I can recall TNG, DS9 and VOY doing the same thing. also we only got glimpses of the future which aren't even going to happen the way we saw them, that's a bif difference to what other scifi shows did

2. Interesting to see the CG Wraith back, good to see he has some form of honour. The guy is a Wraith though so how that's going to work out in the long term I don't know
        Spoiler:
        it's gonna be interesting, we'll see him again in TMC and other eps this season

3. Woolsey, certainly one up from Kinsey but still an idiot.
        I wouldn't compare Woolsey with Kinsey. he's a guy who's trying to do the right things but ends up only making them worse. I kinda like him, even if he's an idiot most of the time

4. Shep and Sam, I like.
        I agree, they really understand each other, probably because both are military which was never the case with Weir. I think it's great

5. I'm more bugged about AT's hairstyle which doesn't work for me. I know she can look tasty but not with her hair tied up like that!
        hm maybe you just need time to get used to the long hair IDK. I like it

Overall, better than Missing but still beaten by earlier eps.
        Missing was a nice ep but this one was the best so far imo
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I know she looks v.good with long hair - it's just the tied back part I may have to get used to!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I thought that by reaching S4 Atlantis will have more things to defend itself. This whole cloak-get rid of the shield is getting old. Why not bring Merlin's phase shift technology from the SGC. Put Atlantis out of phase whenever a threat appears. Like that the risk is minimised.

Comment

Ive only just seen this episode so forgive me if it was explained in a later episode. But, did anyone else notice that the ships firing on Atlantis in Sams vision were actually Lantean ships and not replicator ships? Remember the replicator ship in 'Lifeline'? That looked nothing like a Lantean ship. Which makes me think, what if Sam's vision was of them fring on a replicator copy of Atlantis?
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                Ive only just seen this episode so forgive me if it was explained in a later episode. But, did anyone else notice that the ships firing on Atlantis in Sams vision were actually Lantean ships and not replicator ships? Remember the replicator ship in 'Lifeline'? That looked nothing like a Lantean ship. Which makes me think, what if Sam's vision was of them fring on a replicator copy of Atlantis?
                Spoiler:
                Your questions will answered in This Mortial Coil
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

If you see MC you will understand. The Aurora ship firing is actually footage from Mortail Coil.

Or you want to be spoiled?

Comment

Please dont spoil it for me. I very rarily get to watch atlantis anymore because I dont have Sky. I only managed to watch this one because a friend had taped it for me.
                    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Please dont spoil it for me. I very rarily get to watch atlantis anymore because I dont have Sky. I only managed to watch this one because a friend had taped it for me.
                      Enjoy ...

Comment

Not a bad episode... it's not Tabula Rasa but still good especially in the way it integrated several elements together.

I loved the seer, Davos, that is... I remember the actor from last season's Numb3rs finale... great voice, great presence. I liked what the character represented -- as some kind of double edged sword. And I particularly liked his conversation with Sam about the double-edged nature of prophecy... that future is shaped/determined by the character of those who shape it... or some such thing. The other aspect of this plot element that I also appreciated is that ominous vision that Carter saw, which has not as yet unfolded. Very B5ish...

Frankly, I don't think that adding Carter to the mix adds much to the story in the way that Weir would have done. She's barking orders, holding the IOA at bay and making tough calls. All the same things Weir was doing.
                        I can't help feeling that all TPTB have done is substituted a brunette with a blond. Her scenes with Sheppard are good but no better than what Weir would've done.
                        I might add that I thought Sheppard was particularly well written in this episode.

The reintroduction of Sheppard's fellow cellmate is a great idea and I haven't as yet seen how they are going to follow through with that. But I did enjoy watching each party play their particular hand.

A good episode which promises some degree of continuity in the future.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

This was by far my favorite episode of season three so far. (although Tabula Rasa is a close second)

sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                            , Davos, that is... I remember the actor from last season's Numb3rs finale...
                            I thought i recognized him from something else i saw recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                              This was by far my favorite episode of season three so far. (although Tabula Rasa is a close second)

You mean season 4 right? I do agree though it was a top notch ep.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Did anyone else notice the 4 framed photos on the shelf behind Carter's SGA desk?
                                You only see them briefly----but I'm trying to figure out who is in them. I am guessing one is of Jacob Carter and one is of Cassie. One has a picture of a guy in a tux....could it be Jack? Maybe her brother Mark?

Comment

Working...
                                X