This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The stargate is not protected on most other worlds, but on Earth, he'd kinda be trapped. Besides, if he had genetic modifications and he and the Goa'uld crossed paths...

No, if he went to the Milky Way, he'd have to stay on Earth. Frankly, I'd call up our dear friend Todd and see if he wanted to have lunch, but then, we'd have to assume that he might have the immunity to the feeding process now.
    The gates would be protected by the best possible system: he doesn't know any Milky Way addresses... and you'd never get one by random dialing.

They also can use a ship to put him on a planet with no gate.
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents

I was a little disappointed. Part Two did not live up to all the hype that was given I loved part one but did not find this part as exciting as the first one. Don't get me wrong it was a good episode, but not as great as I had hoped. I guess that is my punishment for reading spoilers. Or it could be the fact that I like Teyla more than Becket. But as the content goes, it was all good, but the first had better quality. Now onto the review.

I can't help but love the team's concern and love for Beckett. They really care for him and want to do their best to save him. The scene where McKay and Beckett were discussing was very enjoyable and shows the unspoken friendship these two have. You could just see Beckett's heart sink when McKay told him about Weir's fate.

It was kind of obvious to the spoiler reading fans that Beckett's return was going to be a clone. Their were so many theories flying around, (some of them were very far fetch) it was pleasing to know the truth about what happened to our Scottish friend. It just goes to show that the simplest explanation is usually the right one. I kind of wish that the clone had died in Sunday and not the other way around, but I guess this scenario makes sense.

Why is it that sociopaths cause the most trouble? Michael is twisted sick man. But to be fair if people had messed with my DNA, I would be a little angry too. But he is resorting to practices that just are way out their. He is doing the exact same things to the Athosians that was done to him. I am little afraid what he is going to do to Teyla. Speaking of the Athosians, it was nice to see Hailing return and finally hear the whole story behind their disappearance. During Teyla's capture, you can see Kanaan almost able to break free of Michael’s control. I hope they build on that in future episodes.

The scene in the locker room was a little depressing. Seeing McKay have a hard time cope with Beckett's return was almost too much to bear. But I ask, what was the point of Beckett going offworld. That was always my biggest compliant about Beckett. He would go offworld. A civilian medical doctor should not go offworld no matter what.

We got some continuity in this episode. I know it was a big coincidence but it was nice to see the return of the Wraith Michael. worshiper. He is not very bright when it comes to shooting a P-90. I wonder if he has ever heard of aim. Maybe Ronon should teach him. He did shoot the Wraith worshiper with little effort.

Everything always has a disadvantage. I guess I was too naive to think their would be no consequences to Beckett being a clone. As you all know, sadly I was wrong. It makes sense from a writing point of view but I was still a little disappointed.

And on to the big fight between Michael and the expedition. It was interesting fight and really shows how smart Sheppard can be when he wants to. But at the same time it was a risky. If you forget Sheppard's plot shield, then you have to think Sheppard might have died if it was the wrong kind of gas.

Beckett you moron. What were you thinking running after Michael. You should have known by now that he put safeguards in his creations. Your partially to blame for allowing Michael to escape with Teyla. I am a little scared of what else he plans to do with Teyla. I did enjoy how Teyla was hesitant when she saw Beckett.

All the tiny faults of this episode are fixed with the scene at the end. It was so touching to see the expedition as they are forced to put Beckett in a stasis pod. You can see the old members on the verge of tears as they have to say goodbye to him one last time. It was just emotional note as we see the episode end with the stasis pod being activated. I close this review with a question. Why wouldn't Beckett want a reality with a tropical beach?
      Only one more left
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Who said he was going to Earth? Milky Way, sure, but they could dump him on a planet with NO stargate.

Re point #2 - Well, duh, they Michael couldn't have gotten away with Teyla. Geez, read the script!

Because the genetic modifier had a few bugs in it. And since they hired Jewel as a regular, there's no more room for regular cast members....

Sad but true answers
        Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
        &=AWESOME &Forever
        No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

The whole episode was fantastic, but...

Just a few issues

1) Dude who tried to ambush them (can't recall his name), he's going to Earth? Umm, what? We have no idea what Michael did to him genetically, are we really sure we want to be poisoning our own gene pool? Personally, I'd love to have Wraith DNA, but the whole losing my free will thing...
          Sheppard suggested another galaxy. It doesn't mean that he meant the Milky Way (the Ori galaxy is nice this time of year) or that he'll actually follow through with it. They should drop the guy off on the nearest Wraith world. Better yet, keep him for the next time they need Todd's help and he gets hungry.

2) They didn't think to take a few stealth jumpers and target the cruiser's engines?
          And if they missed or caused a chain reaction?

And major thing that didn't make sense,

Why didn't they use the Ancient modifier from Tao of Rodney to load a genetic profile of Carson to undo what Michael did to him?
          The reason it worked in Tao was because Carson kept a sample of their blood. Why would they still have a sample of Carson's? He died a year earlier. They had medical charts to compare with but I doubt they still had blood samples.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana
          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
            Also, I laughed at how Keller recoiled from the injured fake Genii guy while Carson just kept on working trying to help him.
            Maybe he didn't have current medical insurance.

Its obvious by now that Keller is a totally substandard doctor. Hopefully that crack team she was talking about really can find a cure, so we can have our REAL doc back, and Keller can then have time to attend parties and flirt with all the dudes - on some other show.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Jelgate's Two Cents

I was a little disappointed. Part Two did not live up to all the hype that was given I loved part one but did not find this part as exciting as the first one. Don't get me wrong it was a good episode, but not as great as I had hoped. I guess that is my punishment for reading spoilers. Or it could be the fact that I like Teyla more than Becket. But as the content goes, it was all good, but the first had better quality. Now onto the review.

I can't help but love the team's concern and love for Beckett. They really care for him and want to do their best to save him. The scene where McKay and Beckett were discussing was very enjoyable and shows the unspoken friendship these two have. You could just see Beckett's heart sink when McKay told him about Weir's fate.

It was kind of obvious to the spoiler reading fans that Beckett's return was going to be a clone. Their were so many theories flying around, (some of them were very far fetch) it was pleasing to know the truth about what happened to our Scottish friend. It just goes to show that the simplest explanation is usually the right one. I kind of wish that the clone had died in Sunday and not the other way around, but I guess this scenario makes sense.

Why is it that sociopaths cause the most trouble? Michael is twisted sick man. But to be fair if people had messed with my DNA, I would be a little angry too. But he is resorting to practices that just are way out their. He is doing the exact same things to the Athosians that was done to him. I am little afraid what he is going to do to Teyla. Speaking of the Athosians, it was nice to see Hailing return and finally hear the whole story behind their disappearance. During Teyla's capture, you can see Kanaan almost able to break free of Michael’s control. I hope they build on that in future episodes.

The scene in the locker room was a little depressing. Seeing McKay have a hard time cope with Beckett's return was almost too much to bear. But I ask, what was the point of Beckett going offworld. That was always my biggest compliant about Beckett. He would go offworld. A civilian medical doctor should not go offworld no matter what.

We got some continuity in this episode. I know it was a big coincidence but it was nice to see the return of the Wraith Michael. worshiper. He is not very bright when it comes to shooting a P-90. I wonder if he has ever heard of aim. Maybe Ronon should teach him. He did shoot the Wraith worshiper with little effort.

Everything always has a disadvantage. I guess I was too naive to think their would be no consequences to Beckett being a clone. As you all know, sadly I was wrong. It makes sense from a writing point of view but I was still a little disappointed.

And on to the big fight between Michael and the expedition. It was interesting fight and really shows how smart Sheppard can be when he wants to. But at the same time it was a risky. If you forget Sheppard's plot shield, then you have to think Sheppard might have died if it was the wrong kind of gas.

Beckett you moron. What were you thinking running after Michael. You should have known by now that he put safeguards in his creations. Your partially to blame for allowing Michael to escape with Teyla. I am a little scared of what else he plans to do with Teyla. I did enjoy how Teyla was hesitant when she saw Beckett.

All the tiny faults of this episode are fixed with the scene at the end. It was so touching to see the expedition as they are forced to put Beckett in a stasis pod. You can see the old members on the verge of tears as they have to say goodbye to him one last time. It was just emotional note as we see the episode end with the stasis pod being activated. I close this review with a question. Why wouldn't Beckett want a reality with a tropical beach?
              Only one more left
              I am telling ya that guy is going to break free of the mind control and do the whole macho self scarificing deal to save Teyla and their kid....see it coming....Been done in other shows.

Great review
              Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
              &=AWESOME &Forever
              No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                Chemistry? She just wanted to stick Beckett in the freezer when she couldn't figure out what to do, but Carson showed his true character by wanting to keep with it and find a cure, plus he went to help Teyla, knowing he might not make it back. That's the difference between them. Keller just takes the easy way out. She could try smiling once in awhile too. It won't crack her face if she did.
                Poor Keller; she can't catch a break. Keller's suggestion to put him in stasis -- that's called COMPASSION, as opposed to, "Sure, why don't you kill yourself when chances of finding a cure in the next 12 hours are NIL."
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                  Maybe he didn't have current medical insurance.

Its obvious by now that Keller is a totally substandard doctor. Hopefully that crack team she was talking about really can find a cure, so we can have our REAL doc back, and Keller can then have time to attend parties and flirt with all the dudes - on some other show.
                  Bwaha! no medical insurance, no treatment! Alas, so true in some places....

I can see why Keller would recoil at the man who tried to KILL her, but she is a doctor, did take the Hippocratic oath and you don't get to play God on who will live or die in the OR, unless it's a triage situation, and that sure wasn't. It's a flaw of the writing in many tv shows that to bolster one character, another gets lessened, and they did it here (but I was so happy to see Carson I just forgot about Keller for the most part). If they're going to keep Kelelr as a regular, they've GOT to bolster her self-esteem some more.

The Carson-McKay scenes were the highlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                    Sheppard suggested another galaxy. It doesn't mean that he meant the Milky Way (the Ori galaxy is nice this time of year) or that he'll actually follow through with it. They should drop the guy off on the nearest Wraith world. Better yet, keep him for the next time they need Todd's help and he gets hungry.

And if they missed or caused a chain reaction?

The reason it worked in Tao was because Carson kept a sample of their blood. Why would they still have a sample of Carson's? He died a year earlier. They had medical charts to compare with but I doubt they still had blood samples.
                    Research. A fair amount of DNA is stored on the shelves quite often (Sperm Banks one such example, I think they also keep DNA to compare too in the military, but I'm not sure about that so...). Atlantis also has the storage capacity for all of Atlantis's staff, I doubt they'd just go and throw perfectly good blood away, particularly in the case that someone was critically injured and they needed a transfusion. Carson seems like that kind of guy.

The truth is, they just didn't want to restore Carson in the episode. That's all that's to it. But a good deal.

And yes, the device has a few crickets in it's systems, but Carson's dying anyways, I'd rather take the chance and live then to go into cold storage.

And besides, I'd rather see that person sit in one of our oh so hospitable jails on Earth than anywhere else in the Milky Way or Pegasus. But Atlantis's brig seems fair enough for me.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate
                      Yes, and Rodney's face when he realized that he was going to have to tell him that Elizabeth had died. Also, Carson's realization that his mother had been told that he died. Great acting from Paul and David there.

The stasis scene was almost unbearable to watch. They all finally got to say their goodbyes. Rodney couldn't even do it----just said see ya later----"like we said" and Carson's confusion at that.......and Rodney's nervous chattering and refusing to believe that Carson is going away/dying again and Shep's expression watching Rodney----he knows that Rodney is hanging on by a thread emotionally. Big lump in my throat over that entire scene.

I found the scenes with Michael and Teyla in the lab. realllllly disturbing. I started looking at the book that I read during commercials because I couldn't stand to see it. <shudders> I was so happy to hear that strong heartbeat from Teyla's baby and then Michael went for the syringe.....couldn't watch. Gave me the heebie jeebies.

Another great moment was when the team entered the lab. and found the table and syringe. Rodney, terrified that Michael has harmed Teyla, motioned to all of the equipment and said to Shep and Ronon, "Do you think Teyla?" and Shep yelled, "No I don't think! And neither do you!" He's scared too. I love when the writers show that he can be afraid.....his voice held real dread and fear there. Good stuff!

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                        I am telling ya that guy is going to break free of the mind control and do the whole macho self scarificing deal to save Teyla and their kid....see it coming....Been done in other shows.
                        Thats within the realm of possibility. I would like to see a struggle between Micheal's control and his own mind It won't happen but if CH has the character of Hailing and Todd, lets get rid of Hailing and have Kannan replace Hailing. That would make the GW Wrait worshipers happy. I'm looking at you, Spikey and das.

Great review
                        Thanks, I have been expermenting with a new format. Apparently my fellow posters like this format better.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

The Good: Michael. Beckett. McKay/Beckett talks are cool! Athosians found. Todd's long lost twin Halling alive!

The Dumb: Teyla won't run because brainfried sortahusband is with Michael. Dudette, what about saving your baby??

The Bad: Keller, who jumped back from that injured dude. Honey, didn't you call yourself a Doctor? Can we put her into stasis?

The Ugly: Next week's scene of two certain people snogging. Did my eyes deceive me? Gagfest.

Comment

Originally posted by joebags View Post

The Bad: Keller, who jumped back from that injured dude. Honey, didn't you call yourself a Doctor? Can we put her into stasis?
                            I have to force myself to stop responding to all anti-Keller remarks or I'll never survive this forum, BUT... it was a perfectly reasonable reaction. She recoiled when she realized who it was for about 5 seconds, then quickly took control of the situation and saved his life. People are giving her WAY too much grief for the same surprised reaction 90% of us would have. It didn't AT ALL have an impact on the guy's treatment.
                            Theoretically spoilerish:
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Was anybody shocked when Carson SHOT those 2 dudes???? WHOA! Talk about a new character development. Even if they did have Teyla, the old Carson wouldn't have done that. I'm not upset by it, don't get me wrong, just really shocked!

I have been growing tired of McKay but liked his compassion in this ep. The "He's not a cheap copy" line was great. And his scenes and dialog with Carson was great. Sad, but great.

I'm thrilled Carson is back and am fine with the fact he's a clone. Sure, the real one would have been nice of course, but this is fine by me. And since we know a bit about S5, I'm ok with him in stasis for now

But I gotta say, some of the acting was really subpar in the ep. I've never thought Staite was a good actor, but man, on screen next to McGillion, OUCH! It was soo painfully and blatantly obvious. She is def the worst one on the cast. I also though AT, JF, DH and RL acting was way below what it should have been. That def took away from the ep for me.

But in the end Carson is back and that makes this episode great in my book

sigpic
                              www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                              Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Research. A fair amount of DNA is stored on the shelves quite often (Sperm Banks one such example, I think they also keep DNA to compare too in the military, but I'm not sure about that so...). Atlantis also has the storage capacity for all of Atlantis's staff, I doubt they'd just go and throw perfectly good blood away, particularly in the case that someone was critically injured and they needed a transfusion. Carson seems like that kind of guy.

The truth is, they just didn't want to restore Carson in the episode. That's all that's to it. But a good deal.

And yes, the device has a few crickets in it's systems, but Carson's dying anyways, I'd rather take the chance and live then to go into cold storage.

And besides, I'd rather see that person sit in one of our oh so hospitable jails on Earth than anywhere else in the Milky Way or Pegasus. But Atlantis's brig seems fair enough for me.
                                I agree that they didn't want to restore Carson. Since he isn't a regular, they needed a good reason for him to not be around. As to blood supply, I also agree that they would use blood for transfusions. Hence not having any of Carson's left.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana
                                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X