This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
    I didn't see any compassion from Keller. She was her usual monotone self, except when she is whining about something (like not being invited to parties).
    She felt bad for Carson, and wanted to help find a cure. When he was weak she felt he should of been taking it easy.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      I'm assuming the concept of "genetic memories" is something purely fictional in the Stargate universe and not something TPTB are even trying to pass off as legit science?
      Well I hadn't thought about it in relation to the clones, but "genetic memory" was first brought into the show with the Goa'uld back at the beginning of SG-1 - that they had genetic memory and were born with all the knowledge of the Goa'uld before them.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Didn't the Goa'uld pass on "Genetic memories" ?
        Yeah and to the Har... harsee.... and even to the whats-it-called.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          I'm assuming the concept of "genetic memories" is something purely fictional in the Stargate universe and not something TPTB are even trying to pass off as legit science?
          It's an old concept, not inherent to the Stargate universe.
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I liked it. When I saw Chris H's name in the credits I was expecting Todd, so it was great to see Halling instead. SO glad the Athosians (the few left) have been found. I'm not surprised at Michael's plans for Teyla's baby. I'm just thrilled it's a regular-made baby (even if it has a double dose of Wraith DNA). I wonder if the baby is really "special" or if that's just Michael's insanity. In the generations of Athosians with The Gift, surely this isn't the first time 2 of them have made a baby.

Carson!! I wanted to hug him to pieces. I thought this was a brilliant ep for him and Paul M was OUTSTANDING! The scenes between him and Rodney were pure gold. I loved the explanation of how he was created (totally knew it!!), why he would help Michael, and why he wouldn't return to his duties.

That last scene almost killed me. In some ways I think it was sadder than Sunday. Everything about it was perfect - asking Sam to get the letter to his mother (some things he never said and should have) and having John promise to get Teyla back. Ronon though. Oh my. He's been not speaking to Beckett because he was afraid to lose him again. And the hug! It takes a lot to make me cry but that did. I still find it amazing that Ronon is the most emotionally open of the group. From him to Rodney who can't stop talking. No goodbye. Not even a handshake. Poor Rodney. Having to relive it again after having to explain what happened to the original Carson and to Weir. *hugs Rodney*

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            Wow! First post!

What tense episode! So is Dr. Beckett real or a clone? I don't believe he's a clone. I personally think that Michael messed with his DNA to make him suceseptible to that mystery drug so that if he ever escaped he would die.

I'm glad we got to see the Athosians and that they got recued! That was great. What happend with Halling? He looks so different now? I'm assuming that the actor changed his hair in all those years but I wish we got some explantation about why he looked different.

I'm surprised how it turned out. Personally, I tought that Beckett would end up captured by Michael when he went on the mission to that planet.

I am however a bit disappointed that they left us with the feeling that he's a clone especially because Joe Mallozzi and everyone else in the show promised that he wouldn't be a clone.

A very cool episode. Next week's looks like there more to it than just Sheppard in the future. I wonder what that battle will be about.

Vala,
            Originally posted by Renenutet View Post
            I was disappointed in him being a clone and normally I don't get mad at tv shows but this episode pissed me off. We were basically guaranteed the 'original' Carson and we get a clone that's falling apart. I can see why next season will only be 5 episodes. They're bring him out of stasis, try to repair and fail a few times and the last one will be a success and he'll go home to his family for the rest of the season.
            I'm not sure where this idea came from that he would be the original/not a clone. JM said he wouldn't be a replicator or alternate reality or time travel. He never said he wouldn't be a clone.

My only quibble is, as toaster commented, on him having the original Carson's memories. The closest I can come (and it's weak - REALLY weak) is that Michael has a mental ability to "copy" a mind (aging myself here but sorta like Spock putting his mind in McCoy in ST 2 movie). Hey, I said it was weak.

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
            I was surprised but glad to see they didn't get Teyla back. Good suspense for Season 5. Also, the final scene with Beckett going into the stasis pod was surprisingly emotional.
            I totally agree.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana
            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I liked the compassion from Keller. When she said she will do everything to find a cure. I think it was well done. They truly had good chemistry.
              Chemistry? She just wanted to stick Beckett in the freezer when she couldn't figure out what to do, but Carson showed his true character by wanting to keep with it and find a cure, plus he went to help Teyla, knowing he might not make it back. That's the difference between them. Keller just takes the easy way out. She could try smiling once in awhile too. It won't crack her face if she did.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Seeing Carson back was fantastic! The scenes between him and McKay were great, and well, geez, what the hell were they thinking when they blew him up? I don't mind the faux one as the set-up was done believably, and I guess I'll have to just atke a sci-fi excuse for the clone having all the memories... *cough*.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  Harcisis..I think is how it is spelled??? IDK but I know what you are talking about.
                  Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                  &=AWESOME &Forever
                  No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    Harcesis - a human with the genetic memory of the Goa'uld.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Genetic memory was also used in Alien:Resurrection with the clone of Ripley, though there were gaps in that memory, plus she was a human/alien hybrid.

Good episode tonight, great to see Carson back in the fold. Loved his scenes with McKay. Now if we could just get Weir back....

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        Chemistry? She just wanted to stick Beckett in the freezer when she couldn't figure out what to do, but Carson showed his true character by wanting to keep with it and find a cure, plus he went to help Teyla, knowing he might not make it back. That's the difference between them. Keller just takes the easy way out. She could try smiling once in awhile too. It won't crack her face if she did.
                        LOL, in the freezer. I hear where you are coming from. This ep was not exactly Keller's shining moment. But she really did show compassion and is willing to help and spend most of her time.

I just hope we get Carson for more than 5 eps next season.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think you've misunderstood the situation. Keller wanted to put Carson in stasis because she didn't think there was enough time to find a cure (she was right), she didn't want to risk his life when she didn't need to, like any good doctor. If the situation were reversed, Carson would have done the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Well I hadn't thought about it in relation to the clones, but "genetic memory" was first brought into the show with the Goa'uld back at the beginning of SG-1 - that they had genetic memory and were born with all the knowledge of the Goa'uld before them.
                            That was the Harsisis child, who had two Gou'ald parents. That child had all the knowledge of the Apophis/Sha're/Gou'alds, which was why Michael wants Teyla/Kanaan's superbaby. . oops, which is why the Ancients kidnapped it. *LOL* I hate it when I mix up different shows.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                              Harcisis..I think is how it is spelled??? IDK but I know what you are talking about.
                              Thanks.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Harcesis - a human with the genetic memory of the Goa'uld.
                              Thanks.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

That was the Harsisis child, who had two Gou'ald parents. That child had all the knowledge of the Apophis/Sha're/Gou'alds, which was why Michael wants Teyla/Kanaan's superbaby. . oops, which is why the Ancients kidnapped it. *LOL* I hate it when I mix up different shows.
                                Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                                &=AWESOME &Forever
                                No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Working...
                                X