X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole episode was fantastic, but...

Just a few issues

1) Dude who tried to ambush them (can't recall his name), he's going to Earth? Umm, what? We have no idea what Michael did to him genetically, are we really sure we want to be poisoning our own gene pool? Personally, I'd love to have Wraith DNA, but the whole losing my free will thing...
    2) They didn't think to take a few stealth jumpers and target the cruiser's engines?

And major thing that didn't make sense,

Why didn't they use the Ancient modifier from Tao of Rodney to load a genetic profile of Carson to undo what Michael did to him?
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      That was the Harsisis child, who had two Gou'ald parents. That child had all the knowledge of the Apophis/Sha're/Gou'alds,
      Actually, all the Goa'uld have genetic memory - that was clearly stated at the beginning of SG-1.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Seeing Carson again was really great. Clone or not, I've accepted him back. And it looks like the rest of the Atlantis team have as well. Ronon really surprised me with his reaction. He has really grown as a character.

I hope they can un-freeze Carson early on next season. It's just nice to have him back, even if it is just part-time.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post

Just a few issues

1) Dude who tried to ambush them (can't recall his name), he's going to Earth? Umm, what? We have no idea what Michael did to him genetically, are we really sure we want to be poisoning our own gene pool? Personally, I'd love to have Wraith DNA, but the whole losing my free will thing...
          We don't know he's going to Earth. He's going to the Milky Way. There are tons of worlds they could stick him on.
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Just a few issues

Maybe Shep was thinkin about sending him somewhere else in the Milky Way. Like Maybourne's planet or something

Why didn't they use the Ancient modifier from Tao of Rodney to load a genetic profile of Carson to undo what Michael did to him?
            Oh yeah,yeah.. why didn't they-- I have no idea wtf you're talking about here. Could you explain that?
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Just a few issues

2) They didn't think to take a few stealth jumpers and target the cruiser's engines?

All really good questions!!

They never took Nable to earth...I got the impression they made him think they would either take him there or that he was already there so they could get some info out of him. I doubt they were in any rush to further save his arse considering he tried to kill Keller and Teyla on New Athos and then the rest of them on the planet.

As for the jumpers....that would have made sense. It also would have made sense for more than ONE team to go on the mission considering this was Michael's stronghold and all! i mean you send four people into a heavily guarded building with the bad guy....that does not make any sense. I would have liked to have seen Lorne again.
              Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
              &=AWESOME &Forever
              No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Actually, all the Goa'uld have genetic memory - that was clearly stated at the beginning of SG-1.
                Harcesis: the offspring of two Goa'uld hosts (a forbidden act), who contains all the genetic memory of the Goa'uld.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                  We don't know he's going to Earth. He's going to the Milky Way. There are tons of worlds they could stick him on.
                  Yeah, like that frozen world SG-1 sent Anubis to in Season 8's "Lockdown".
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Mixed feelings. The episode was very exciting, but I had family over watching, and was probably more worried about their reactions than my own. I must watch it again without distractions.

Off the top of my head...

1. Glad to see that Kannan is probably the father of the baby, and not some creepy thing Michael did to her.

2. Good to see Halling again, though it was at the sacrifice of Todd in this episode. Can't have everything, I guess.

3. A little disappointed that Carson is a clone. I was hoping he was the real deal, and the one killed in the explosion was the clone. But it makes sense this way, with Michael being like Dr. Frankenstein now.

4. Ronon saying good-bye to Carson - yeah, that one choked me up a bit. Really sweet.

That's all for now - my mind is still trying to get around the previews, and what might happen to my favorite life-sucker.

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The stargate is not protected on most other worlds, but on Earth, he'd kinda be trapped. Besides, if he had genetic modifications and he and the Goa'uld crossed paths...

No, if he went to the Milky Way, he'd have to stay on Earth. Frankly, I'd call up our dear friend Todd and see if he wanted to have lunch, but then, we'd have to assume that he might have the immunity to the feeding process now.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        Harcesis: the offspring of two Goa'uld hosts (a forbidden act), who contains all the genetic memory of the Goa'uld.
                        Right....I'm not arguing with that part. But the Goa'uld themselves also have genetic memory. All of them do. The Harcesis was forbidden because they didn't want to create a human with that same knowledge. Apophis just did it because he wanted a more powerful host.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          lol isn't all of it?
                          Well no, plenty of the science they present is either legit or has a basis in legitimate scientific knowledge. Take the telomeres and cloning, for example. The idea that specific, individual memories are in any way genetic or otherwise reproducible has no scientific basis.

It's an old concept, not inherent to the Stargate universe.
                          Interesting read, but the term "memory" in that article has a different meaning than the specific recollections of an individual.

Also, I laughed at how Keller recoiled from the injured fake Genii guy while Carson just kept on working trying to help him. Hopefully that will teach her how to be more impartial and focused as a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Yeah, like that frozen world SG-1 sent Anubis to in Season 8's "Lockdown".
                            I could think of quite a few people they could send there
                            &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Just a few issues

Who said he was going to Earth? Milky Way, sure, but they could dump him on a planet with NO stargate.

Re point #2 - Well, duh, they Michael couldn't have gotten away with Teyla. Geez, read the script!

Because the genetic modifier had a few bugs in it. And since they hired Jewel as a regular, there's no more room for regular cast members....

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                Mixed feelings. The episode was very exciting, but I had family over watching, and was probably more worried about their reactions than my own. I must watch it again without distractions.

Off the top of my head...

1. Glad to see that Kannan is probably the father of the baby, and not some creepy thing Michael did to her.

2. Good to see Halling again, though it was at the sacrifice of Todd in this episode. Can't have everything, I guess.

3. A little disappointed that Carson is a clone. I was hoping he was the real deal, and the one killed in the explosion was the clone. But it makes sense this way, with Michael being like Dr. Frankenstein now.

4. Ronon saying good-bye to Carson - yeah, that one choked me up a bit. Really sweet.

That's all for now - my mind is still trying to get around the previews, and what might happen to my favorite life-sucker.

das
                                I still think this kid is Rosemary's baby! Either that or it is the second coming! Pick your poison
                                &=AWESOME &Forever

Comment

Working...
                                X