Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THe Tabula Rasa Pre Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - TV Guide Online: Hot List - Fri, Nov. 2 - Tabula Rasa:

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/tv-hotlist

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

TV HOT LIST

The Shows We're Watching Tonight

Stargate Atlantis [Tabula Rasa]

10 pm/ET SCI FI New

When it comes to memory issues, most people worry about paying bills on time or the last known whereabouts of a vital ring of keys. Then there's Dr. Rodney McKay, who wakes up on Atlantis strapped to a chair with no recollection of who he is or how he got there. Worse, he's been tasked with saving his teammates from an amnesia-inducing virus — which makes forgetting an anniversary seem benign in comparison.

— Michael Chant

With our Online Video Guide, you're never lost on Stargate Atlantis.

http://video.tvguide.com/Shows/Stargate+Atlantis

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
      This episode looks pretty interesting.

As for those of you who want to see the Wraith/Replicator war - WHY? Atlantis is not involved in that. You wanna see a bunch of random Wraith and Replicators go at it? Yeah, that sounds exciting.
      Exactly. I dont really care about the wraith replicator war, let them kill each other. Get to exploring the galaxy already like a good episodic TV show should, this isnt B5. Besides I am sure there will be the appropriate mention\occassional ep\midseason finally devoted to that war. There really is not much for SGA to do except watch.

As for the intro, well that wasn't "Sam" doing the intro that was Amanda Tapping so there is no "out of character". Also she is not american and does have an accent in her real life voice...which since she wasnt in character she probably was not concentrating on getting rid of. Its like saying hey that lady from Xena is talking with an NZ accent.... wow she is so out of character. WTF.

"Does anyone here know a Teyla"....for some reason that line strikes me as really funny. Looks like an interesting ep to me.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

SGA - MGM Studios Newsletter: SGA's Tabula Rasa - Watch it Live toniight:

From a MGM Studios e-mail newsletter:

(online at: http://tinyurl.com/2spm9j)

SGA's Tabula Rasa - Watch it Live tonight!

STARGATE ATLANTIS

Tune in for "Tabula Rasa" LIVE

Tonight 10/9c only on SciFi

With almost everyone on Atlantis infected by an amnesia-causing
        virus, McKay (David Hewlett) finds himself zap-strapped to his desk
        with cryptic letters on his arm and no memories of who he is or what
        has happened.

NEW STILLS

New images just added from tonight's episode, Tabula Rasa!

Check them out!

http://stargate.mgm.com/stills.php?s...pisode=6#anch6

STARGATE ATLANTIS

SEASON 5 ANNOUNCED!

Read the full press release!

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=30

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          Stargate Atlantis - TV Guide Online: Hot List - Fri, Nov. 2 - Tabula Rasa:

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/tv-hotlist

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

TV HOT LIST

The Shows We're Watching Tonight

Stargate Atlantis [Tabula Rasa]

10 pm/ET SCI FI New

When it comes to memory issues, most people worry about paying bills on time or the last known whereabouts of a vital ring of keys. Then there's Dr. Rodney McKay, who wakes up on Atlantis strapped to a chair with no recollection of who he is or how he got there. Worse, he's been tasked with saving his teammates from an amnesia-inducing virus — which makes forgetting an anniversary seem benign in comparison.

— Michael Chant

With our Online Video Guide, you're never lost on Stargate Atlantis.

http://video.tvguide.com/Shows/Stargate+Atlantis
          Well, I guess that's the "Saw-esque" part right there.
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
            Well, I guess that's the "Saw-esque" part right there.
            Um, being tied to a chair was done LONG before "Saw" ever came out

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Um, being tied to a chair was done LONG before "Saw" ever came out
              While this is true, waking up tied to a chair (or chained to a pipe) with no memory of how you got there, and then slowly figuring it out by going back with the audience and piecing it together is extremely Saw-esque. Depending on how they filmed the tease, they may even owe royalties.
              sigpic
              It was Arrested Development

Comment

On a side (and completely selfish) note, I am so angry that as soon as I am finally looking forward to an episode this season, I have to attend a stupid Halloween party (two days late = doesn't count in my book).

Hopefully I'll be home in time to watch the re-airing of it at midnight, but still! Waiting an extra two hours! So not cool. Downgrade.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                  While this is true, waking up tied to a chair (or chained to a pipe) with no memory of how you got there, and then slowly figuring it out by going back with the audience and piecing it together is extremely Saw-esque. Depending on how they filmed the tease, they may even owe royalties.
                  Yeah, that was what I meant. I've never even seen the movie, I was just going on what somebody else had said.
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                    Yeah, that was what I meant. I've never even seen the movie, I was just going on what somebody else had said.
                    I have seen all four of the Saw films multiple times, and am a huge fan, so I'd like to think that I can say with some authority that you interpretted what you heard about the movie right.

You really should check out at least the first one. The sequels were good, but the first one was groundbreaking.
                    sigpic

Comment

all they need now is a tape recorder just out of reach, with McKay's voice, telling him why he's here

Then he has to cut his arm off to escape

But it sound like a great episode

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                        Ah hate to burst your bubble, but if you watched the old B&W movies, they've done this plot before (not that these movies play anymore, except maybe on TCM). However, if Rodney had to chew off his ankle, then yes, it might be Saw-esque, but otherwise, check out the old melodramas

Comment

Ok teaser done looks great so far!
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

For me it always seems like the episodes that have a great team focus are the best looking episodes I can't wait to watch! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by McKayManiacs92 View Post
                              For me it always seems like the episodes that have a great team focus are the best looking episodes I can't wait to watch! I love it!
                              It was a great ep sadly my parents didn't care much for it. My dad couldn't follow it and my mom thought it ended to quick and Carter had nothing to do. Which of course I disagreed.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                It was a great ep sadly my parents didn't care much for it. My dad couldn't follow it and my mom thought it ended to quick and Carter had nothing to do. Which of course I disagreed.
                                I know what you mean. It did end too quick, IMO. But, my mom got very confused. And, IDK if my dad really even likes the show. He just sits and watches whatever we turn on.
                                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                                X