Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Outcast" Pre-Airing and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm...interesting.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Indeed. This could be very interesting indeed....
      sigpic

Comment

I was hoping she'd show up. I think I had asked that question a while while back. Either here or on JM's blog. Good to know that I'd get to see her. I think I was hoping JF's "real life" wife would play the role as I heard she was an actress. But I can't wait to see her and get an idea on the kind of person she is, maybe she's something like a Peg Bundy (I always pegged that she was of that persona when I heard him mention her in Sunday; blame it on my Bush moments) ---that would just be utter class. Big hair and hot pants/spandex, no wonder John wasn't too upset when she walked out.
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I was thinking of more of a Lwaxana Troi, lol

Oh, the horror...
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

You know I really hope she's just nice. Just a nice woman and it didn't work out. At the end of the day that's far more interesting than her being a 2-dimensional *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
              You know I really hope she's just nice. Just a nice woman and it didn't work out. At the end of the day that's far more interesting than her being a 2-dimensional *****.
              Completely agree. She should just be a normal person. I don't see Shep's failed marriage as being some horrendous, angsty trauma... he seemed quite accepting of it in Sunday and it's not like it's an uncommon, tragic occurence for a marriage to end these days...

His past marriage is and should be an interesting facet to his character and I'm certainly interested to find out more about it but I don't think it necessarily needs to be, or should be, some clichéd tragedy or angry, hateful break-up...?
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think anyone thought the ending of his marriage was angst-filled. On the contrary, when I saw Sunday and his flippancy towards his failed marriage---I was like "Okay then, whatever" came to mind. I think they were uber-young and she was probably was happy to marry a military man and had high dreams in being a military wife. He loved his job and probably periodically forgot he had a wife based on his tendency to be reckless. As such, marriage was over just because they had different priorities and from each other that couldn't be worked out for different reasons. All in all, it seemed to be an amiable break up or if anything it has been years and he's moved on quite well and probably just considered it something in his youth.

But clearly John took some blame for it's failure but it wasn't something horribly heartbreaking. His "issues" stem from something deeper rooted. She might have had an affect, but very limited. His "issues" could have been another nail to the coffin though.

Comment

^ You see I've never brought that whole "it was all some kind of mistake because they were too young when they got married". I'd much prefer it to be something more recent and more meaningful - Sheppard being flippant about it is just Sheppard being Sheppard, if he was serious he might actually have to discuss emotions.

I think a lot of people want him too have been very young because they think it puts him in a better light but sometimes people get married for all the right reasons and it just doesn't work out - it doesn't make either of them bad people.

Sheppard's in his late 30's early 40's it would be far more odd for him not to have had a serious relationship in his adult life.

Comment

See that's the thing. The writers have made a point in S3 to make John more emotional about things. And from the posts made by JM on his blog they are far from backpedaling on John's emotion.

Sure John used to be flippant that doesn't seem the case if it's something that matters. Look at Phantoms, he wasn't flippant about his people and what he went through in the military before Antartica---he was just taciturn. But he didn't ignore it or marginalize the emotion as he did with the comment on his ex. That being said, it is assumptions I'm making but I am looking at the episodes and how they've evolved in S3 and the comments made by JM for S4.

Sheppard was being Sheppard in S1 and S2, but Sheppard has changed as he should especially taking into consideration S3 and eps like Sateda and Ronon willing to oust himself for the others. Episodes like Phantoms that made him face some demons, eps like The Return and Sunday. John went from one dimensional to being two-dismensional and with the added emotion within him, things we'll be seeing him face (based on JM's statements) I would expect Shep to be more than just Shep. To be moving more into the direction that we've seen so far in S3.

I put it as something young, but it's not because in anyway shape or form I assumed it would put him in a better light. I just put it as that because well, I just did. One though that crossed my mind was after he lost his people in Iraq---it probably took a toll on his relationship. But I put that to an aside because I figured it ended way before then.

Maybe he was serious and maybe he omitted from committed relationship based on the failure of his marriage long before (and that's the side I'm on). <---But I could be wrong, I don't deny that.

Comment

^ You see I've never brought that whole "it was all some kind of mistake because they were too young when they got married". I'd much prefer it to be something more recent and more meaningful - Sheppard being flippant about it is just Sheppard being Sheppard, if he was serious he might actually have to discuss emotions.

I think a lot of people want him too have been very young because they think it puts him in a better light but sometimes people get married for all the right reasons and it just doesn't work out - it doesn't make either of them bad people.

Sheppard's in his late 30's early 40's it would be far more odd for him not to have had a serious relationship in his adult life.
                      ITA. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind if it was an "angsty" break up. I don't want it to just be, "yeah, were married for a couple years but, ya know, we just spilt up." I'd like it to be more meaningful and have more impact than that.

And I think it was a big event in Shep's life, or we wouldn't be seeing his ex at all. Because if nothing interesting happened, then there'd be no reason to bring it up at all.
                      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

It would be interesting in John's ex had a kid. There's been mention of jealousy from John regarding Teyla's pregnancy, and this could tie into that. Someone he was once in love with, was once married to, having moved on and started a completely new family. It could either be really, really, angsty - ZOMG!!!!!! She's got teh baybeez and all I've got is this puddlejumper (I'd prefer the jumper) - or make John realise that he doesn't actually have any desire to be a father.

For some reason, I view John (especially John of Seasons 1 and 2) as the type of person who's bad at relationships. Not a jerk or anything, he's just got trust issues and sucks at commitment. I feel like seeing his ex-wife and finding out what went wrong there will either confirm that or joss me completely - we discover that Shep's actually a closet romantic who often brought home flowers and celebrated anniversaries with roses and chocolate and champagne and wanted kids immediately and made his wife the center of his universe and she just didn't appreciate him. Actually, a revelation like that would rock my socks just as much as Commitmentphobic!John would. At this point I just want to know something about him.
                        They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                        Spoiler:
                        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                          ITA. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind if it was an "angsty" break up. I don't want it to just be, "yeah, were married for a couple years but, ya know, we just spilt up." I'd like it to be more meaningful and have more impact than that.

And I think it was a big event in Shep's life, or we wouldn't be seeing his ex at all. Because if nothing interesting happened, then there'd be no reason to bring it up at all.
                          All divorces/break ups are angsty. I guess what I mean is that I want it to be dealt with in a grown up and realistic way. I don't think Shep would ever marry a ***** and I don't think he would intentionally treat a woman badly he's just emotionally dysfunctional.

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                          It would be interesting in John's ex had a kid. There's been mention of jealousy from John regarding Teyla's pregnancy, and this could tie into that. Someone he was once in love with, was once married to, having moved on and started a completely new family. It could either be really, really, angsty - ZOMG!!!!!! She's got teh baybeez and all I've got is this puddlejumper (I'd prefer the jumper) - or make John realise that he doesn't actually have any desire to be a father.
                          I think that's an interesting possibility. That he sees her in a happy relationship with kids and thinks "that could have been me", there's the potential for a little bit of angst there. I think despite what a lot of people say deep down he's a romantic and he does want to find someone to settle down with, hence him being married in the first place, he just doesn't know how to do that on an emotional level.

Of course we don't know how much of the episode will dwell on this particular relationship. When JM talked about this episode he implied more than one person from Sheppard's past would be putting in an appearance.

Comment

Of course we don't know how much of the episode will dwell on this particular relationship. When JM talked about this episode he implied more than one person from Sheppard's past would be putting in an appearance.
                            True. I don't think the ex will be a large part of the story. They weren't even going to do anything with Sheppard backstory until JF came up with something they liked and thought they could work off of. So it's not like the reference to the ex in Sunday was a big a hint to lead to this season 4 story. I think it's more likely that several people from Sheppard's past will be involved and someone remembered that there was mention of an ex wife and threw her in as well.

Comment

More on that wife:

Zoey Flannigan writes: “Do you think that you could do a episode where shepherd is reunited with a love intrest from his past?”

Answer: We are working on a late-season episode in which he is reunited with his ex-wife.
                              http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-11-2007.html

Comment

^^ Not much more, but I can't wait to see that in action and on screen. I wonder what her name is, and if she still carries the last name Sheppard.

Comment

Working...
                                X