Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Outcast" Pre-Airing and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't gove up hope just yet (please excuse my awful spelling/typing.. Fridayb night... lots of whiskey! )

So far we know Alan has written The Seer, Spoils of War and The Kindred Part II....
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not completely giving up hope, it's just....a lot of my hopes were pinned on this being an MG episode. And now it's not.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to this ep as long as it doesn't turn out to be cheesy or heaven forbid, something reminiscent of Phantoms......promise of a backstory that ended in utter disappointment for me.

I find it intriguing that it will take place on Earth. Does he screw something up in atlantis and being sent back to Earth? Is there problems at "home" that need to be dealt with? some Long overdue fallout from Afghanistan? The Antarctic post? What? What??????? i'm gonna go nuts now.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          I'm thinking PG15 will get this answered before I get it posted but....
          Am I that predictable?

I actually was going to post a list but sort of got lazy half-way through and just stopped.

I knew somebody was going to post a list anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
            I'm looking forward to this ep as long as it doesn't turn out to be cheesy or heaven forbid, something reminiscent of Phantoms......promise of a backstory that ended in utter disappointment for me.

I find it intriguing that it will take place on Earth. Does he screw something up in atlantis and being sent back to Earth? Is there problems at "home" that need to be dealt with? some Long overdue fallout from Afghanistan? The Antarctic post? What? What??????? i'm gonna go nuts now.
            I'm hoping it has something to do with family. Someone asked JM why Shep didn't seem to have anyone to send a message to in LFP, and his response seemed to indicate that was an issue that would be addressed in this episode. I'm hoping for some good angst (that's why I was hoping for Gero), and maybe some good Sheppard/McKay friendship moments (I'm still crossing my fingers that it's Rodney that goes back with him).

I'm just hoping they don't make it a farce like Vala's backstory in Family Ties.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking PG15 will get this answered before I get it posted but....

Prototype
              Stronghold
              Off The Grid
              Arthur's Mantle
              Insiders
              Company of Thieves
              Line in the Sand
              The Road Not Taken

I think he's also doing Tabula Rasa and The Seer.

I can't say I've been particularly taken with anything he's done so far. I don't hate them (except for Insiders), but they'll probably never go on a favorites list. Arthur's Mantle is probably the one I like the best of the bunch.
              Huh. I only remember one or two of those eps. That doesn't bode well for this Shep backstory ep.

I'm hoping it has something to do with family. Someone asked JM why Shep didn't seem to have anyone to send a message to in LFP, and his response seemed to indicate that was an issue that would be addressed in this episode. I'm hoping for some good angst (that's why I was hoping for Gero), and maybe some good Sheppard/McKay friendship moments (I'm still crossing my fingers that it's Rodney that goes back with him).

I'm just hoping they don't make it a farce like Vala's backstory in Family Ties.
              ITA. I was really looking forward to Gero writing this. But then again....

Those eps were all pretty serious eps. Gero tends to write eps with a lot of humor. I can imagine SHep's backstory having any humor, so perhaps this might be a good thing.

Or not...
              click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Alan McCullough also wrote "Dominion", by the way. I thought that one was pretty good.
                Last edited by PG15; 03 August 2007, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                  Huh. I only remember one or two of those eps. That doesn't bode well for this Shep backstory ep.

ITA. I was really looking forward to Gero writing this. But then again....

Those eps were all pretty serious eps. Gero tends to write eps with a lot of humor. I can imagine SHep's backstory having any humor, so perhaps this might be a good thing.

Or not...
                  They're serious, but if I remember correctly, they're pretty much all action episodes. No real angst/character episodes in the bunch, except for LitS, which did have some angst but....didn't really grab me. I don't know. I'll have to wait and see how he handles the Atlantis characters vs the SG-1 characters.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Alan McCulloughalso wrote "Dominion", by the way. I thought that one was pretty good.
                  Actually, Alex Levine is credited with the story and AM with the teleplay, which is why I didn't list it. Maybe I should have? But again, Dominion was an action episode. And...I didn't hate it, really...but it seemed too rushed I think. They were trying to cram too much story into that episode, and it suffered for it IMO.
                  Last edited by Killdeer; 03 August 2007, 08:27 PM.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, this wouldn't be that different, since JF came up with the basic story.

Comment

Yes, but he did with Epiphany as well, and look how that went....

*sighs* *throws up hands*

Who knows? Guess we'll see. It may turn out to be the best episode ever!!! Anything's possible. I guess my bubble of optimism has just been burst though. I'm still hopeful...just not bouncing up and down anymore.

ETA: Although scifi_lemon is right though about the humor - it's doubtful it will be a humor episode with AM writing it, just going off this history.
                      Last edited by Killdeer; 03 August 2007, 08:48 PM.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not too worried. "Prototype" was an episode I enjoyed, both for showing a darker side of Daniel and some interesting (if a bit predictable) politics. I also enjoyed his interpretation of McKay in "The Road Not Taken".

Spoilers from "The Road Not Taken"
                        Spoiler:
                        His McKay is both believable as a possible Rodney, and noticably different from ours in a way that suits the story. Also, it is possible to infer from one line in that episode that AU!McKay got fed up with AU!Carter and was the one to file for divorce. He gets points in my book for that, showing a new aspect of an old relationship.

From what I can remember of the episodes he's written, they were fairly good. I think all of the problems I had were with the larger arcs. He seemed to have a good grasp of the characters and gave a view of their personal relationships that showed depth and emotion without getting cheesy or weepy.

This is all IMO, of course, but I think his style will suit a Sheppard story.
                        They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                        Spoiler:
                        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

*points to Epiphany* Let's just hope that it'll be better because they won't be working on two shows.

*sighs* *throws up hands*

Who knows? Guess we'll see. It may turn out to be the best episode ever!!! Anything's possible. I guess my bubble of optimism has just been burst though. I'm still hopeful...just not bouncing up and down anymore.

ETA: Although scifi_lemon is right though about the humor - it's doubtful it will be a humor episode with AM writing it, just going off this history.
                          ITA. We're just going to have to wait and see. I hope everything works out though.
                          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                            I'm not too worried. "Prototype" was an episode I enjoyed, both for showing a darker side of Daniel and some interesting (if a bit predictable) politics. I also enjoyed his interpretation of McKay in "The Road Not Taken".

Spoilers from "The Road Not Taken"
                            Spoiler:
                            His McKay is both believable as a possible Rodney, and noticably different from ours in a way that suits the story. Also, it is possible to infer from one line in that episode that AU!McKay got fed up with AU!Carter and was the one to file for divorce. He gets points in my book for that, showing a new aspect of an old relationship.

From what I can remember of the episodes he's written, they were fairly good. I think all of the problems I had were with the larger arcs. He seemed to have a good grasp of the characters and gave a view of their personal relationships that showed depth and emotion without getting cheesy or weepy.

This is all IMO, of course, but I think his style will suit a Sheppard story.
                            You know, I had forgotten about his AU!Rodney. I did like him. Hmmm. That's kind of encouraging. Thanks.

Yeah, I thought Prototype was fine, and Arthur's Mantle. Wasn't so crazy about some of the others. Insiders had major problems (IMO) and Stronghold was when they started trying to introduce the more reckless version of Cam, which I wasn't wild about. Have to confess I don't really remember Off the Grid and Company of Thieves that well, except they both had to do with the Lucian Alliance and the crazy corn.

ETA: Just checked GW episode summaries and I remember them now.
                            Spoiler:
                            Off the Grid is the Team in Leather episode, and Company of Thieves was where the Odyssey (with Carter on board) got taken over by the Lucian Alliance and Cam went undercover. Hmmm.
                            Last edited by Killdeer; 03 August 2007, 10:00 PM.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree, family would be good. I want some real backstory in this ep..not hints of it, not skirting around, not touching on what we already know, and please for the love of Satrgate NOTHING like that horrible Vala family episode that you mentioned.

It will be interesting to see how they go with this one. Until I see it, I will reserve judgement.
                              sigpic

Comment

Update from JM's blog:

Back in the office today and we broke the JF story today. More on it, some snaps from Kindred II, and the mailbag tomorrow.
                                http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...st-7-2007.html
                                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Working...
                                X