Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Missing Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    That's a wonderful idea and could easily happen. Definitely I think something sinister will happen/has happened in the episode. I rather like your idea.
    I concur with Linzi on Josie's idea. That's the direction I could see it realistically going.

On an off topic note, I notice that the Shep thunkers (Sanssong, Josie, and Linzi) seem to have John all in a similar expression---pre "WOAH"!

Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
      I concur with Linzi on Josie's idea. That's the direction I could see it realistically going.

On an off topic note, I notice that the Shep thunkers (Sanssong, Josie, and Linzi) seem to have John all in a similar expression---pre "WOAH"!

I'm glad other people think my idea's plausible it kind of came to me the other night as I was drifting off to sleep.

And as for the Shep expression, you have to admit he does look rather adorable like that, doesn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
        I recently asked JM about Teyla's people on Athos and whether they had the ancient gene and if we'd be revisiting Athos to see that sister city-ship. His answer was, probably. Which makes me think there's a likely chance...do you think all these might be related to this story.
        I saw your question and Joe's answer.. though I don't think Joe specifically adressed the issue of the "sister city ship" in his answer. That is, I think, something of a misconception... it was never said in Rising that the abandoned city on Athos was a Lantean city and definitely not that it is a sister city ship to Atlantis (like the city in The Tower). It was supposed to be an Athosian city.. built by them in a time when their society was more advanced, before repeated Wraith cullings pushed them back to a more simple, nomadic lifestyle in order to survive.

Added to that, there is also the issue that, after the events of Rising, the Wraith scorched Athos bare in revenge for the Athosians rebellion. I'm guessing that means the city was destroyed too?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
          And as for the Shep expression, you have to admit he does look rather adorable like that, doesn't he?
          That he does.
          Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          I saw your question and Joe's answer.. though I don't think Joe specifically adressed the issue of the "sister city ship" in his answer. That is, I think, something of a misconception... it was never said in Rising that the abandoned city on Athos was a Lantean city and definitely not that it is a sister city ship to Atlantis (like the city in The Tower). It was supposed to be an Athosian city.. built by them in a time when their society was more advanced, before repeated Wraith cullings pushed them back to a more simple, nomadic lifestyle in order to survive.

Added to that, there is also the issue that, after the events of Rising, the Wraith scorched Athos bare in revenge for the Athosians rebellion. I'm guessing that means the city was destroyed too?
          Well it's no misconception on my part. I know there's a possibility it's not a sister city-ship. But I'm going by the design of the place and it's look. If The Tower had one, there is a strong possibility the Athos city was another one.

I do have to say I don't agree with everything you've said. Teyla made no claim that the city was of her people, John did say that. And as for people from that planet where the city is located, then in affect it would be theirs. She referred to it as "the old city"...The drawings on the wall she showed John she even says she believed was before her city was even torched...with an advanced City drawn and Wraith ships attacking. This is why she says she believes that it's prophesized that the Wraith would be awakened en masse anyway. But to go back to the planet. There is enough evidence within the episode of rising to deduce that it was an Ancient ship. So far no city we have seen of advanced cultures within the PG have looked anywhere similar to the design of an Ancient City-ship...so far it has only been the ruins on Athos and of course the castle/underground structure in The Tower as reminiscint.

As for your last statement I'm not sure. Are you referring to the drawing Teyla showed John or to the final culling that day?
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Small tidbit for this episode:

Suekay writes: “Which episode in the first half of season four are you most looking forward to? And which episodes should fans be looking forward to most for each member of the Team?”

Answer: To be honest, I’m looking forward to seeing all of the first half episodes this season. I think we have an exceptionally strong line-up for season four so far. As for which episodes fans should be looking forward to most for each member of the team - it‘s tough to say only because my opinion could be very different from fan opinion especially when you start factoring in the different fan factions. But, in my opinnion, I’d say: Travelers for Sheppard, Miller’s Crossing for McKay, Reunion for Ronon, Missing for Teyla, The Seer for Carter, This Mortal Coil for Weir, and Missing again for Keller.

Comment

Lets say im very interested to see this episode the most and i have to wait until bloody FALL!!!!!!!!! lol

Comment

I don't know if this has been suggested before as I confess to being too lazy to have read through the thread. Feel free to moan at me if I'm going over old ground.

Here's my speculation:
                Spoiler:
                What if after things have been settled on Atlantis they head back to the Athosian settlement (remember they are on that shiny new planet the Ancients relocated them to in The Return pt2) and find them missing, the entire settlement gone, rather like the Super volcano people from Vengeance? It could be left open as to their fate.

JM has said a character will go a little darkside this year and I think that would be a wonderful arc for Teyla and what could hurt her more than the loss of her people.

What do you think?
                I think it's an awesome idea. I like it better than the idea of Teyla going missing and Sheppard being the one going dark looking for her, mainly because that idea put Teyla in the damsel in distress role, whereas this idea gives her a stronger/less passive role to play. I hope it works out this way.

I hope you don't mind - I crossposted a link to your post over in the Joe Mallozzi's Poem thread. We've been talking about the poem hints as they relate to episode spoilers, and I think your theory is an awesome one, not just for Missing, but for Teyla's whole arc. Here's the post, but if it's a problem for you, I'll take it down.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...91#post6569991
                Last edited by Killdeer; 15 April 2007, 07:29 PM.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  I think it's an awesome idea. I like it better than the idea of Teyla going missing and Sheppard being the one going dark looking for her, mainly because that idea put Teyla in the damsel in distress role, whereas this idea gives her a stronger/less passive role to play. I hope it works out this way.

I hope you don't mind - I crossposted a link to your post over in the Joe Mallozzi's Poem thread. We've been talking about the poem hints as they relate to episode spoilers, and I think your theory is an awesome one, not just for Missing, but for Teyla's whole arc. Here's the post, but if it's a problem for you, I'll take it down.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...91#post6569991
                  No that's fine, we're all here to share our speculations anyway right?

And I agree with you Teyla needs a strong arc of her own that isn't just a by-product of what's happening to someone else or the catalyst for development for one of the other characters. Teyla and Rachel Luttrell deserve better.

Comment

No that's fine, we're all here to share our speculations anyway right?

And I agree with you Teyla needs a strong arc of her own that isn't just a by-product of what's happening to someone else or the catalyst for development for one of the other characters. Teyla and Rachel Luttrell deserve better.
                    Thanks! And I totally agree with you.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

The more I see and hear the more each of these eps sound amazing. Also thought you guys would like to see this one seems to be a creature of some kind, the other, a throwing star.
                      http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC03808.JPG

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC03809.JPG
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ok from the spoilers we've heard about from 'Seer' this is what i think may happen in missing;

As we know missing is supposed to be a Teyla episode, we also know from spoilers from the 'Seer' that is presumably later in the season Teyla is worried about the fate of her missing people! So what if 'missing' is actually Teyla's anthosian people going missing and something bad happening to them and the Atlantis team is sent to find out what and something obviously happens to Teyla during the episode.

thoughts?
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I don't know if this has been suggested before as I confess to being too lazy to have read through the thread. Feel free to moan at me if I'm going over old ground.

Here's my speculation:
                          Spoiler:
                          What if after things have been settled on Atlantis they head back to the Athosian settlement (remember they are on that shiny new planet the Ancients relocated them to in The Return pt2) and find them missing, the entire settlement gone, rather like the Super volcano people from Vengeance? It could be left open as to their fate.

JM has said a character will go a little darkside this year and I think that would be a wonderful arc for Teyla and what could hurt her more than the loss of her people.

What do you think?
                          I think you are nearly spot on josie. I do believe it will be the Athosian people/settlement missing.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          The more I see and hear the more each of these eps sound amazing. Also thought you guys would like to see this one seems to be a creature of some kind, the other, a throwing star.

SQUEE!!! I saw that throwing star being machined on the set tour. Very cool.

I am getting very excited for this ep!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post

I wonder how these fit into the plot. A throwing star carved on a tree? Maybe in some kind of attack?

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            Ok from the spoilers we've heard about from 'Seer' this is what i think may happen in missing;

As we know missing is supposed to be a Teyla episode, we also know from spoilers from the 'Seer' that is presumably later in the season Teyla is worried about the fate of her missing people! So what if 'missing' is actually Teyla's anthosian people going missing and something bad happening to them and the Atlantis team is sent to find out what and something obviously happens to Teyla during the episode.

thoughts?
                            I agree with this idea, but I'm still trying to figure out Keller's participation on this ep. Acording to JM she will be part of the ep too.
                            My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                            Sig and avi by me
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                              I wonder how these fit into the plot. A throwing star carved on a tree? Maybe in some kind of attack?

I agree with this idea, but I'm still trying to figure out Keller's participation on this ep. Acording to JM she will be part of the ep too.

The star thing is not carved onto a tree, but rather it is used to stick a particular person to a tree. Of course, a real tree was not used, but a very nice machined tree. Can't damage those trees in Capilano ya know.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                                The star thing is not carved onto a tree, but rather it is used to stick a particular person to a tree. Of course, a real tree was not used, but a very nice machined tree. Can't damage those trees in Capilano ya know.
                                Even better!
                                My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                                Sig and avi by me
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X