Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Missing Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
    Well the way the writers treat the charaters on the show I'm guessing that a charaterwill go missing and be "killed off".
    I doubt Weir or another character will be axed. I think Weir will simply have a reduced role but it won't stop me from watching if she leaves permantly.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
      Just an idle thought

"A strange dissappearance feeds another's dark turn"

Maybe Weir goes missing and this is what kick-starts the Teyla arc, since we're supposed to see a darker side of her.
      Would be interesting. Maybe we won't see as much "Nice Teyla". Probably more of "Amazon Teyla".

Comment

I was thinking (spoilers for Travelers)

Spoiler:
        That maybe it continues the story in Travelers and it's Sheppard that's missing, but then I realized, nah, we're not that lucky for the storyline to take up two episodes. But I can dream!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
          I was thinking (spoilers for Travelers)

Spoiler:
          That maybe it continues the story in Travelers and it's Sheppard that's missing, but then I realized, nah, we're not that lucky for the storyline to take up two episodes. But I can dream!
          That would be fab and one i would certainly enjoy!!

I thought I read somewhere that S4 may have more story arcs to it? So anything is possible. Guess we have a long wait till fall to find out. *mumble grumble*
          sigpic

Comment

I did hear that and I think it's a wonderful idea. IMO, one of the main problems with SGA is that they don't have enough time to tell these stories so things get rushed or chopped up and they don't live up to the full potential. By going with arcs, they can do so much more.
            sigpic

Comment

I did hear that and I think it's a wonderful idea. IMO, one of the main problems with SGA is that they don't have enough time to tell these stories so things get rushed or chopped up and they don't live up to the full potential. By going with arcs, they can do so much more.
              I am in full agreement. Small sci-fi arcs can accomplish a lot, and in some ways, can be easier on production resources, budgets, and if done right, can generate some great ratings!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                I am in full agreement. Small sci-fi arcs can accomplish a lot, and in some ways, can be easier on production resources, budgets, and if done right, can generate some great ratings!!!
                Indeed they can. However IMHO TPTB can acomplish great things even in a rushed ep.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                  I think the small arcs are overdue as well. At lot of my fav shows have had them and they worked well. Here's hoping......
                  sigpic

Comment

How about the Replicators/Asurans go missing...

(Hear me out before you get the wood for the stake)

We(atlantis) are gone from the place where the enemy knew we were... We also know where the Asurans are situated...who's going to stop us from attacking their homeworld once again...

What if we went back to their homeworld to check up on them and (drum roll) Discovered them "MISSING"

They packed up and moved to another planet and we now sit with that element of who;s going to find who 1st?

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity View Post

We(atlantis) are gone from the place where the enemy knew we were... We also know where the Asurans are situated...who's going to stop us from attacking their homeworld once again...

What if we went back to their homeworld to check up on them and (drum roll) Discovered them "MISSING"

They packed up and moved to another planet and we now sit with that element of who;s going to find who 1st?
                      Hmm possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity View Post

That sounds intertesting.

The only thing I could see with this is that the Asurans will be completely forgotten until *poof* they magically appear in a future episode with no explanation or mention in any previuos episode about this 'warped cat and mouse' game.
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree!
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree that Weir is the most likely one to go missing. And probably Sheppard is the one with the "dark turn". It would be cool if it were Teyla though.

JoeM has said that Weir is a player in a major arc. (Forgive me if I've misquoted, but I think that's how it went). So if the arc involved the search for her, she wouldn't necessarily have to appear in many episodes. Kind of like Daniel searching for Shau'ri. (Not that I'm a Shep/Weir shipper, I'm not.)

I'm willing to believe it could be something totally different though. Missing is a little further down in the order, and I was kind of expecting them to resolve the Weir situation in the first few episodes. Plus they already did the missing team member search with Ford, so...who knows?
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

I love the scenario of Weir going missing and Sheppard turning dark. Could this tie in with fellow chat pal Elinor's question asked and answered on JM's blog?

Elinor writes: “Can we expect a bit more of Sheppard 'pushed to his limits', as it were, in s4?”

Answer: Yup.

Just more answers than questions......
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                                I love the scenario of Weir going missing and Sheppard turning dark. Could this tie in with fellow chat pal Elinor's question asked and answered on JM's blog?

Just more answers than questions......
                                I hope so I love that idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X