Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Missing Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
    Okay then...so Weir goes missing in Lifeline so that Carter comes in, in Reunion as leader, and then what about Missing? Unless Weir quits in Lifeline, but is still on hand until Missing and then she goes missing?! I'm trying to connect your meaning. Weir play a role in an arc, but with Lifeline is three epsidoes from Missing. with Carter/Allies (possible) dividing the two, it would mean that Missing would have to be episode 2, in order for it to fit Weir. But missing is 3 away. It just doesn't work, unless we just wait for S4, or JM gives us more than we're going with.

As for them being close friends. I gave up on that relationship at the beginning of S3. They're just closer than acquaintances, but far from friends. Two seasons went by and nothing, you can't force feed me snippets in 3 episodes 3 years later and expect me to eat it.
    Joe said Weir is a ‘significant player’ in season four I can only hazard a guess. If that means she plays a part in Teyla’s arc? Being the one to go missing and Teyla goes dark because of it maybe Teyla had a chance to prevent Weir going missing. The team start a search for her leaving Carter in command rather then Carter heading back to Earth 'The support role .'
    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
      Actually thinking about it this would explain why Carter is in command and not Sheppard… Someone just reminded me of a phrase. ‘I'll do anything for my friends.' And with the quote Weir being a ‘Significant player.’ She’s probably the one to kick start Teyla’s arc as they were becoming close friends by the end of season three.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        To be honest, I have no idea what may happen.
        Spoiler:
        We do know there's going to be lots of fighting and action in Missing, as Joe answered my question about which episodes had physical action, gun shooting, running around, throwing around etc.. and Missing was one of those he listed, (along with Lifeline and Travelers).

I know Missing definitely has the Athosians in it, at least that's what I was told, so I can only take the word of my friend on what she saw. Some of us have speculated that someone goes missing and that Teyla goes a little dark because of Joe's poem where he said someone going missing feeds anothers dark turn. It can't easily be one of the remaining cast that goes missing unless we see where they are, I suppose.

As I said, this is just speculation on my part, and that could be totally wrong. It sounds a really interesting episode, and I believe Joe said it's a dark episode too on his blog. Hope that helps?
        It helps a great deal. Shoot...if this is true lead on where the ep goes, I didnt think I could get any more excited about S4. I'm going to faint *ded* away. ~sigh~ This is just fabulous news. The Athosians AND Teyla, pure greatness. Like the Satedans AND Ronon----stuff we've been missing since S2 is arriving finally.

By the way Linzi you have to ask aagin if we'll get an update on Shep's backstory next month, or I'll ask...hopefully JM will have something for the second half on paper.
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

It helps a great deal. Shoot...if this is true lead on where the ep goes, I didnt think I could get any more excited about S4. I'm going to faint *ded* away. ~sigh~ This is just fabulous news. The Athosians AND Teyla, pure greatness. Like the Satedans AND Ronon----stuff we've been missing since S2 is arriving finally.

By the way Linzi you have to ask aagin if we'll get an update on Shep's backstory next month, or I'll ask...hopefully JM will have something for the second half on paper.
          I'll keep asking, don't worry.

Missing sounds an intriguing episode.

I don't think the story will invole Weir though, to be honest.
          sigpic

Comment

Joe said Weir is a ‘significant player’ in season four I can only hazard a guess. If that means she plays a part in Teyla’s arc? Being the one to go missing and Teyla goes dark because of it maybe Teyla had a chance to prevent Weir going missing. The team start a search for her leaving Carter in command rather then Carter heading back to Earth 'The support role .'

No, Joe said that she was a significant player in the Teyla arc, not a significant player in the season. As much as you want it, I don't see that it's Weir going missing. And *sigh* The support role Carter is playing will be very much in Pegasus. I know it's hard for you all to let go of a character you love, but she's going all the same.
            Last edited by sanssong; 10 April 2007, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
              No, Joe said that she was a significant player in the Teyla arc, not a significant player in the season. As much as you want it, I don't see that it's Weir going missing.
              I don't remember Joe saying Weir was a significant player in a Teyla arc. I believe he said Weir was a player in a significant arc. I take that to mean what we see in the first few episodes only.
              sigpic

Comment

Missing is a story about
                Spoiler:
                The Athosians and Teyla, I believe. I don't think Teyla will go missing, more someone going missing will make her go a little dark. At least that's what some of us have been speculating. Though there are no firm spoilers. My info was gathered from those who went on set tours at the recent Con in Vancouver. They saw artists drawings from Missing, and have said what they saw. There were no piccies allowed though.

Reunion will indeed air third. JM confirmed it in his blog when I asked him again yesterday. I have reported the news to GW so they can alter their Reunion spoiler story if they so wish
                THAT would be awesome!
                Spoiler:
                From the Reunion spoilers I've read, Carter is clearly in charge already, so yeah.... this looks to be all about the Teyla! Whoot!

Comment

I don't remember Joe saying Weir was a significant player in a Teyla arc. I believe he said Weir was a player in a significant arc. I take that to mean what we see in the first few episodes only.

I think it amounts to the same thing, but I'm pretty sure, he said it was Teyla's arc.... I'll have to research. But I'm with you in thinking that she's not around much after the first few eps of the season.

Comment

Yeah, to follow Linzi, JM did say that Weir plays a role in an arc, that's true.
                    Spoiler:
                    But he never said it was directly Teyla related. At the moment we know of one season long arc for Teyla (but so was S1). The Weir playing a role could be McKay related and also since I'm hearing whispers about Earth and Jeannie might be coming back (speculation but one never knows).

Carter is still leader in Reunion. Which is two episodes BEFORE Missing. So again your idea doesn't work or flow with the episode timeline. Further more I can't see Teyla going dark over one person...several yes, one no! You saw the way she was in S1, after the Brotherhood and she was good friends with that family. In any event, I find that story idea weak.

Comment

Yeah, to follow Linzi, JM did say that Weir plays a role in an arc, that's true. [spoiler]But he never said it was directly Teyla related. At the moment we know of one season long arc for Teyla (but so was S1).
                      Okay, okay, I give! This first arc is not a Teyla one! lol! But whatever it is, it's sounding better all the time.

Comment

I have an idea:
                        Spoiler:
                        Weir is recovering in Atlantis, and asks Teyla to be her representative around the city while she's down for the count. Carter sends her and Sheppard's team to another planet for diplomatic talks, and Teyla vanishes during a break in the action. Weir feels terrible for putting her in such risk, and asks Carter to send a team after her. The Expedition finally reaches her, but not before she's been tortured for information by the planet's inhabitants, who are trying to find better ways to defend themselves from the Wraith and knew of Teyla's connection to Atlantis. They revover her and bring her home, but Teyla is shaken and (Cue Dark arc!)
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          I have an idea:
                          Spoiler:
                          Weir is recovering in Atlantis, and asks Teyla to be her representative around the city while she's down for the count. Carter sends her and Sheppard's team to another planet for diplomatic talks, and Teyla vanishes during a break in the action. Weir feels terrible for putting her in such risk, and asks Carter to send a team after her. The Expedition finally reaches her, but not before she's been tortured for information by the planet's inhabitants, who are trying to find better ways to defend themselves from the Wraith and knew of Teyla's connection to Atlantis. They revover her and bring her home, but Teyla is shaken and (Cue Dark arc!)
                          Explain to me how the Athosians fit in, and JM has confirmed them in the first half of the season. Lastly,
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm still trying to figure out you're point on Weir having Teyla as rep. She wouldn't have authority...that would be up to Carter. Further more, why would Weir feel bad? Teyla has been negotiating longer, Teyla is leader of her people and came on the show saying she's traded with HUNDREDS of planets and people. If that's the case, Weir shouldn't feel bad she put Teyla in danger. I just don't see it as a viable storyline. Also, John and the team would be on this diplomatic talk with Teyla---as Weir would be. That would mean that if Teyla was kidnapped and tortured the others would be in the same predicament. Lastly, John wouldn't leave Teyla behind...maybe Lorne we saw this in The Ark.
                          So I don't see the spec as very realistic, although you could be right, it just doesn't float properly to me. It gives me the impression that it's reaching to include Weir, where really she's not needed.
                          Last edited by vaberella; 10 April 2007, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I'll keep asking, don't worry.

Missing sounds an intriguing episode.

I don't think the story will invole Weir though, to be honest.
                            I can't wait. Season 4 sounds better and better.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I don't know if this has been suggested before as I confess to being too lazy to have read through the thread. Feel free to moan at me if I'm going over old ground.

Here's my speculation:
                              Spoiler:
                              What if after things have been settled on Atlantis they head back to the Athosian settlement (remember they are on that shiny new planet the Ancients relocated them to in The Return pt2) and find them missing, the entire settlement gone, rather like the Super volcano people from Vengeance? It could be left open as to their fate.

JM has said a character will go a little darkside this year and I think that would be a wonderful arc for Teyla and what could hurt her more than the loss of her people.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                                I don't know if this has been suggested before as I confess to being too lazy to have read through the thread. Feel free to moan at me if I'm going over old ground.

Here's my speculation:
                                Spoiler:
                                What if after things have been settled on Atlantis they head back to the Athosian settlement (remember they are on that shiny new planet the Ancients relocated them to in The Return pt2) and find them missing, the entire settlement gone, rather like the Super volcano people from Vengeance? It could be left open as to their fate.

JM has said a character will go a little darkside this year and I think that would be a wonderful arc for Teyla and what could hurt her more than the loss of her people.

What do you think?
                                That's a wonderful idea and could easily happen. Definitely I think something sinister will happen/has happened in the episode. I rather like your idea.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X