Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Missing Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 5th episode is titled "Missing." This leads me to wonder if Weir will remain in charge of Atlantis until Episode 5 and then go missing with Carter being her successor in the remaining 14 of the remaining 15 episodes.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
      The 5th episode is titled "Missing." This leads me to wonder if Weir will remain in charge of Atlantis until Episode 5 and then go missing with Carter being her successor in the remaining 14 of the remaining 15 episodes.

What do you think?
      According to spoilers for Reunion, Carter is already in charge of Atlantis, so it's my guess that it's Teyla who goes missing.

Comment

GateWorld lists "Reunion" as Episode 7.

Comment

I concur with Sanssong. Reunion is listed as no.3 and Carter seems to be in full command mode by this time. That would mean that Missing would have to be episode 2 for it to be Weir. But episode 2 is Lifeline (which happens to have Weir) and Missing could be anyone else on the expedition except Weir....but as due to the info on the arc for S4, it's most probably Teyla.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

What do you think?
            That would be my assumption to, considering who’s writing the story but then he’s good at writing for both Elizabeth and Teyla. But there’s still no reason why Weir is only a recurring and not a main character. This was the only reason I could think of, but who knows?????.
            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Gateworld's off. Per Joe M's blog, it looks as though Reunion will air third.
              Linzi writes: “Adrift (desperation), Lifeline (gamble), Reunion (roots), Travelers (rivalry), Missing (missing). Is that the order you expect the episodes to air in?”

Answer: Yes.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I've said this on the Save Weir thread...

JM did say that Reunion was Episode 3.

Spoiler:

Here's the link.

Linzi writes: “Adrift (desperation), Lifeline (gamble), Reunion (roots), Travelers (rivalry), Missing (missing). Is that the order you expect the episodes to air in?”

Answer: Yes.
                Plus he's mentioned in his blog that GW has had incorrect information,

Here's the link.

Linzi writes: “I was reading GW's Home page headline info about spoilers for Travelers, and they report that Travelers is not due to air fourth.”

Answer: They’re wrong. Travelers will air fourth.
                So I'd sooner believe his order, since he's said GW has had it incorrect in the past. Or just ask him for verification.

Comment

Actually thinking about it this would explain why Carter is in command and not Sheppard… Someone just reminded me of a phrase. ‘I'll do anything for my friends.' And with the quote Weir being a ‘Significant player.’ She’s probably the one to kick start Teyla’s arc as they were becoming close friends by the end of season three.
                  BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Where did it say that Carter would be in charge by Reunion?
                    It wasn't in any of the spoilers I read, If your refering to the set tour info (Carter's Office) well that could have ben left over from "Dopplegangers" episode 8, which filmed first to allow Cooper to work on "Ark of Truth"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                      Actually thinking about it this would explain why Carter is in command and not Sheppard… Someone just reminded me of a phrase. ‘I'll do anything for my friends.' And with the quote Weir being a ‘Significant player.’ She’s probably the one to kick start Teyla’s arc as they were becoming close friends by the end of season three.
                      Okay then...so Weir goes missing in Lifeline so that Carter comes in, in Reunion as leader, and then what about Missing? Unless Weir quits in Lifeline, but is still on hand until Missing and then she goes missing?! I'm trying to connect your meaning. Weir play a role in an arc, but with Lifeline is three epsidoes from Missing. with Carter/Allies (possible) dividing the two, it would mean that Missing would have to be episode 2, in order for it to fit Weir. But missing is 3 away. It just doesn't work, unless we just wait for S4, or JM gives us more than we're going with.

As for them being close friends. I gave up on that relationship at the beginning of S3. They're just closer than acquaintances, but far from friends. Two seasons went by and nothing, you can't force feed me snippets in 3 episodes 3 years later and expect me to eat it.

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                      Where did it say that Carter would be in charge by Reunion?
                      It wasn't in any of the spoilers I read, If your refering to the set tour info (Carter's Office) well that could have ben left over from "Dopplegangers" episode 8, which filmed first to allow Cooper to work on "Ark of Truth"
                      I'm going to pm you that information. Check your messages SW.

Comment

Missing is a story about
                        Spoiler:
                        The Athosians and Teyla, I believe. I don't think Teyla will go missing, more someone going missing will make her go a little dark. At least that's what some of us have been speculating. Though there are no firm spoilers. My info was gathered from those who went on set tours at the recent Con in Vancouver. They saw artists drawings from Missing, and have said what they saw. There were no piccies allowed though.

Reunion will indeed air third. JM confirmed it in his blog when I asked him again yesterday. I have reported the news to GW so they can alter their Reunion spoiler story if they so wish
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                          I'm going to pm you that information. Check your messages SW.
                          PM me too since I haven't heard that bit myself.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                            PM me too since I haven't heard that bit myself.
                            Ditto.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                              Missing is a story about
                              Spoiler:
                              The Athosians and Teyla, I believe. I don't think Teyla will go missing, more someone going missing will make her go a little dark. At least that's what some of us have been speculating. Though there are no firm spoilers. My info was gathered from those who went on set tours at the recent Con in Vancouver. They saw artists drawings from Missing, and have said what they saw. There were no piccies allowed though.

Reunion will indeed air third. JM confirmed it in his blog when I asked him again yesterday. I have reported the news to GW so they can alter their Reunion spoiler story if they so wish
                              Wow, Linz...that's a bloody great idea. That's far better than just a Teyla arc. Oh my gosh Linz...if I wasn't already committed to Willow's Cat, I'd propose. I'm sure she'll be jealous over my gushing of your news.

Now what is this missing about do you think besides
                              Spoiler:
                              Athosians.
                              You think if WEir was right in The Gift, that the Wraith are doing tests again on humans? Or does it relate to what Michael was doing.

I recently asked JM about Teyla's people on Athos and whether they had the ancient gene and if we'd be revisiting Athos to see that sister city-ship. His answer was, probably. Which makes me think there's a likely chance...do you think all these might be related to this story.

This does make for an interesting arc and my speculation bunnies are hopping around...Thanks Linzi!!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                                Wow, Linz...that's a bloody great idea. That's far better than just a Teyla arc. Oh my gosh Linz...if I wasn't already committed to Willow's Cat, I'd propose. I'm sure she'll be jealous over my gushing of your news.

Now what is this missing about do you think besides
                                Spoiler:
                                Athosians.
                                You think if WEir was right in The Gift, that the Wraith are doing tests again on humans? Or does it relate to what Michael was doing.

I recently asked JM about Teyla's people on Athos and whether they had the ancient gene and if we'd be revisiting Athos to see that sister city-ship. His answer was, probably. Which makes me think there's a likely chance...do you think all these might be related to this story.

This does make for an interesting arc and my speculation bunnies are hopping around...Thanks Linzi!!
                                To be honest, I have no idea what may happen.
                                Spoiler:
                                We do know there's going to be lots of fighting and action in Missing, as Joe answered my question about which episodes had physical action, gun shooting, running around, throwing around etc.. and Missing was one of those he listed, (along with Lifeline and Travelers).

I know Missing definitely has the Athosians in it, at least that's what I was told, so I can only take the word of my friend on what she saw. Some of us have speculated that someone goes missing and that Teyla goes a little dark because of Joe's poem where he said someone going missing feeds anothers dark turn. It can't easily be one of the remaining cast that goes missing unless we see where they are, I suppose.

As I said, this is just speculation on my part, and that could be totally wrong. It sounds a really interesting episode, and I believe Joe said it's a dark episode too on his blog. Hope that helps?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X