This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
    Thanks for your POV! Nice to know that not everybody feels like they got hit over the head with J/T.

But I thought you couldn't see DG until it aired? You were very sad, as I recall. . .
    Agree, it was meant to be subtle for however you want to interpret it! (Just please don't deny it was shown!) LOL!

But as for your second question...er...I wouldn't go there.
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
      Agree, it was meant to be subtle for however you want to interpret it! (Just please don't deny it was shown!) LOL!

Oh.
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Wow, 7 times... I'll be glad to get through the one time. Though it may end up like Sunday which at first I thought I wouldn't be watching again and finally ended up watching it a lot more than once.
        A bit OT, but just wanted to say I'm so sorry about Kate! I really liked her too.

Comment

A bit OT, but just wanted to say I'm so sorry about Kate! I really liked her too.
          Yeah... Yeah... Well... She's gone now. Won't have that feeling again that she might be back. *shrug* Which in on itself ruins Atlantis for me.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Yeah... Yeah... Well... She's gone now. Won't have that feeling again that she might be back. *shrug* Which in on itself ruins Atlantis for me.
            Well hey, maybe you can find a new fave character? There are lots to choose from. . .

Of course, I'm terrible at this cuz none of my faves have been killed off. (not trying to rub it in here, I'm just all around lousy at the whole "comforting thing".)
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Well hey, maybe you can find a new fave character? There are lots to choose from. . .
              1. Kate
              2. Teyla
              3. Elizabeth

Of that list only Teyla remains... I could be off worse, I guess.

Of course, I'm terrible at this cuz none of my faves have been killed off. (not trying to rub it in here, I'm just all around lousy at the whole "comforting thing".)
              And I'm feeling kinda awkward around all the sympathy. It's definitely awkward but it does show that GW isn't as divided as it may come across.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                ...are you a novelist dear? It took ages to go through the whole thing

*huggies or pampers *

*heee heee heee, I am so funnneeeey!!!
                No comment!

As for your second point... no comment! *runs and hides*

Thanks for your POV! Nice to know that not everybody feels like they got hit over the head with J/T.

But I thought you couldn't see DG until it aired? You were very sad, as I recall. . .
                personally I can take it or leave it. People will see what they want to see. If they saw shippyness, great stuff, let them squee. If they didn't and only saw friendships, great different strokes for different strokes. If people felt like they got hit over the hedge with a sledghammer. Personally, I didn't but who am I to say they didn't see that? Everyone brings to the table different experiences and likes and dislikes. I would love to see why they did/didn't see ship in this, because I love it when you get a scene and you get a 1000 and one different perspectives. It's not wrong, it's just different.

As for your second point, I was gutted absolutely gutted...reason why? (Too lengthy to explain) But some kind soul took pity on me. I must've been really pathetic, and I think I spread my unhappiness and misery round the fandom... and they probably got tired of hearing me sob.

That's it though, you saw it, I didn't. I saw two friends hugging because they'd lost someone close at the hands (techically) of one of their own. SO, the hug, I can understand as a comfort one, that's how I saw it, personally.

ITunes made a bit of a cock up and released the ep early as it was the first ep in production.

Go tell Falcon Horus, she'd appreciate it. Kate was her fave character.

ETA: never mind LC she's seen it.

Comment

Can we just agree that dreams in general are not straightforward and are not easy to understand the meaning of and leave it at that? Cos honestly, we can dissect Teyla's dream every which way from Sunday and everyone's perspective on it is going to depend on their view of ship...

Really.. like most elements in the show that can be viewed as shippy, it's left open to the individual viewer to interpret it how they wish. It's not an issue there's ever going to be any consensus on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    The reason the hug was 'painful' is because of the way it is edited. You get to see it twice, from two slghtly different angles. makes it look silly.
                    No imho it was meant to show John as uncomfortable about contact with people, it is weird because it is meant to be. They are not silly they know how to shoot and edit the show by now. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                      No imho it was meant to show John as uncomfortable about contact with people, it is weird because it is meant to be. They are not silly they know how to shoot and edit the show by now. LOL
                      Exactly. Shep isn't good at showing feelings and emotional. So the scene was set to reflect that. And for me it worked and showed how uncomfortable he was. Not necessarily because it was Teyla, but in general, he doesn't 'do' feelings. That's just his nature, but he is getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        Can we just agree that dreams in general are not straightforward and are not easy to understand the meaning of and leave it at that? Cos honestly, we can dissect Teyla's dream every which way from Sunday and everyone's perspective on it is going to depend on their view of ship...

Really.. like most elements in the show that can be viewed as shippy, it's left open to the individual viewer to interpret it how they wish. It's not an issue there's ever going to be any consensus on.
                        I'm sorry, Ali. Point taken. I wasn't trying to argue ship, that is not appropriate here, I was just trying to counter those saying that Teyla's worst nightmare is being in a relationship at John. I was just trying to show that regardless of how you intepret their feelings, friendship or more, the writer's intent was a little more involved than that.

Comment

That is very true as well! In general, it was played to that regard. But I also did notice some poor editing there as well, with Teyla's tears suddenly magically disappearing and reappearing and in John's hand suddenly magically being in the air again. It looked like a poor cut, IMO. But overall, definitely, Joe played that scene perfectly for what's been established for his character.

Comment

You do actually see it twice, from two slightly different angles. And yes, it does make what would have been a good moment otherwise look a bit silly. He puts his hand on her back. Cut away. We see him perform the exact same movement again.

I do agree about the Shep/uncomfortable thing though. But I don't think they needed to use the same bit twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

That's it though, you saw it, I didn't. I saw two friends hugging because they'd lost someone close at the hands (techically) of one of their own. SO, the hug, I can understand as a comfort one, that's how I saw it, personally.

Go tell Falcon Horus, she'd appreciate it. Kate was her fave character.

ETA: never mind LC she's seen it.

I'm sorry, I'm just apparently making a big muck-up of everything as this was exactly the point I was trying to make. That it's all very subtle so that we really all do see these moments in different ways, friendship or otherwise. I only meant to address those that deny that the moments exist at all, not in how people interpret them. I too saw it as a comfort moment actually. I'm just going to crawl back into my hole now before I word something else completely wrong! LOL! Sorry.

Comment

I can sympathize with Sheppard not doing the whole feeling thing... I'm exactly the same. It's frellin' awkward.

Edit: I have the episode, and I'm staring at the file. Is it normal to be nervous? I mean, is it normal to be nervous to watch it?
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 October 2007, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X