This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    ALthough it's been answered elsewhere, iTunes inadvertently released Doppelganger instead of Adrift on iTunes as the former had the production number of 401. While iTunes isn't technically at fault - seems MGM(?) must be as JM said SciFi wasn't and there aren't many other players left. It's been a mess, really, as iTunes of course yanked Doppelganger, but not before who knows how many people downloaded it thinking it was Adrift (and while some were happy, others weren't, as they didn't know what was going on). And the iTunes download was for US residents, but appears to have crossed the border/ocean due to sharing I also noticed this morning while doing a quick google blog search that DG is now available on 'leechers' and torrents or whatever, so anybody with knowledge of how to use those systems will no doubt have seen it before "Lifeline" airs this week.

Interesting...Apple put DRM protection and on top of that people with legal apple accounts have exclusive rights. Other people cannot watch the itunes leaked version....

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      Interesting...Apple put DRM protection and on top of that people with legal apple accounts have exclusive rights. Other people cannot watch the itunes leaked version....
      I'm pretty sure tech-savvy people can get that DRM protection removed. And I did a google search and came up with absolutely nothing and I'm literally dying to see that episode even it's the one where I loose my fave character, never to return again.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
        Oh thank you for clarifying that! I'm sorry if I seem overly ardent on that point. As a Teyla fan, it bothers me to see some other posts mocking Teyla and saying that is her greatest fear.
        I really like your point. I have no idea where the show is going with the characters, Teyla's in particular.

IMO, her reaction to the Ronon comment, the beginning of her distress, was due to the intrusion and the mocking. Whatever Ronon thinks, and whatever may be ahead for Teyla, she is not actively dating or "hooked up" with Sheppard. Ronon's comment (in the dream) was crude.

She was having a one-on-one dinner with Sheppard, which she confirms. They showed a table set for two. Who knows why she invited him (in her dream) to the place she first saw him, to her tent (not his quarters, again in her dream) for a private dinner? Maybe she needed his input on some unfinished mission reports. Maybe she wanted to ask him if she could borrow his college football DVDs or the recipe for buttered popcorn. Either way, Ronon and his (in the dream) big mouth weren't supposed to be there. Whatever she wanted to discuss with Sheppard, it appears it was not Ronon's business to qualify or assess. It was between her and Sheppard.
        Last edited by expendable_crewman; 02 October 2007, 09:38 AM.

Comment

You know, I was wondering that as well!

Spoiler:
          A simple blood test would show she is pregnant, and I would think it would have been part of her overall exam in this case as well. I'm curious to see in future eps if this was an oversight, or if it means Teyla is not pregnant yet, or if we learn later that Keller finds out from this moment.

Interesting!
          Spoilers for general season 4 spoilers:

Spoiler:
          I doubt a routine blood test the team would have would include a test for detecting human chorionic gonadotropin! So that explains why her pregnancy wouldn't be discovered by way of routine blood testing!
          sigpic

Comment

You know, I was wondering that as well!

Spoiler:
            A simple blood test would show she is pregnant, and I would think it would have been part of her overall exam in this case as well. I'm curious to see in future eps if this was an oversight, or if it means Teyla is not pregnant yet, or if we learn later that Keller finds out from this moment.

Interesting!
            To the best of my knowledge,
            Spoiler:
            it would not be standard practice to test for pregnancy in each and every female patient, no matter what they came in for. And it's unlikely to be considered a probable factor in symptoms involving nightmares and lack of sleep. I guess if her condition were serious and they were doing a full work-up they would check that but, at this stage, this seemed fairly innocuous. And I'm sure if the medication Keller was giving Teyla was in any way contra-indicated in pregnancy, she would have asked the standard questions of whether there was any possibility she might be...

Edit: As Linzi clarifies above, and as I don't think I explained as clearly as I wanted above,
            Spoiler:
            pregnancy is not something that would be revealed by standard blood tests.. it's pretty much something you have to test for specifically.
            sigpic

Comment

I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get this however I couldn't resist looking at this. From what I have read this seems to be a great ep. Can't wait.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                I wasn't one of the lucky ones to get this however I couldn't resist looking at this. From what I have read this seems to be a great ep. Can't wait.
                I was lucky enough to see it on iTunes, and I'm not going to review till it's aired, but, wow, was it fantastic. REALLY brilliant. I've watched it 7 times so far and it gets better every time!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                  I was lucky enough to see it on iTunes, and I'm not going to review till it's aired, but, wow, was it fantastic. REALLY brilliant. I've watched it 7 times so far and it gets better every time!
                  Ahhh, I could have gotten it from my sister but was trying to be strong and wait!! .. stupid me..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                    Ahhh, I could have gotten it from my sister but was trying to be strong and wait!! .. stupid me..
                    I didn't know about this recent blunder till it was too late.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      Wow, 7 times... I'll be glad to get through the one time. Though it may end up like Sunday which at first I thought I wouldn't be watching again and finally ended up watching it a lot more than once.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                        I really like your point. I have no idea where the show is going with the characters, Teyla's in particular.

IMO, her reaction to the Ronon comment, the beginning of her distress, was due to the intrusion and the mocking. Whatever Ronon thinks, and whatever may be ahead for Teyla, she is not actively dating or "hooked up" with Sheppard. Ronon's comment (in the dream) was crude.

She was having a one-on-one dinner with Sheppard, which she confirms. They showed a table set for two. Who knows why she invited him (in her dream) to the place she first saw him, to her tent (not his quarters, again in her dream) for a private dinner? Maybe she needed his input on some unfinished mission reports. Maybe she wanted to ask him if she could borrow his college football DVDs or the recipe for buttered popcorn. Either way, Ronon and his (in the dream) big mouth weren't supposed to be there. Whatever she wanted to discuss with Sheppard, it appears it was not Ronon's business to qualify or assess. It was between her and Sheppard.

Yes exactly! And this is why I believe the start of the early dreams were the person's normal dreams until the entity began to manipulate them.

Going back specifically to this moment in the dream for a minute, IMO, it's a tad convenient to focus soley on Teyla's response to Ronon and not the premise around the entire thing. To me, that is taking it out of context. I see more precedence focusing on the situation rather than the one line.

* This scene is a parallel to the one in Sunday when Ronon asks John about Teyla and John repsonds with a classic defensive denial response. This scene was argued, but settled when Gero commented in Sunday's commentary that this scene was one of three used to show the John and Teyla relationshp. How you want to interpret that relationship is open to personal interpretation, but it can't be denied that in fact, their relationship, is the point and the focus. This dream sequence is now showing a reversed parallel with the same results. Same song, second verse.

*Only a few minutes after this scene, we ironically have Rondey commenting on a his own dream that starts out remarkably similar...a private dinner...in which Teyla's first and immediate response was that it's not something he should share. The implications there are obvious.

*And further yet, we have Kate supporting Teyla's dream as being about her relationship with John, "If you feel there is something real between you and Col. Sheppard, then it's something you need to address..."

Whether you believe that the dream started out normally or that the entity began the manipulations when he clearly made his presence known in the dream does not negate the opening sequence to Teyla's dream and the clues to it's purpose. I for one, find it illogical to state that the purpose of this moment was to show Teyla's fear of Ronon misunderstanding her relationship with John. Her fear is not that Ronon thinks she's involved with someone. Her insecurities are clearly being centered around her feelings for John, not what Ronon thinks. I can even accept the argument that she wonders what the others would think if she were in a relationship, but I cannot accept that she fears others thinking they are already involved. There is no support to that being the point of the scene and is simply taking one line conveniently out of context, the same as some tried to do with the similar scene in Sunday. The point is her relationship with John, whatever it may be, and her insecurities and feelings around it. This is what the overall precedence shows.
                        What it means for their future relationship, I too have no idea, nor is this the thread the place to debate about it. But their relationship and what will happen next was for me, very clearly the point of that part of her dream.
                        Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

I shall (you'll be pleased to hear) retain the squee for the whump thread. But I wanted to get my thoughts down as they were fresh incase I forgot vital bits *cough*yeahright*cough* Okay, so I went off on one again. Can you blame me? i've been waiting for this ep for months...

It started off for me, with some really nice banter between the team. We don't get to see them interact and feel that comfortable with each other often, so that the banter flows as naturally as it did in this ep. Suffice to say there were quite a few times where it felt like they'd completed bonded, and that they trusted each other implicitly. But there were other times *waits for the tomatoes* with Doc K and Carter that it felt a bit... *ducks* awkward. Whether this was because we hadn't seen the previous ep or not, i'm not sure to be honest. For me, certain parts just felt different and I can't put my finger on why. It could very well be the adjustment period, and in all fairness the more times I watched, the more comfortable I became with the new faces. I think tbh I need to watch the integration scenes and see them settling in to give me a better perspective.

The team itself felt like a comfy old slipper, nothing felt different or awkward with them and they seemed to interact really well with Doc K and Carter (apart from Ronon). Will eplain more later.

I loved the darkness, and the subtle feel of the episode and could feel the anguish and hurt they were feeling over their own. That made my heart melt.

The great thing was, we got to see a snippet of what the teams fear was;

For Ronon being alone, maybe remiss of his Runner days, now that he's finally found a place to call home? And the bit where he was getting
                          Spoiler:
                          buried
                          made me think back to what he said in 'The Ark' about feeling claustrophic. I loved that he and Shep sparred late at night and shep finally got the upper hand... now we just need to see them fight again on screen.

For Keller. I don't really know the character that well, so the 'losing the patient, and not knowing what to do' is probably what most doctors feel. I don't think her fears really made me warm to the character or see her beyond her doctoring. But I like that she's quite quirky and feels comfortable with the team. Hopefully that will help me as a viewer warm to her more. (Still not there yet) But, I like what I see so far, I just need to see her in action a bit more, I think.

Carter! Hmmm. I've always loved Sam in SG1, but with her on SGA in this ep, didn't quite sit right with me straight away. Her character felt different to the Sam that i've known over the years. I guess again for me I need to see her 'take over' and settling in before I make up my mind. She seems to have good chemistry with McKay (no surprise there) and with Shep (no not like that. ) I like that Ronon doesn't quite trust her yet. And there was one scene in particular that stood out for me (in the observation room) and Ronon gave her a really intense look. Which is nice. I think for him to trust her immediately would be out of character. And I think it'll take a while for her to gain his trust, which is good imo.

Teyla had some really nice moments in this with Doc K&H and that was nice she had a bigger part. I know some are talking about the ship between her and Shep, but honestly for me, it was, you see what you want to see. I saw two friends who needed a hug after a tragedy, and besides I always hug my co-workers and they hug me, so shippyness, not so much for me. I really enjoyed that she was ticked off with Shep at the beginning, because let's face it, when you have dreams about co-workers and they've pissed you off in your dreams, you are quite frosty with them the next day, aren't you? Anyone? Anyone? *looks around for support* So for me that was very believable.

As for McKay and Shep! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Okay I know I promised not to do that, but come on, I dare your toes not to have curled. I thoroughly enjoyed all their scenes together and what I loved the most was Rodney's "I'm really screwed up!" *sniff* I loved the little look Shep gave Ronon right at the beginning (blink and you'll miss it) to drag McKay back to Atlantis.

But what stole the show for me was Shep and Evil Shep The whump, the snideyness from Evil Shep, the angst, the look in evil Shep's eyes... made me want to smack him upside the head and for our Shep to kick his ass. That's always a great sign when a character can bring out those emotions in you. And JF was fantastic in this. It wasn't overplayed, it was just perfect! What packed a punch for me was not the whump!! I know... i'm a bad whumper. But when he got told about Rodney, *sniff* that broke my heart. The way his body posture was, the little expressions, and then the sneer came from Evil Shep and all his pent up frustraitions went into overdrive. Those last 15 minutes had the most impact for me. And it was so nice seeing everyone sitting together at the end doing more bonding. The only downside personally was, we needed more blood and chest peekage.
                          Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 02 October 2007, 02:18 PM. Reason: A few mistakes, but then i've been working a 12 hour shift, so the brain is a teensy bit fried. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                            I shall (you'll be pleased to hear) retain the squee for the whump thread. But I wanted to get my thoughts down as they were fresh incase I forgot vital bits *cough*yeahright*cough* Okay, so I went off on one again. Can you blame me, i've been waiting for this ep for months...

It started off for me, with some really nice banter between the team. We don't get to see them interact and feel that comfortable with each other so that the bater flows naturally. Suffice to say there were quite a few times where it felt like they'd completed bonded, and that they trusted each other implicitly. But there were other times *waits for the tomatoes* with Doc K and Carter that it felt a bit... *ducks* awkward. Whether this was because we hadn't seen the previous ep or not i'm ot sure to be honest. For me certain parts just felt different and I can't put my finger on why. It could very well be the adjustment period, and in all fairness the more times I watched, the more comfortable I became with the new faces. I think tbh I need to watch the integration scenes and see them settling in to give me a better perspective.

The team itself felt like a comfy old slipper, nothing felt different or awkward with them and they seemed to interact really well with Doc K and Carter (apart from Ronon). Will eplain more later.

I loved the darkness, and the subtle feel of the episode and could feel the anguish and hurt they were feeling over their own. That made my heart melt.

For Ronon being alone, maybe remiss of his Runner days, now that he's finally found a place to call home? And the bit where he was getting
                            Spoiler:
                            buried
                            made me think back to what he said in 'The Ark' about feeling claustrophic. I loved that he and Shep sparred late at night and shep finally got the upper hand... now we just need to see them fight again on screen.

For Keller. I don't really know the character that well, so the 'losing the patient, and not knowing what to do' is probably what most doctors feel. I don't think her fears really made me warm to the character or see her beyond her doctoring. But I like that she's quite quirky and feels comfortable with the team. Hopefully that will help me as a viewer warm to her more. (Still not there yet) But I like what I see so far, I just need to see her in action a bit more, I think.

Carter! Hmmm. I've always loved Sam in SG1, but with her on SGA in this ep, didn't quite sit right with me straight away. Her character felt different to the Sam that i've known over the years. I guess again for me I need to see her 'take over' and settling in before I make up my mind. She seems to have good chemistry with McKay (no surprise there) and with Shep (no not like that. ) I like that Ronon doesn't quite trust her yet. And there was one scene in particular that stood out for me (in the observation room) and Ronon gave her a really intense look. Which is nice. I think for him to trust her immediately would be out of character. And I think it'll take a while for her to gain his trust, which is good imo.

Teyla had some really nice moments in this with Doc K&H and that was nice she had a bigger part. I know some are talking about the ship between her and Shep, but honestly for me, it was you see what you want to see. I saw two friends who needed a hug after a tragedy, and besides I always hug my co-workers and they hug me, so shippyness, not so much for me. I really enjoyed that she was ticked off with Shep at the beginning, because let's face it, when you ave dreams about co-workers and they've pissed you off in your dreams, you are quite frosty with them the next day, aren't you? Anyone? Anyone? *looks around for support* So for me that was very believable.

As for McKay and Shep! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Okay I know I peomised not to do that, but come on, I dare your toes not to have curled I thoroughly enjoyed all their scenes together and what I loved the most was Rodney's "I'm really screwed up!" *sniff* I loved the little look Shep gave Ronon right at the beginning (blink and you'll miss it) to drag McKay back to Atlantis.

But what stole the show for me was Shep and Evil Shep The whump, the snideyness from Evil Shep, the angst, the look in evil Shep's eyes... made me want to smack him upside the head and for our Shep to kick his ass. That's always a great sign when a character can bring out those emotions in you. And JF was fantastic in this. It wasn't overplayed, it was just perfect! What packed a punch for me was not the whump!! I know... i'm a bad whumper. But when he got told about Rodney, *sniff* that broke my heart. The way his body posture was, the little expressions, and then the sneer came from Evil Shep and all his pent up frustraitions went into overdrive. Those last 15 minutes had the most impact for me. And it was so nice seeing everyone sitting together at the end doing more bonding. The only downside personally was, we needed more blood and chest peekage.

...are you a novelist dear? It took ages to go through the whole thing

*huggies or pampers *

*heee heee heee, I am so funnneeeey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              To the best of my knowledge,
                              Spoiler:
                              it would not be standard practice to test for pregnancy in each and every female patient, no matter what they came in for. And it's unlikely to be considered a probable factor in symptoms involving nightmares and lack of sleep. I guess if her condition were serious and they were doing a full work-up they would check that but, at this stage, this seemed fairly innocuous. And I'm sure if the medication Keller was giving Teyla was in any way contra-indicated in pregnancy, she would have asked the standard questions of whether there was any possibility she might be...

Edit: As Linzi clarifies above, and as I don't think I explained as clearly as I wanted above,
                              Spoiler:
                              pregnancy is not something that would be revealed by standard blood tests.. it's pretty much something you have to test for specifically.

Thanks for the clarification guys! A doctor, I clearly am not. Good to know though! Thanks!
                              Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                                I shall (you'll be pleased to hear) retain the squee for the whump thread. But I wanted to get my thoughts down as they were fresh incase I forgot vital bits *cough*yeahright*cough* Okay, so I went off on one again. Can you blame me, i've been waiting for this ep for months...

It started off for me, with some really nice banter between the team. We don't get to see them interact and feel that comfortable with each other so that the bater flows naturally. Suffice to say there were quite a few times where it felt like they'd completed bonded, and that they trusted each other implicitly. But there were other times *waits for the tomatoes* with Doc K and Carter that it felt a bit... *ducks* awkward. Whether this was because we hadn't seen the previous ep or not i'm ot sure to be honest. For me certain parts just felt different and I can't put my finger on why. It could very well be the adjustment period, and in all fairness the more times I watched, the more comfortable I became with the new faces. I think tbh I need to watch the integration scenes and see them settling in to give me a better perspective.

Spoiler:
                                buried

For Keller. I don't really know the character that well, so the 'losing the patient, and not knowing what to do' is probably what most doctors feel. I don't think her fears really made me warm to the character or see her beyond her doctoring. But I like that she's quite quirky and feels comfortable with the team. Hopefully that will help me as a viewer warm to her more. (Still not there yet) But I like what I see so far, I just need to see her in action a bit more, I think.

Teyla had some really nice moments in this with Doc K&H and that was nice she had a bigger part. I know some are talking about the ship between her and Shep, but honestly for me, it was you see what you want to see. I saw two friends who needed a hug after a tragedy, and besides I always hug my co-workers and they hug me, so shippyness, not so much for me. I really enjoyed that she was ticked off with Shep at the beginning, because let's face it, when you ave dreams about co-workers and they've pissed you off in your dreams, you are quite frosty with them the next day, aren't you? Anyone? Anyone? *looks around for support* So for me that was very believable.

As for McKay and Shep! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Okay I know I peomised not to do that, but come on, I dare your toes not to have curled I thoroughly enjoyed all their scenes together and what I loved the most was Rodney's "I'm really screwed up!" *sniff* I loved the little look Shep gave Ronon right at the beginning (blink and you'll miss it) to drag McKay back to Atlantis.

Thanks for your POV! Nice to know that not everybody feels like they got hit over the head with J/T.

But I thought you couldn't see DG until it aired? You were very sad, as I recall. . .
                                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Working...
                                X