This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Era Yachi View Post
    Stupid, random question that...(wait, double-checking...nope, I dunno) might have been asked already. I'm not a normal ITunes user. But I'm assuming, as with most matters in life...you have to live in the US to buy this episode, right? 'Cause I'd love to watch it and join in the speculation...only...I'm Canadian.

Dang it.

I'd pay anything to see this episode...sigh...
    Judging from some people's posts, I gather that only U.S. people are allowed to download SGA from iTunes (or maybe canada, too) so how do people who obviously live in the UK (judging from the info they give here and elsewhere) download from iTunes to see this episode??

I would'nt mind seeing it myself, but will end up waiting with the rest of fandom for the official release on SciFi. iTunes' release wasn't official; it was a mistake. I only hope someone at MGM does somthing about it or else we'll be seeing "The Last Man" in January before the rest of season 4 airs

Comment

There are ways...got any US iTunes gift cards lying around?
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Judging from some people's posts, I gather that only U.S. people are allowed to download SGA from iTunes (or maybe canada, too) so how do people who obviously live in the UK (judging from the info they give here and elsewhere) download from iTunes to see this episode??
        The astounding generosity.. not to mention trust.. of very lovely people in the US.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          The astounding generosity.. not to mention trust.. of very lovely people in the US.

Er, I suppose. I know for a hard, cold...money-eating...fact that the episode can't be downloaded from the Canada ITunes store. Unless someone (COUGH) like a very, kind, generous (COUGH. COUGH!!!) US citizen does something to help us, the (COUGH) lonely, left-out Canadian crowd....

I think I'll have an aneurysm if I don't see this eppy soon. *headdesk*
          Last edited by Era Yachi; 01 October 2007, 06:28 AM. Reason: No reason! Weeee!
          sigpic

The best crossover ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Era Yachi View Post
            I think I'll have an aneurysm if I don't see this eppy soon. *headdesk*
            I'm with you there

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. I would like to see it too!

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Have you seen this?
              http://rs3.rapidshare.com/files/5071...deo_aot_01.rar

We spoke about this video in "Ark of Truth" thread, but if you watch at 00:53-00:58, there is a new flying Atlantis animation. I think it will be in Adrift.
              Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I fear that someone will make suicide and will fall down from the balcon
              Spoiler:
              (Doppelganger nightmares?)
              , but it seems that the view is from a puddler jumper and there is space in the background.
              It seems I've figured out this death scene weeks ago.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                Either way, this was a fantastic episode. Killing Heightmeyer off was, well, whatever. Did it have to be her, no, but it did add a little more depth since Teyla has relied on her before a few times and maybe that was the point more than anything.

For as much footage of this episode was used in promo vids, the plot surprised me. It didn't unravel quite like I had expected and that was kind of cool. Instead of it actually basing itself in Sheppard like I had figured, it was going from one person to the next. Interesting.
                I think Teyla really shined in this ep. RL got to show so many emotions. I didn't dislike Heightmeyer, but we saw her so rarely that her loss won't affect me much (no offense Falcon!) although I was sad to see another character die (at least we know what happened to her - others just disappear).

I had the opposite reaction to the promo vids. Other than Kate's dream, I had seen every one of some vid or another so there was no surprise for me (well, OK, the blood spurts during Keller's were).

Originally posted by jmatheney View Post
                I really enjoyed the episode as well.... Unfortunately, I was attempting to download Adrift from iTunes and was really looking forward to seeing the season premier. I guess I should explain, I don't have a television because of my kids so I rely on either Unbox or iTunes to watch Atlantis. Well Unbox doesn't have it and iTunes got it wrong....
                But on a side note. Doppelganger was a great episode! I love the clown in the boat. That was hilarious! Especially if you remember last season J Sheppard talking about how much he hated them.
                I always took that line about clowns as a joke. Now I'd love to know why he's scared of them.

Originally posted by Susnn View Post
                I really enjoyed this episode. JF really showed his acting chops on this one and DH was right there too. AT handled Carter's role beautifully. She was focused on the problem and not on her position. She truly did provide support as opposed to taking over as promised. Nice. The scene where Rodney thanks Sheppard "for trying" was very well handled by both actors. The one scene that did seem a little odd to me is that Rodney passed up a chance to snark at Sheppard for his answer of "42" when Rodney asked if he knew how many worlds were in the database without comment. What? McKay never read Hitchhiker's Guide? Nice to know Sheppard reads the classics. :-)
                I feel deprived. I've never read that book and totally didn't get the joke.

The most interesting thing to me was to see what our team was really afraid of.
                Teyla - Ronon misinterpreting her relationship with Sheppard and bug Sheppard attacking her (again)
                Keller - not being able to save a patient
                Ronon - being alone (this one surprised me - I thought it would have been not being able to save someone or fighting the Wraith) and Sheppard betraying him
                Lorne - replicators
                Heightmeyer - heights (oh, the irony)
                McKay - on his own, separated from Atlantis and only being able to save himself with physical strength (also scared of whales)
                Sheppard - clowns (!), not being able to protect his people, being alone

This ep has some really great moments. Ronon pulling McKay by the vest off the planet is hilarious as is McKay's idea of a nightmare is lemon chicken and Zelenka getting promoted. I thought our main 4 were exceptional, but especially JF. His reaction alone to watching McKay die is worth watching the ep. And evil Shep! Oh my. The ending scene is well done also.

I did find it a bit jarring to go from Adrift to Doppleganger without the transition of Lifeline and Reunion.

Is it just me or are we seeing a softer side to Ronon this year? First his thank you to Weir in Adrift and now his reaction to Keller when he wakes up from his nightmare and his teasing of McKay. Even his confusion to Carter and Sheppard's conversation about entering dreams.

I liked the teaminess in the ep - Teyla telling Rodney and Ronon her dream, Ronon teasing McKay, Rodney openly sharing about his childhood (even if it was embarrassing), Teyla telling John he did not have to be the one to enter Rodney's dreams, Rodney warning Sheppard about how messed up he was and thanking him in advance, Sheppard's devastation at McKay's "death" and his reaction as the others blame him, McKay going back to save Sheppard. *sigh* Team Love!
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                  I think Teyla really shined in this ep. RL got to show so many emotions. I didn't dislike Heightmeyer, but we saw her so rarely that her loss won't affect me much (no offense Falcon!) although I was sad to see another character die (at least we know what happened to her - others just disappear).
                  None taken. Everybody has its likes and dislikes.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Okay, Ruffles? Get out of my brain!
                    sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a summary they'd like to post, please?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        I'm working on one. But I'm distracted by the fact that I finally got Adrift!
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          Okay, Ruffles? Get out of my brain!
                          Oh, I don't know. Kinda like it here.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          I posted this on the whump thread the other night. It's fairly detailed so don't click if you don't want to know.

Spoiler:
                          Sheppard touches the crystal. Keller can't find anything wrong with him. He pats Teyla on the back. She dreams she is on Athos. The team is there, and she hears darts and someone calling for her (her father). When she opens the tent flap, Conversion Sheppard enters. He knocks her down on the table and starts to feed and she wakes up. She goes to see Keller.

The entity spreads by touch. Keller dreams she is called in the middle of the night for a medical emergency. It's Teyla with abdominal pain. A creepy bug explodes out of Teyla's stomach, killing her (this is Keller's dream) with Sheppard watching.

Keller gets drugs from the infirmary and Ronon enters. John got in a good hit sparring and Ronon needs stitches. He falls asleep and dreams he is alone in Atlantis. He runs through the halls looking for someone when doors slide open revealing a forest. He starts running from Wraith stunner shots (no Wraith, just the blue flashes) when he sees Sheppard who knocks him unconscious. When he wakes up, Shep is burying him alive. He really wakes up in the infirmary with Keller stitching his head.

Then lots of talk while they figure out what's going on. Lorne sleepwalks with the entity in him - holds Sheppard at gunpoint thinking he's a replicator. They determine the entity is travelling through the conduits. It winds up in Heightmeyer who falls from the balcony in her dream. She dies. Really dies. (Falcon Horus is really going to be pissed) The clip of Teyla hugging Sheppard is in response to that. Warning: lots of SG-1 references in this.

They eventually determine how to track the entity, finding it in McKay whom they put in a rubber room so the entity can't escape. Sheppard volunteers to help McKay survive the dream (more SG-1 stuff). McKay is rowing a boat in the ocean trying to get to Atlantis. He knows Sheppard is hooked up to help him and doesn't realize the one in the boat taunting him is evil Shep. Our Shep is in the back encouraging him and then sits next to him to help him row. (Wait til you see the clown in the back of the boat. Guess Shep really is scared of them)

A giant fish (think massive Jaws) swallows the boat and Sheppard awakens in the infirmary to find Keller shocking McKay's heart. But she can't save him and pronounces him dead. Several vulnerable John shots and then Teyla, Ronon, Keller, and Carter show up to blame him for what happens (Colonel, you are relieved of duty). He sees evil Shep, and the beat down begins. Woo, boy what a beat down.

McKay wakes up in the infirmary after Keller really shocks his heart. The entity has transferred to Sheppard and he asks to be sent back in. It responds to electric shock (Peg - you genius), and McKay gets the entity away from Sheppard (You can't win. Yes, I can.) After he gets shocked a couple of times, our Shep tosses him through the open wormhole (it gets sucked back into the crystal).

They take it back to the planet they found it and leave. It ends with our team, Keller and Carter at a mess hall table on the balcony in the middle of the night.

KD - have I ever told you how much I like your sig?
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana
                          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Mmm...I think I can handle the episode a little better now. Probably not but hey... I have reason to be pissed off, sad, disappointed and angry at the same time. Though I prefer my numbness at the moment. I like my happy place.

Thanks for the summary, Ruffles.

Especially that creepy Keller-dream thing is gonna freak me out...me thinks. I don't like things popping out of human people.

I should start collecting those tissues...
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, thanks a bunch for the summary, Ruffles. How would you rate the overall episode?

Comment

Ergh...that summary just made me want to watch the episode even more. Curse you, infernal Canadian contraption!! *beats her own computer to death using a toothbrush*
                                sigpic

The best crossover ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X