Weir in Adrift and Lifeline (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    TPTB's wouldn't have referenced her situation to Ford if they weren't planning on doing the exact same stunt.
    Ford's situation wasn't a stunt, it was a backdoor they could use to bring back the character if they wanted, so far it seems they don't want to

Which contradicts what JM said about Weir only being in the first half of the season, and 411 is the second half.
    Mallozzi has always been very vague about what episodes Weir has been in, he's never definitively stated what episodes she is in, as far as I know

But from Mallozzi's point of view episode 11 is in the first part, since episode 10 and 11 were filmed together...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
      Ford's situation wasn't a stunt, it was a backdoor they could use to bring back the character if they wanted, so far it seems they don't want to
      Which means the backdoor is locked.

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
      But from Mallozzi's point of view episode 11 is in the first part, since episode 10 and 11 were filmed together...
      Mmmm...then it is possible. I rest my case.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Seriously i thought it was nice and neat how they got rid of weir... how they got rid of weir was pretty cool too
        i do have to agree with some you guys how the emotion was running a bit thin in the end... i mean they werent even crying and weeping about the loss of weir...

Cant wait UNTIL the actually one is released... man the Asurans ship is pretty cool
        check them out!
        Spoiler:

Comment

Is it just me, or does that ship look like a pen?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Is it just me, or does that ship look like a pen?
            Haha, I was just thinking that. And the front end looks kinda... dumb, to be honest. I thought it was a deformed jumper at first brush.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Which contradicts what JM said about Weir only being in the first half of the season, and 411 is the second half.
              Not true. JM said that she is in 4 episodes in the first half, and that's far as it goes. He has purposely avoided answering 1). which 4 episodes they are (although we already know 3), and 2). what's happening to Weir in the second half. Of those questions we have NO answers.

Comment

i have to agree with what most here has already stated it was a good send off and left the door open for her to return and with an interesting arc. it also gave me a new appreciation for the character that i didn't have before.

i also think the emotions were running high and just enough crying would have been out of place and out of character. these people have seen death come for too many and too often to break down in tears especially ronon and teyla.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Not true. JM said that she is in 4 episodes in the first half, and that's far as it goes. He has purposely avoided answering 1). which 4 episodes they are (although we already know 3), and 2). what's happening to Weir in the second half. Of those questions we have NO answers.
                  Exactly which means she could return. Mabey will get this episode "Stargate Atlantis: Revenge of the Weirs".
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    Mabey will get this episode "Stargate Atlantis: Revenge of the Weirs".
                    Actually, I think we're getting that right here, right now.

Comment

Let me just say that I absolutely loved this storyline. This is the kind of story that I would have killed to see for Weir in the past. The part that's so frustrating is knowing that we're really not going to see much of it at all. Why is it that they finally prove they can do something cool with Weir as they shove her out the door?
                      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                        Let me just say that I absolutely loved this storyline. This is the kind of story that I would have killed to see for Weir in the past. The part that's so frustrating is knowing that we're really not going to see much of it at all. Why is it that they finally prove they can do something cool with Weir as they shove her out the door?
                        I think this storyline for Weir has to mean she won't be around as much. If Rodney found a way to deactivate the nanites and get Weir healed, then she'd be back to the same charaacter as before, and clearly, for whatever reason TPTB had, they didn't want that, which is why Weir has been reduced in the first place, I suppose. She couldn't be in charge of Atlantis in her current state, or even be a member of the team because the IOA would deem her a security risk. I think as a recurring character, there is the potential for Torri to get her teeth into some great stuff, while also having a good arc running through the series. I do see your frustration though and sympathise
                        sigpic

Comment

IMO, the first two episodes have some of Tori's best work in the series.

Never was a big fan of the character, or of Tori's interpretation of her, but the first two episode arc are as much about her as anything.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                            Ah, that question begs an answer, one we'll never get

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Ah, that question begs an answer, one we'll never get
                              She'll be more interesting as a recurring character with a back-story than a regular character that does nothing but say good luck to people leaving through the Stargate.
                              My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                                She'll be more interesting as a recurring character with a back-story than a regular character that does nothing but say good luck to people leaving through the Stargate.

Weir is not the momma any more and that is a good sign. Too bad they gave her a good part now when she got the boot .

Comment

Working...
                                X