Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... does this mean Elizabeth won't show up in season 4 any more?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Whooooaaaa...back up there. What? When did he say 3? I thought he said "4 episodes" from the very beginning?
    What I remember is they contracted her episode by episode. Seems like it started at 2, then they said it was undetermined how many more she would be in, and eventually they landed at four.

I can't swear to this by any means. PG15 Someone will have to go through JM's blog to find the answer.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Whooooaaaa...back up there. What? When did he say 3? I thought he said "4 episodes" from the very beginning?

Are we suffering from selective memory?
      sigpic

Comment

No, just a bad one.

Thanks!
        Last edited by PG15; 15 January 2008, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post

Are we suffering from selective memory?
          Well that makes her chances to return go up even more since it was added later.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Well that makes her chances to return go up even more since it was added later.
            Yeah, that's actually a good sign. It sounds like the intention was to keep her dead at the end of TMC, but something changed their minds.

Hopefully the pitch JM made to Torri happened later on--imagine if the MGM interview happened before the pitch to be in BAMSR. That would explain a lot.

Of course, all of this is speculation and we're going round and round in circles. I just wish someone would confirm something.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              Yeah, that's actually a good sign. It sounds like the intention was to keep her dead at the end of TMC, but something changed their minds.

Hopefully the pitch JM made to Torri happened later on--imagine if the MGM interview happened before the pitch to be in BAMSR. That would explain a lot.

Of course, all of this is speculation and we're going round and round in circles. I just wish someone would confirm something.
              That interview with MGM I think happened before the 5th season pickup.
              sigpic

Comment

That interview with MGM I think happened before the 5th season pickup.
                Yeah, we just don't know for certain. Torri filmed TMC in May, which is when MGM was present to shoot their 'behind the scenes' stuff, so it could have been then. S5 pickup occurred after Doppelganger came out in October, so there's a huge stretch of time when it could have been conducted.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                  I am not a "casual viewer" of SGA. If I were, I would think that the 10 second cameo at the end of BAMSR with no follow-up on it for the remainder of the season would be confusing and frustrating. As a casual viewer, with no knowledge of all the cast decisions, or producer's blogs, etc, I would expect to see some sort of continuation of the bombshell we got at the end of BAMSR.
                  Exactly. Imagine being a casual viewer watching BAMSR and going "Whoa! evil!Weir?" and expecting to see them follow it up because, hey, new character development and yay, ELizabeth's back!

And then they keep waiting... and waiting... and waiting. If she doesn't show up again for the rest of the season, at the earliest, it will have been 8-9 months inbetween BAMSR and the season premiere of season 5! The casual viewers will be "WTF?!?!?!?!?!".

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  well no, because all episodes that had been filmed were aired, the show got to give itself a final episode and the production wasn't cancelled - there's 2 movies and quite possibly more to come.

and we're talking about a tv show that lasted 10 years here. whats the average lifespan of a show? significantly less than 10 years i'd wager.
                  It's still called "being cancelled". "Not being renewed" means that there's a possibility for a return, either on the same network or on another. Being cancelled means the show won't be returning for the forseeable future.

And last time I checked, the people who cancelled the show had nothing in the say of whether or not there are going to be movies. Why even bring that up?

Well I was upset about the reduced role, I never called it a removal, and since I've seen "BAMSR" it is a no brainer that she will most likely return. Even with Weir's "Reduced" role, I still think the show has been amazing this season. Don't take my word for it, look at the numbers/viewers, they keep going up from the premiere.
                  In the eyes of anyone not on a Stargate board like this one, it was. Remember Ford? How he became a hybrid and ran off? And then he re-appeared for a few episodes and then has never been heard from again? Yeah, casual fans will remember that and go "We haven't seen Elizabeth for a good 7 episodes now...". And then they see her again and then she doesn't appear for the rest of the season. They're not gonna know she's returning for season 5 and they will be pissed.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  sorry but that won't happen dude. we know she doesn't want to be a regular again and to be honest imo it'd make no sense whatsoever to bring her back full time
                  I must've stayed out of the loop waaaay too long. I don't ever remembering Torri saying she doesn't want to be a regular again.

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                  I never said that it was proven that Weir was alive. It's not a hint. Hints allude to facts. Weir's death is not fact, it's speculation at this point. Had BAMSR not have shown Weir, then yes, I would have considered it to be more than speculation. At this point, we don't know. But I doubt that BAMSR Weir is another clone.
                  (and the many posts in which Ltcolshepjumper defines the word "hint")
                  I present to thee: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hint

Yes, it has been hinted at that Elizabeth could very possibly be dead. Or must I pull out other dictionaries? In no way is the word "hint" defined as "must have a basis in fact and in no way be speculation or untrue". I can hint at how gay Zac Efron is... doesn't mean it wouldn't be speculation.

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                  FACT. She was seen at the end of BAMSR.
                  Fact, she was seen speaking in an entirely out-of-character manner at the end of BAMSR. A clone of her had just died the episode before sacrificing herself after hearing about the real!Weir's untimely demise.

Fact: We know nothing. Stop throwing the word "fact" around. You know what? Fact: We saw Carson blow up. That must mean the "new Carson" can't possibly be the real one, can it?

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  It's not been proven that she's dead. It's not been proven that she's alive. It could go either way at this point. Some people might believe she's dead, some people might believe she's alive, but there's not enough proof for either side to back up their claims. We just have to wait until S5.
                  No one has claimed it's been proven she's dead. Some, however, have claimed it's been proven she's alive.

It's possible that the actual fact is that Weir is alive. this started because Jenks assumed by my post that I dismissed the possibility that our Weir was dead. Which I proceeded to clarify before you entered the discussion.
                  No such assumption was made. We question your definition of "hint", however since it's quite tiresome when people reinvent the English language to suit their own means.

Yeah, you did. you said that is was a fact that Weir's clone was still alive. Which it isn't.
                  No they didn't. Quote or it didn't happen.

Now I shall leave this topic (the "Is that the real Weir or not? What does the word "hint" mean?"). I'll leave my already written responses in because at least they're 100% civil. My closing argument is: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hint

By the way: I personally think that's the real Elizabeth at the end of "Be All My Sins Remember". She's either been turned evil by nanites or she's got some kind of super-plan to destroy the Wraith or she's gone mad. If that's not the real Elizabeth, then I believe the real Elizabeth is still alive somewhere. That's just what I believe and I will in no way claim my speculations are fact.

Comment

I'm not sure she's been turned evil...

Every person has the ability to be evil. It just seems that with the Nanite's Ancient programmed rage, Elizabeth has fallen to the dark side. Score another point for the high-and-mighty ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      I must've stayed out of the loop waaaay too long. I don't ever remembering Torri saying she doesn't want to be a regular again.
                      She did. She said she's only wanting to do 2 or 3 episodes. That she didn't want to come back as a regular if she's only going to be doing the same thing as she did in S3.

Just want to say that the mods came in yesterday and deleted a slew of posts so there may be posts that may or may not back up a point that were here, but are no longer.

JM has said that even amongst them depending on who you ask Weir may or may not be dead. So if they don't know yet, there's no way WE know anything.

JM has also said that BAMSR was her last episode for S4.
                      Last edited by Suzotchka; 16 January 2008, 08:51 AM.

Comment

She did. She said she's only do 2 or 3 episodes. That she didn't want to come back as a regular if she's only going to be doing the same thing as she did in S3.

JM has said that even amongst them depending on who you ask Weir may or may not be dead. So if they don't know yet, there's no way WE know anything.
                        On that point, the actual article where she says that is here: http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=44

It's the MGM article many of us refer to as we're wondering when it was conducted--it was published in December, but it could have been conducted months before. If Torri had been aware at the time of the interview of the potential S5 developments for her character, then based on what she said, chances are she'll probably return for a two-parter to wrap up the Weir storyline; if she didn't, they hadn't discussed it, or the producers have changed their minds about Weir and been able to change her mind, she may be in for longer. As to the 'real Weir' or not, I defer to the writers and producers on this one. JM asked in his post-TMC blog whether Repli!Keller was to be believed or not--and proceeded to answer 'it depended on which producer you asked'. The fact that the question is open in the minds of producers means its open in the minds of the writers and therefore will be answered sometime in the plot of S5.

I personally feel like I've been running in circles over this. I have hopes, but then I want to prepare for the reality, too, that she might not be back or may only be back for one or two eppies.
                        I'll be glad when Pegasus comes around and fans can at least get a pulse on how she feels, even if she can't answer specifically how many episodes she'll do.

Comment

At the end of BAMSR - the end credits. Torri was credited as playing "Dr. Elizabeth Weir."
                          No it didn't. It just said Torri Higginson.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

On that point, the actual article where she says that is here: http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=44
                            thanks for posting the link again
                            “I wouldn’t go back to do a regular thing, but I’m more than happy to go back to do one or two episodes,”
                            so I guess it's save to say we won't see much of her in s5
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              thanks for posting the link again so I guess it's save to say we won't see much of her in s5
                              You're welcome, but I don't think it's safe to say anything at this point. Until we have the actual statement from Joe, Paul, Martin, Torri and the rest as to what's up with Season 5, we won't know for sure.

Like I mentioned before, Michael Shanks' initial response to whether he'd be back after Meridian was "I don't think it's likely." It ended up being very likely, and the same could be true for Torri if the producers give her a storyline that changes her mind.

Comment

You're welcome, but I don't think it's safe to say anything at this point. Until we have the actual statement from Joe, Paul, Martin, Torri and the rest as to what's up with Season 5, we won't know for sure.

Like I mentioned before, Michael Shanks' initial response to whether he'd be back after Meridian was "I don't think it's likely." It ended up being very likely, and the same could be true for Torri if the producers give her a storyline that changes her mind.
                                yeah you're right but I still doubt it (just my opinion of course)
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X