Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... does this mean Elizabeth won't show up in season 4 any more?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    There is a difference between what it is feasible for a production to do and not. I didn't watch 9 and 10, they lost me back in season 6, so I can't tell you fans what wanted and not, but there is only so much that can be done with what you've got. Fans were not going to get Jack back, for example, because RDA wasn't interested in full-time.
    oh, most of the 'fixes' that people were complaining about would have been quite simple for them to do if they had wanted to. you could probably go read up the anti-s9/10 threads if you want find more. i myself didn't mind s9/10 at all.

But bringing back a character? If there's enough support, and the actor is willing, that's not very difficult
    but getting back to what were specifically talking about before - people were already protesting to get weir back before s4 had even aired. just as people complained about the changes for S6 and S9/10 before they aired. Would take criticism of an unrevealed product seriously? And when do you think BAMSR finished principal photography? I would guess that it would have been a fair ways after s4 started airing, so there's no way the fan reaction from the start of the season influenced the number of episodes that Torri appeared in.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
      Haha. OMG. You're too funny. Like being cancelled and not being renewed aren't the same thing. If you're not renewed, your production is cancelled.
      well no, because all episodes that had been filmed were aired, the show got to give itself a final episode and the production wasn't cancelled - there's 2 movies and quite possibly more to come.

and we're talking about a tv show that lasted 10 years here. whats the average lifespan of a show? significantly less than 10 years i'd wager.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
        I think so too. Remember how JM said that Torri was originally signed to 3 episodes and then suddenly there was a 4th one. Save Elizabeth Weir was formed in Jan of 2007 - and they hadn't filmed S4 yet.

I'd like to think that fan reaction had something to do with her coming back.
        I think it did. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by timtonruben359 View Post
        I think the BAMSR cameo was planned from the start. Joe M did say 4 episodes but then changed to it 3 to probably keep the cameo under wraps. It wasn't really until Torri's interview with Gateworld that we knew anything about a 4th episode.

It sucks that the writers would drop a bomb like Weir still being alive and then not following through with it until next year. I remember Martin Gero (sp) saying that they originally planned to revisit the Weir storyline late this season but for whatever reason they decided against it. I'm guessing either they decided to bring Carson back instead or Torri wasn't free.
        When and where did he say that? I don't remember that.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Actually no - it's not naive. JM kept saying Weir was in 3 episodes. But a lot of Weir fans KNEW ahead of his announcement of a 4th episode that Torri had already been signed to 4. And yes, I kept the text message and it's dated waaay before JM announced it on his blog.

But either way - filming of S4 did not start until after SEW was created. I had sent flowers to Torri when she was filming from Sew.com
          Originally posted by Celcool View Post
          I think it did. Just my opinion.

When and where did he say that? I don't remember that.
          Want my honest opinion? Torri has already signed up for next season. It had to be kept air tight so it would not spoil the last episode she was seen.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livingstone View Post
            A majority clearly was...
            Despite that being speculation, you're missing the point entirely. Everyone wasn't pissed off by Weirs removal, clearly.

Comment

fans started the "Save Weir" Campaign before season 3 ended...there was plenty of time to see the fan reaction before they started the next season.

*as far as sg-1 goes...season 8 was supposed to be the last. Then skiffy picked up two more seasons to get the record. tptb wanted to rename the show Stargate command because they knew it was a new show and really sg-1. skiffy said no*

back to SGA...fans were complaining back in early season 3 about how bad the writing had gotten and about bad eps like Irresponsible and shep's kirking every space chick.

tptb wanted to bring AT to SGA back in season 9 of sg-1. skiffy pressured them to bring over 1 cast member of sg-1 because skiffy is under the delusion that one cast member will make all of sg-1 fan base follow to sga.

either you liked it before AT came or not...it wouldn't bring more people and tptb could have easily incorporated Sam without having her take over the base or give TH the boot.

fans started getting PO'd when PM stated in his interview that tptb let his character go to. "Shake things up." and increase ratings. That was a marketing gimmick when PM ultimately paid the price in unemployment.

many fans see TH as the same deal now. Another marketing gimmick designed to get us all up in arms and to write campaign letters to corporate big shots because those campaigns puts their name in the eye of the corporate mongrels that renew their contracts.

tptb want to piss us off and have us send in letters because it gives them a better chance at getting their show renewed if we are causing a stir. It puts the name of the show on paper and in front of the faces of the people who influence their renewals. Granted...that's my conspiracy theory! And I have not seen another show pull the things SGA has.

I'm not even touch on ratings but I do wonder if a mini series as crappy as Tin Man could pull a 4 then why is SGA only hovering between 1 to 1.4? And that is the high end of the network.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Despite that being speculation, you're missing the point entirely. Everyone wasn't pissed off by Weirs removal, clearly.
                Well I was upset about the reduced role, I never called it a removal, and since I've seen "BAMSR" it is a no brainer that she will most likely return. Even with Weir's "Reduced" role, I still think the show has been amazing this season. Don't take my word for it, look at the numbers/viewers, they keep going up from the premiere.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Want my honest opinion? Torri has already signed up for next season. It had to be kept air tight so it would not spoil the last episode she was seen.
                  Brian I can't tell you how much I hope you are right!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    fans started the "Save Weir" Campaign before season 3 ended...there was plenty of time to see the fan reaction before they started the next season.

*as far as sg-1 goes...season 8 was supposed to be the last. Then skiffy picked up two more seasons to get the record. tptb wanted to rename the show Stargate command because they knew it was a new show and really sg-1. skiffy said no*

back to SGA...fans were complaining back in early season 3 about how bad the writing had gotten and about bad eps like Irresponsible and shep's kirking every space chick.

tptb wanted to bring AT to SGA back in season 9 of sg-1. skiffy pressured them to bring over 1 cast member of sg-1 because skiffy is under the delusion that one cast member will make all of sg-1 fan base follow to sga.

either you liked it before AT came or not...it wouldn't bring more people and tptb could have easily incorporated Sam without having her take over the base or give TH the boot.

fans started getting PO'd when PM stated in his interview that tptb let his character go to. "Shake things up." and increase ratings. That was a marketing gimmick when PM ultimately paid the price in unemployment.

many fans see TH as the same deal now. Another marketing gimmick designed to get us all up in arms and to write campaign letters to corporate big shots because those campaigns puts their name in the eye of the corporate mongrels that renew their contracts.

tptb want to piss us off and have us send in letters because it gives them a better chance at getting their show renewed if we are causing a stir. It puts the name of the show on paper and in front of the faces of the people who influence their renewals. Granted...that's my conspiracy theory! And I have not seen another show pull the things SGA has.

I'm not even touch on ratings but I do wonder if a mini series as crappy as Tin Man could pull a 4 then why is SGA only hovering between 1 to 1.4? And that is the high end of the network.
                    If the Kindred has break-through ratings, then the shake-up will have worked. BAMSR has a shot to score a 1.6 to 1.7 HH Rating! Last time it did that was like well over a year ago. As per Tin Man you cannot compare that to a show that pulls in consistant ratings on a week by week basis. Did you know they reaired Tin man, and it failed to even make the top 10? hmmmm. Where as old SG-1 and SGA eps have made the top 10 multiple times.

As I keep saying, keeping Weir on is a great creative and business decision.

You have to remember, it's mostly business. It all comes down to $$$! It sucks but we are at the network's mercy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Brian I can't tell you how much I hope you are right!
                      I just have this gut feeling. There is too much at stake not to have her come back. How many eps, well that is a tough one. I know people want her full-time, but that is going to be very hard for S5. Let's try and get over 5 eps for now. She has to be willing to do it, you know? If it's a good part then she'll bite.
                      sigpic

Comment

I just have this gut feeling. There is too much at stake not to have her come back.
                        I think she'll be back

How many eps, well that is a tough one. I know people want her full-time, but that is going to be very hard for S5.
                        sorry but that won't happen dude. we know she doesn't want to be a regular again and to be honest imo it'd make no sense whatsoever to bring her back full time

Let's try and get over 5 eps for now. She has to be willing to do it, you know? If it's a good part then she'll bite.
                        my guess is she wants to come back. however 5 eps are too much imo, that's a quarter of s5. I think it'll be 3 or 4 eps, just like this season
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm glad as long as they don't kill her off or hint to the possibility that she's dead (like they did with Ford).
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                            I'm glad as long as they don't kill her off or hint to the possibility that she's dead (like they did with Ford).
                            Spoiler:
                            KELLER: There’s no point in calling you anything else. You’re exactly like her in every way.
                            WEIR: Except that I’m not her.
                            KELLER: No. The real Elizabeth Weir was killed several months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              KELLER: There’s no point in calling you anything else. You’re exactly like her in every way.
                              WEIR: Except that I’m not her.
                              KELLER: No. The real Elizabeth Weir was killed several months ago.
                              That doesn't prove anything. She could have been like Obi-Wan in SW ep IV telling Luke that his father was dead.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                                That doesn't prove anything. She could have been like Obi-Wan in SW ep IV telling Luke that his father was dead.
                                dunno how you can say "like Ford then". It was said on screen by the repli!fakekeller that Real Weir was killed. About Ford it was said that Shep wouldn't be surprised if they ran into him again.

Comment

Working...
                                X