Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... does this mean Elizabeth won't show up in season 4 any more?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
    Hint- (v.)To indicate or make known in an indirect manner.

You don't make known speculation. Facts are made known. It could merely be a hint that the Weir we knew is effectively "dead". Look at my first post in reference to SW epIV. Same type of situation could occur here.
    hint /h?nt/
    –noun
    1. an indirect, covert, or helpful suggestion; clue: Give me a hint as to his identity.
    2. a very slight or hardly noticeable amount; soupçon: a hint of garlic in the salad dressing.
    3. perceived indication or suggestion; note; intimation: a hint of spring in the air.
    4. Obsolete. an occasion or opportunity.
    –verb (used with object)
    5. to give a hint of: gray skies hinting a possible snowfall.
    –verb (used without object)
    6. to make indirect suggestion or allusion; subtly imply (usually fol. by at): The article hinted at corruption in the mayor's office.

Oh, and I see you've conveniently ignored the word 'indicate' in your definition

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
      FACT. She was seen at the end of BAMSR.
      No. Torri was seen at the end of BAMSR, we don't know what character she's playing.

Comment

It's not been proven that she's dead. It's not been proven that she's alive. It could go either way at this point. Some people might believe she's dead, some people might believe she's alive, but there's not enough proof for either side to back up their claims. We just have to wait until S5.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Doesn't mean it is. I would infer that hints usually refer to information that is 70-80% correct. Not 50% probable.
          ah, so know we come down to a subjective definition of a hint. But it really doesn't matter what you believe a hint to be, because its possible that the actual fact is that Weir is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            That is not a fact. We know for a fact that something that resembles and appears to be Weir was in BAMSR. We also know that there is at least one replica of Weir running about (Nanite!Weir from TMC). We also know that the Asurans themselves are quite proficient at replicating someones appearance.
            We don't know that Nanite!Weir is alive. We don't knwo that one of the Asurans is so infatuated with Dr. Weir's appearance that he or she would imitate it. We do not know that the Weir in BAMSR is a replica.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

FACT. She was seen at the end of BAMSR.
              Torri Higginson != Elizabeth Weir

Comment

ah, so know we come down to a subjective definition of a hint. But it really doesn't matter what you believe a hint to be, because its possible that the actual fact is that Weir is dead.
                It's possible that the actual fact is that Weir is alive. this started because Jenks assumed by my post that I dismissed the possibility that our Weir was dead. Which I proceeded to clarify before you entered the discussion.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

We don't know that Nanite!Weir is alive. We don't knwo that one of the Asurans is so infatuated with Dr. Weir's appearance that he or she would imitate it. We do not know that the Weir in BAMSR is a replica.
                  correct. But I didn't say that any of those were a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    No. Torri was seen at the end of BAMSR, we don't know what character she's playing.
                    Wow, you're really grasping for straws now!

Comment

You're still missing the point, no one is arguing that that was or wasn't Weir, or that she is dead or alive, we're simply arguing that what RepliKeller said was a hint, whether it was an indication of the truth or not.

Comment

correct. But I didn't say that any of those were a fact.
                        Yeah, you did. you said that is was a fact that Weir's clone was still alive. Which it isn't.

Spoiler:

Comment

Wow, you're really grasping for straws now!
                          How do you work that one out? It's well within the realms of possibility that she's a replicator, it's extremely likely, in fact.

Comment

It's possible that the actual fact is that Weir is alive. this started because Jenks assumed by my post that I dismissed the possibility that our Weir was dead. Which I proceeded to clarify before you entered the discussion.
                            Actually, this started as a debate over what the word 'Hint' meant.

Comment

No it never, and no I never. This started because you said there was no hint that Weir was dead, when there clearly is.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                How do you work that one out? It's well within the realms of possibility that she's a replicator, it's extremely likely, in fact.
                                And it's also possible that she's NOT.

You want to believe she's dead - go ahead. But you can't dismiss other people who disagree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X