Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... does this mean Elizabeth won't show up in season 4 any more?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    You're still missing the point, no one is arguing that that was or wasn't Weir, ot that she is dead or alive, we're simply arguing that what RepliKeller said was a hint, whether it was an indication of the truth or not.
    How am I missing the point? I've been posting about whether or not a hint is definitively an indication of the truth or not. The debate of whether Weir's alive or not is just an example. I get the point. I'm justifying my original post.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      Actually, this started as a debate over what the word 'Hint' meant.
      Which came about from jenks's response to my post. And I've said that it's equally possible that Weir is dead as she is alive. Nothing's fact yet.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
        Yeah, you did. you said that is was a fact that Weir's clone was still alive. Which it isn't.
        perhaps a poor choice of terms on my part. "We also know that there is at least one replica of Weir running about (Nanite!Weir from TMC)"

Instead of "running about" I should have used "in existence".

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
          And it's also possible that she's NOT.
          So?

You want to believe she's dead - go ahead. But you can't dismiss other people who disagree with you.
          I'm not, if you actually read what is being said then you'd understand that. I aren't arguing whether she is dead or not, I'm simply arguing that what RepliKeller said was a hint at Weirs death, whether truthful or not.

Comment

This is going around in circles.
            And I've said that it's equally possible that Weir is dead as she is alive.
            I know that, and neither jenks nor I are disputing that.

Comment

At the end of BAMSR - the end credits. Torri was credited as playing "Dr. Elizabeth Weir."

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                perhaps a poor choice of terms on my part. "We also know that there is at least one replica of Weir running about (Nanite!Weir from TMC)"

Instead of "running about" I should have used "in existence".
                But we don't know if she is in existence. And, is this off-topic?

Spoiler:

Comment

At the end of BAMSR - the end credits. Torri was credited as playing "Dr. Elizabeth Weir."
                  And you don't think they'd put that whether she was a replicator or not?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    And you don't think they'd put that whether she was a replicator or not?
                    Doesn't matter. Either way we will see her again in S5.

Comment

We'll see Torri.

Comment

But we don't know if she is in existence. And, is this off-topic?
                        You don't have to be "alive" to exist. And we don't know that she (Nanite!Weir) isn't alive. Therefore you cannot discount the possibility.

Comment

okay

AD, do NOT add words to peoples quotes. It's misleading and rude.
                          Alyssa, please forward that PM to me or one of the other mods
                          Suz, Jenks, AD, Alyssa, ENOUGH. Please stop the on thread arguing.

Now folks, let's not get into a circular argument about who's alive or dead. The way the Weir arc has been written a version of doctor weir is very likely to return, and she will bear a physical resemblance to the HUMAN doctor weir that we saw for 3 years. Is she fully human? Did Replikeller lie? Did she tell the truth? will we see human weir? or will we see repliweir? will the Weir we see even be the repliweir we've already seen???

questions like that are what will be answered when/if the Weir arc is revisited in season five. Literally anything is possible. Arguing about it won't change that fact.

I'm gonna reopen the thread and let's see if things can stay civil, or i'll just shut it down again.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I only saw "Torri Higginson" all alone on a black screen with no identification as to which Weir she was playing.

I hope it is the "real" Weir that was lost in "Lifeline". From what I've read into what Martin Gero said in Joe Mallozzi's blog, she won't be back until Season Five -- in one form or another.

Comment

I think so too. Remember how JM said that Torri was originally signed to 3 episodes and then suddenly there was a 4th one.
                              Whooooaaaa...back up there. What? When did he say 3? I thought he said "4 episodes" from the very beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Whooooaaaa...back up there. What? When did he say 3? I thought he said "4 episodes" from the very beginning?
                                That's what I thought. The only thing that changed was that one was in the second half, instead of all four being in the first half.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X