Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... does this mean Elizabeth won't show up in season 4 any more?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    She's a character. No one's saying she can't be lying, or even that's she's not, I'm just saying that I don't see how anyone could consider that not to be at least a hint that she's dead.
    I consider it possible evidence of Weir's death. But I also consider BAMSR as possible evidence of Weir's survival.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
      well, what I would say is that she wasn't a completely reliable source (as far as the truth).
      So? How does that change the fact that it was hinted that Weir is dead?

Comment

I consider it possible evidence of Weir's death. But I also consider BAMSR as possible evidence of Weir's survival.
        Otherwise known as - a hint.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          and?

it hasn't been 100% proven that Weir is alive either. Therefore there is a hint that she is dead (Repli!Keller as one, and possibly the fact that Nanite!Weir accepted that explanation as another).
          I never said that it was proven that Weir was alive. It's not a hint. Hints allude to facts. Weir's death is not fact, it's speculation at this point. Had BAMSR not have shown Weir, then yes, I would have considered it to be more than speculation. At this point, we don't know. But I doubt that BAMSR Weir is another clone.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I never said that it was proven that Weir was alive. It's not a hint. Hints allude to facts. Weir's death is not fact, it's speculation at this point. Had BAMSR not have shown Weir, then yes, I would have considered it to be more than speculation. At this point, we don't know. But I doubt that BAMSR Weir is another clone.
            Not necessarily.

Comment

It's not a hint. Hints allude to facts.
              Well, if you want to use your definition then - exactly. Perhaps the fact is that Weir is dead?

I've never seen a definition of hint that says it has to allude to a fact.

Comment

Exactly. Weir's death is not a fact.

Weir will be back, in some form, in S5.

Comment

Not necessarily.
                  Hint- (v.)To indicate or make known in an indirect manner.

You don't make known speculation. Facts are made known. It could merely be a hint that the Weir we knew is effectively "dead". Look at my first post in reference to SW epIV. Same type of situation could occur here.

Spoiler:

Comment

So? How does that change the fact that it was hinted that Weir is dead?
                    How does it change the fact that she is alive in BAMSR?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                      Exactly. Weir's death is not a fact
                      ...that we know of at this time.

Doesn't mean its not true though.
                      Last edited by Agent_Dark; 15 January 2008, 06:31 PM.

Comment

That's not a fact though, is it?

Comment

That's not a fact though, is it?
                          Yup. It is.

Comment

Doesn't mean its not true though.
                            Doesn't mean it is. I would infer that hints usually refer to information that is 70-80% correct. Not 50% probable.

Spoiler:

Comment

That is not a fact. We know for a fact that something that resembles and appears to be Weir was in BAMSR. We also know that there is at least one replica of Weir running about (Nanite!Weir from TMC). We also know that the Asurans themselves are quite proficient at replicating someones appearance.

Comment

That is not a fact. We know for a fact that something that resembles and appears to be Weir was in BAMSR. We also know that there is at least one replica of Weir running about (Nanite!Weir from TMC). We also know that the Asurans themselves are quite proficient at replicating someones appearance.
                                FACT. She was seen at the end of BAMSR.

Comment

Working...
                                X