This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    That's not actually what he said. He expressed surprise that you "know" that Teyla is going to be romancing one of the leads based on a few seconds long clip in the interview video. He didn't actually confirm or deny anything.

I also took his comments to mean Teyla wouldn't be romancing any lead characters. At least I hope it is so, as I'm looking forward to season 4, and couldn't take any "As the Gate Turns" soap arcs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
      That does open a very good question though. Other than the issue of getting Shanks to sign up. Why wouldn't they want to move Jackson over to Atlantis? I mean he is one of the leading authorities on Ancient culture and writing.
      I would think it's because he's quite busy with the movies and the pilot script he s writing with chris judge.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        As Daniel adn teal'c were already happily moving on, I'm sure they'll do it again if the Ori are gone. And why should Daniel hang around if they still won't let him to to the Pegasus galaxy??
        Teal'c, yeah, with the Jaffa, but where else would Daniel want to be but the Stargate Program?

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
          Teal'c, yeah, with the Jaffa, but where else would Daniel want to be but the Stargate Program?
          Maybe he meets a nice girl and wants to settle down and have babies!

Or a research position.... I can't recall, what was he doing when Cam was trying to get the team back together?
          sigpic

Comment

Or a research position.... I can't recall, what was he doing when Cam was trying to get the team back together?
            Trying to get to Atlantis...

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
              I honestly can't recall where he was going when Mitchell tried to persuade him to rejoin SG1, but he seemed pretty happy with his decision. SG1 can't last forever just on the sheer fact they'll have to retire one day! And with the Jaffa always having political problems, I'm sure Teal'c is perfectly content to try to salvage his own people's problems, that, and seeing all the news coverage of Paris Hilton will probably drive him screaming from our planet

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                I also took his comments to mean Teyla wouldn't be romancing any lead characters. At least I hope it is so, as I'm looking forward to season 4, and couldn't take any "As the Gate Turns" soap arcs.
                Yes, "As the Gate Turns" would not be good. It's bad enough that Sam is still holding out for Jack. Geez, she's had some really good guys along the way she's passed on.

Anyway, it will be interesting how they handle the Teyla situation in season 4 and let's hope that yes, we don't get a soap...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Yes, "As the Gate Turns" would not be good. It's bad enough that Sam is still holding out for Jack. Geez, she's had some really good guys along the way she's passed on.
                  Jeez, sometimes it's seems like Anti-Sam/Jack people are just as eager to prove it canonly as Sam/Jack shippers. And those shippers are pretty bad to start of with....

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    I honestly can't recall where he was going when Mitchell tried to persuade him to rejoin SG1, but he seemed pretty happy with his decision. SG1 can't last forever just on the sheer fact they'll have to retire one day! And with the Jaffa always having political problems, I'm sure Teal'c is perfectly content to try to salvage his own people's problems, that, and seeing all the news coverage of Paris Hilton will probably drive him screaming from our planet
                    *snort* "
                    click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      Jeez, sometimes it's seems like Anti-Sam/Jack people are just as eager to prove it canonly as Sam/Jack shippers. And those shippers are pretty bad to start of with....
                      Hey, I just happen to think Sam has passed up on some pretty good guys along the way while she waits for Jack... of course, most of the guys are dead now or vanished. Black widow curse. No wonder Jack isn't making any moves

Comment

I think a lot of people have forgotten or are Atlantis fans only and don't know that Daniel was on his way out to Atlantis at the beginning of Season 9. It was only Vala's wristband things that kept him at the SGC. I think it's why some of us don't have too much of a problem with Daniel making a guest appearance on Atlantis; he's got the history for it. Though it seems like Michael Shanks is off in other directions these days, so it might never happen.
                        sigpic
                        sig by kidwizz

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                          As for that "hug" in the vid and the Shep/Teyla ship talk - Joe M. has put that to rest when I asked him about Teyla romancing a lead dude:

Answer: She’s romancing one o the leads? Really? You have a better inside scoop than I do and I work on the show.

I assume this puts Ronon/Teyla to rest as well.
                          I know others have touched on this, but on a further word of caution...

First, tptb don't do "romancing" between the main characters. Would you truly call what they did between Sam and Jack romancing? They admit their feelings out of necessity and after that, for the rest of the seasons, they tiptoe around the subject. The definition of romancing is to court or woo romantically. Tptb simply don't do that anyway. So they can still make any Teyla ship canon.

Second, Teyla wouldn't romance anyone. (Do we still have to put things that pertain to Sunday under spoiler tags? I will just in case.)
                          Spoiler:
                          We learned in Sunday that Teyla won't make the first move. That it isn't the way of her people.
                          So more likely she will be the one romanced not the other way around.

Quite frankly I think you asked the wrong question. Not that asking the right question would have gained you an answer. Joe Mallozzi would never want to give something like that away.
                          Last edited by Black Panther; 12 June 2007, 09:26 PM.

Comment

No spoiler tags needed BP. We're spoiler free, unless it deals with S5 topics and spoilers mentioned. Which there haven't been.
                            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I would like to add...
                              Why do we need so many enemies? SG-1 had one enemy for 8 years. And while only 6 seasons were fantastic and 7 and 8 were alright, it worked! As soon as the Ori appeared, I noticed a lot of SG-1 hatered posts.

And now we have Atlantis. In season 1 it was ITS OWN SHOW and had one real enemy, the wraith, and one joke enemy, the genii. It all worked fine because it started out that way. However, later we get the new and improved replicators posing as ancients (WTF?!), and now we have these "travelers". Honesly, isn't one enemy enough? It's like TPTB decided to bring in as many enemies as possible and see which ones will bring them bigger ratings. I liked having one and a half enemy. I don't like having 3,4,5.

Good see the details on the Sheppard/Teyla ship, FP!
                              The thought of any ship with Sheppard in it makes me want to puke. Shep only deserves his wraith queen or his..prom queen. I'm done

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                                I would like to add...
                                Why do we need so many enemies? SG-1 had one enemy for 8 years. And while only 6 seasons were fantastic and 7 and 8 were alright, it worked! As soon as the Ori appeared, I noticed a lot of SG-1 hatered posts.

And now we have Atlantis. In season 1 it was ITS OWN SHOW and had one real enemy, the wraith, and one joke enemy, the genii. It all worked fine because it started out that way. However, later we get the new and improved replicators posing as ancients (WTF?!), and now we have these "travelers". Honesly, isn't one enemy enough? It's like TPTB decided to bring in as many enemies as possible and see which ones will bring them bigger ratings. I liked having one and a half enemy. I don't like having 3,4,5.

Good see the details on the Sheppard/Teyla ship, FP!
                                The thought of any ship with Sheppard in it makes me want to puke. Shep only deserves his wraith queen or his..prom queen. I'm done

WE'd have to delve deep into the writers' minds to figure out why they can't work with the enemy they have, because at the rate they have the SGA folk make enemies, no one is gonna like us! And dragging the replicators over is, I don't know, keeping alive SG1 in some perverse sense.

Well, so far there is no Sheppard/Teyla ship, or Sheppard/anybody ship. I assume you're talking the video and the hug definitely looked more consoling than 'shippy'.

Comment

Working...
                                X