X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was shot right in the heart I don't see how he could ever survive that

Comment

He does not have a heart.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
        He does not have a heart.
        Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
          He's later revealed to be a TimeLord. He has two hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
            I actually wish we'll see more of Kolya.

But not the Irresponsible pale imitation.

That was NOT Kolya.

I want the real one. The one who made season 1 shine. The one who made Common Ground the best episode of Atlantis, imho.
            AMEN, brother.
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Normally, when you're shot and are alive, you tend to bleed. If you're shot and die instantly, you may not necessarily bleed because nothing's pumping through your veins.

That is a common misconception. Working with military docs and such you
              can still bleed out when dead.. just not as fast.

Comment

Dead characters should stay dead permanently. We don't want this turning into another Hercules/Xena thing, where characters can be repeatedly killed off.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Well remember, we saw him shot and fall, not being checked for a pulse. Also he had a 'thicker' chest than usual. So that imo could easily be taken as he was wearing a Bullet Proof Vest.
                  Thats my thought as well. He wouldnt be stupid enough not to take precautions. I'm betting he had a flak jacket or something on. If he doesnt reapear this season we better get a fifth season just for a Koyla ep.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

As long as his return was a plausible one, I'd love to see the return of Kolya. He was a great thorn in our side.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                      Well, when you have a heart of stone... *Smirks*

I still want to see a twin brother.
                      Last edited by Carter1994; 24 May 2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Thats my thought as well. He wouldnt be stupid enough not to take precautions. I'm betting he had a flak jacket or something on.
                        That's what I think too. He wouldn't have come to the 'shoot-out' with just his good faith to keep him safe!

And then there's also the possibility (as someone else mentioned) that the Atlantis team did check on him and was well aware that Kolya didn't die.
                        I haven't see the ep yet (so please don't stake me if I'm mistaken here) but I suppose they didn't show what happened to Kolya after the show-down anyway. Thus he might even have ended up in the Atlantis brig (or a shiny Genii prison) after Carson found out he wasn't dead, nursed him back to health and they locked him away.

If he doesnt reapear this season we better get a fifth season just for a Koyla ep.
                        Amen to that!!!
                        Twinchy---
                        sigpic
                        FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

My own "return of Kolya" scenario: Genii doctors know how to bring Kolya back. Allow me to explain:

I've always wanted to see more references to actual science on television science fiction, such as biotech plotlines stemming from real techniques, or bleeding-edge physics research, for example.

Recently, an article titled To Treat the Dead over at msnbc.com detailed a new technique for resuscitating patients who are today considered clinically dead.

Common emergency response dogma states that if a patient does not receive CPR within four to five minutes, and if the heart is not started shortly thereafter, the patient will likely not recover.

But what, precisely, has died? The heart cells aren't dying until several hours after the heart has stopped and the patient is 'dead'. They're still alive, but they're shut off due to lack of oxygen.

Per this fascinating article:

That dogma went unquestioned until researchers actually looked at oxygen-starved heart cells under a microscope. What they saw amazed them, according to Dr. Lance Becker, an authority on emergency medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. "After one hour," he says, "we couldn't see evidence the cells had died. We thought we'd done something wrong." In fact, cells cut off from their blood supply died only hours later.

But if the cells are still alive, why can't doctors revive someone who has been dead for an hour? Because once the cells have been without oxygen for more than five minutes, they die when their oxygen supply is resumed. It was that "astounding" discovery, Becker says, that led him to his post as the director of Penn's Center for Resuscitation Science, a newly created research institute operating on one of medicine's newest frontiers: treating the dead.
                          And from a bit further down:

Mitochondria control the process known as apoptosis, the programmed death of abnormal cells that is the body's primary defense against cancer. "It looks to us," says Becker, "as if the cellular surveillance mechanism cannot tell the difference between a cancer cell and a cell being reperfused with oxygen. Something throws the switch that makes the cell die."
                          I submit the Genii perfected an oxygen reperfusion inhibition technique (oh how very very unintentionally cute, the acronym is ORI) a couple decades before we ever figured out it was possible. Kolya's mercs take the body back with them- hey, Shep and Co. aren't heartless, even though Shep just shot a man to death- fix whatever problem caused Kolya to 'die' in the first place (hey, yank the faulty pump out and slap in an artificial heart if need be), use this technique to revive him safely and there he is, fit as a fiddle in Season 5.

Congratulations. May I present you with a legitimate and completely plausible method for bringing a recently "dead" character back to life, given they died in certain ways.

They could establish the Genii ORI technique in a previous episode, one in which a major, main character very clearly dies in a specific way and is brought back by a Genii doctor who tells the new Atlantis doctor (her name escapes me at the moment) how it's done. Shep can even make a comment along the lines of "So Kolya could still be alive?" to set up Kolya's return. Maybe they could kill off Shep for half an episode, and make it very clear that, yes indeed, he's dead. I do this for the Shep-whumpers.

As a side bonus, the Genii don't know about the Ori, yet would have a procedure they term "the ORI technique", which would of course make Shep & Co. have kittens until they figure out what it really means to the Genii. Joke's on them, I guess.

Spoiler:
                          I don't think this would work for Beckett, though, because the corpse has to be warm and fresh for the technique to have a chance to work. His is warm and crispy.

I guess I just want to see the science on Sci-Fi's shows to be as true to actual science as possible, when possible. This is a serendipitous opportunity for the writers to do just that.

Finally, people, do go read that article. It seems our hospitals have been resuscitating people in exactly the wrong way all this time.
                          Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

That's an interesting read.
                            However, what about the brain? It seems to take damage from the moment it lacks air supply within a few minutes, no?

I don't want to see a vegeable Kolya.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

sounds even less feasible than exploding tumors

Comment

Lolol

Comment

Working...
                                X