Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see Kolya back, but there's no way he could still be alive (short of a soft reset, as Suzotchka suggested) after what happened in Irresponsible. If the writers bring Kolya back, Atlantis will lose credibility just as SG-1 lost credibility with Apophis and (let's not forget) Daniel.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
      Well, nobody griped about the ever living Apophis....

Kolya is dead. Long live Kolya!
      Yeah, but don't forget, Apophis had the Acme™ deluxe "deus ex sarcophagus" to keep him healthy and disease free.

Was it actually confirmed that Koyla is ___? He could have been just critically injured. Unless it was a "BOOM! Headshot!" by Sheppard.

While Robert Davi is sure he is appearing in season four, the producers are saying that it "might" be a possibility. It seems to me like it's a case of we'll Kolya back. But only if we need ya.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        I'd like to see Kolya back, but there's no way he could still be alive (short of a soft reset, as Suzotchka suggested) after what happened in Irresponsible. If the writers bring Kolya back, Atlantis will lose credibility just as SG-1 lost credibility with Apophis and (let's not forget) Daniel.
        Atlantis stopped making sense a long time ago. So really I'm all for Koyla returning. I would watch that episode, along with the Elizabeth ones.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
          I can totally see Kolya surviving. He's been shot through the chest, and didn't they say he survived a explosion somewhere?

Anyway, I would be quite pleased if he returned. He's my favorite bad guy! But, for those of you who don't like people 'coming back from the dead', I imagine they could bring the actor back by saying Kolya has a twin brother... That would be so cool!! (Well, actually, it would probably make Sheppard nuts! *giggles*)

The explosion you are refering to was probably in "The Brotherhood" when Shep and Ford set off the flash-bang grenades. The grenades are not meant to kill, just disable a person for a short time due to intense light and sound, hence flash-bang.

I think the best idea is the twin brother angle that you mentioned. In another thread someone named him Toyla!!
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

First I have to say YIPPEE 6000 posts! I have no life. As to Koyla we don't know he died. He was shot in the chest but there was no blood, also it wasnt squarely in the chest so he could have survived or had on body armor.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
              The explosion you are refering to was probably in "The Brotherhood" when Shep and Ford set off the flash-bang grenades. The grenades are not meant to kill, just disable a person for a short time due to intense light and sound, hence flash-bang.
              Nah. I know what flashbangs are. My dad and brother mentioned the surviving an explosion thing. In a building, I think. I'll ask 'em. (Smilie not sarcastic)

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
              I think the best idea is the twin brother angle that you mentioned. In another thread someone named him Toyla!!
              Thanks! It just seems most fathomable to me.

Someone's calling him Tolya? Who, were, when and how?

P.S. Congratulations on 6,000, Mitchell82!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                First I have to say YIPPEE 6000 posts! I have no life. As to Koyla we don't know he died. He was shot in the chest but there was no blood, also it wasnt squarely in the chest so he could have survived or had on body armor.
                I would think that Beckett would have checked him out before they left that world. It wasn't like he went thru the Stargate like when Shep shot him before. If Beckett didn't check him out, then I really think that episode was a stinker for all time!!!

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
                Thanks! It just seems most fathomable to me.

Someone's calling him Tolya? Who, were, when and how?

P.S. Congratulations on 6,000, Mitchell82!
                Ditto on 6000 Mitchell82!!!

See the
                Spoiler:
                Shep Whumping thread in Characters and Relationships. Honestly, if anyone asks, I saw it somewhere else.
                Last edited by Redhooks; 21 May 2007, 03:51 PM. Reason: corrected thread title
                Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Normally, when you're shot and are alive, you tend to bleed. If you're shot and die instantly, you may not necessarily bleed because nothing's pumping through your veins.

Anyway, in today's JM blog it was written:
                  Bebop writes: “Ae we looking at the return of Kolya later in this season or next?”
                  Answer: Probably not this season.

So, maybe this question is now moot...

Comment

Okay, I think Koyla is a great character (but think the whole Shep/Koyla feud is sorta meh) and I thought it was incredibly stupid how he was killed. Cliched and done in one of the worst episodes in s3, if not the entire series so far. Dumb.

BUT, if they bring back Koyla like he wasn't really killed in Irresponsible I'm going to cry big FOUL. What, Shep and co. don't check to see that he's really dead? They just leave him on the planet for his team or something magical to nurse him back to health? The guy who killed Atlantis members, tried to take over the city, and constantly threatened the team in the past? I know Shep and the others have done some really, REALLY dumb things in the past, but this would be the final straw.

I would be somewhat more forgiving if he comes back in a different way, like a clone or AU or something. Still, if TPTB are going to kill all these important people it's better if they keep those characters dead. Otherwise it looks like they can't hold firm to a decision.

Comment

Well I am for once not going to get upset over a vague reference from Joe M and quite frankly second hand comments from someone Darren only refers to as an Atlantis fan... Darren why is this fan any more credible then others? Did I miss something? Is there any other info to back this up?

Anyway, it could be flashbacks it could be Sheppard having nightmares... who knows, and if they are shooting in June it will probably be a season ender or very close to it so we may not even see it... *cough*

But I do think if I was Sheppard I wouldn't be so fraking STUPID to just accept he was dead and leave the planet... no I would have gotten Beckett to do some bloody tests on him there and then you know to make sure he was actually DEAD! Hell, I would have dragged his sorry ass to the PJ and shipped him back to Atlanits! How stupid are these characters? [/rhetorical question]

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post
                        There's no reason to think for certain that Kolya is dead. He got shot once in the chest by a 9mm. Shappard may have allowed his mercinaries to have taken him away for treatment. Granted it's unlikely but I've seen characters in other shows miraculously survive without a really good explanation and it's just one of those things that happen in TV land and I frankly don't care because Kolya is such a great character that I'll be delighted to see return..
                        Well remember, we saw him shot and fall, not being checked for a pulse. Also he had a 'thicker' chest than usual. So that imo could easily be taken as he was wearing a Bullet Proof Vest.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          Well I am for once not going to get upset over a vague reference from Joe M and quite frankly second hand comments from someone Darren only refers to as an Atlantis fan... Darren why is this fan any more credible then others? Did I miss something? Is there any other info to back this up?
                          We follow up on news tips to make sure they are credible, and Joe confirmed for us that this one is on the level.

In case people are misreading the whole of the news story, the current status is that there is a story in the works for Robert Davi's return, even going so far as to confirm the actor's availability to shoot -- but for reasons unknown, it has been "put on ice" and bumped back to a possible fifth season. That means it almost certainly won't happen this coming season, and (as we've seen with other stories that have been bumped) may not come to pass.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            We follow up on news tips to make sure they are credible, and Joe confirmed for us that this one is on the level.
                            Thanks, for clarifying, maybe Joe M is still being so cagey 'cause it has been shelved for now.

Although, the piece reads like Davi will be filming in June.

Comment

Just a quick point of order, who's to say Beckett didn't check Kolya and it turned out he was alive, his troops took him back through the Stargate to whatever Rogue Genii outpost he'd been holed up in?

Comment

Kolya is revived by:

- Alien tech.
                                - Super medecine.
                                - Wraith enzime (he becomes a sort of hybrid).
                                - Magical power.
                                - He never died. He was only injuried, and healed later on, or it was a clone/twin/robot/dream.

Sheppard having nightmares about Kolya? Please.
                                Not only this reeks of a Scorpius redux, but handled by lame writing, but why would Shep be even tormented? Maybe after Common Ground? oh, yes! Let's make Common Ground 2.0.

And you know, despite how pathetic this is, illogical, absurd, stupid and telling of how lowbrow certain aspects of the show are now, I actually wish we'll see more of Kolya.

But not the Irresponsible pale imitation.

That was NOT Kolya.

I want the real one. The one who made season 1 shine. The one who made Common Ground the best episode of Atlantis, imho.

See, by the word of many fans, it took four seasons for B & B to make Enterprise a good show. And in fact, many Trek characters were a thousand times better than many who were main figures in Atlantis.
                                Ah, that sounds like a bad note in fact. Nevermind, there's hope things can get better.
                                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                                X