Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
    Haha. If you don't count the fact that she's been knocked up by an Athosian...
    And then there's the interview with JM....

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      *runs in*

KATE/TEYLA RULZ!!!!

*runs out*

*LMAO*

SAM RULZ!!!! Hides behind the wall

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        You have to admit, that with Elizabeth out of the way, the chances for Sheyla happening have increased considerably
        Well one does wonder why exactly Elizabeth was written out. But on the other hand, I never saw Sheyla, because I never saw real, plausible chemistry between the... ugh I can't put them in a same sentence.

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
        Haha. If you don't count the fact that she's been knocked up by an Athosian...
        Exactly.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        Actually, I think they've decreased since Teyla is pregnant by an Athosian. I think Teyla is a very loyal person and although she may have had a small crush on John, obviously her true feelings lie elsewhere. Of course, this is all supposing they stay true to the character of Teyla.
        I never saw that supposed "crush" from Teyla's part. John could have had tiny crush on Teyla waaay back in S1 but that kind of disappeared when The Storm/The Eye happened. I agree that Teyla's feelings obviously lie elsewhere and if PTB intended to do J/T ship.... well, they failed. Long time ago. Sorry J/T people....

...whose name is awfully close to the Czech word for 'sewer' and IMHO - that's exactly where he is now. Besides - By what I know about TPTBs, the poor guy will be killed either during his first appearence or off-screen
        It could easily happen. Do we get to see John comforting her after that happens? LOL. That would be first class soap.

Originally posted by dana View Post
        And then there's the interview with JM....
        Yes, there's that too.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        *LMAO*

SAM RULZ!!!! Hides behind the wall
        Oh hide, hide and don't come out that soon.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Kate and Teyla is the only real pairing...

Okay, I'll stop now. No really, they are so totally into each other. Why else would Kate conjure up Teyla in her dream to safe her?

Anyway, I will really stop now, I promise.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Kate and Teyla is the only real pairing...

Okay, I'll stop now. No really, they are so totally into each other. Why else would Kate conjure up Teyla in her dream to safe her?

Anyway, I will really stop now, I promise.

Point there FH. I need to talk to you about that Teyla story I promised. Will you be online in an hour?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Will you be online in an hour?
              Yup, I'm online all day... And even though it says busy, I'm not really.

Comment

I think Joe M. stated that both Shep/Teyla and Teyla/Ronon were off the table. Which makes me quite happy, seeing as how TPTB 1) can't write main character ship worth a damn and 2) when they try, the female character involved often ends up worse for it (the Sam/Jack fiasco hasn't done Sam any favors, especially in Threads... ).

Comment

They might hire people, who would look for good fanfictions on the internet and the contact their authors, offering them cooperation to turn the idea of the story into a script. That would be one way to do it
                  JM had stated that they can't do that because of legal/copyright issues [if I find the specific blog entry I'll link to it.] Oh please - they are your characters, stories based from your show, I can't see why there would be legal issues if you asked politely and I'm sure fan authours would jump at the chance.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  Oh God, can you put up with all the fluffy romance between Weir and Sheppard
                  I like Weir/Shep as a friendship/trust but as I'm not a Sparky shipper a whole Weir/Shep fluff would drive me insane. I like the interaction but once they kiss it's over.

Originally posted by dana View Post
                  Personally, I'd take the story from the SGA novel 'Exogenesis' and 'Casualities of war' and direct them. Because they are fabulous. How about exchanging the novel writers with TPTB? TPTB can now write their novels and the novelists will be the new TPTB.
                  Haven't read those yet, but I'll be sure to pick up a copy of them if I run across. But TP wouldn't give up thier power, even for the sake of the show because the are the POWERS and they like POWER.

[/I]
                  He's so cute <3

EDIT: And I have published two fanfictions exposing the greatest insults to physics TPTBs have ever made (the first relates to 'Adrift' and the second relates to 'Siege, Part 3')
                  Ha, I usually don't pay attention to the laws of physics [unless it's totally dumb/obvious] in SF because for one I detest physics and never want to take a physics course [much rather be cutting sharks and brains open] and two there must be inaccuracies everywhere. Do you have a link? It's sometimes fun to read about ISMP [Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics]

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  Actually, I think they've decreased since Teyla is pregnant by an Athosian. I think Teyla is a very loyal person and although she may have had a small crush on John, obviously her true feelings lie elsewhere.
                  Agreed - I'm more of a friendship person than a real shipper. I can see alot of tension between J/T but nothing ever happening. Same goes for S/W. I can't see R/T happening at all, to me thats more sibling-like.

...whose name is awfully close to the Czech word for 'sewer' and IMHO - that's exactly where he is now. Besides - By what I know about TPTBs, the poor guy will be killed either during his first appearence or off-screen
                  At least we weren't really attached to him

While I love John/Teyla shippiness [Don't electrocute me Sparky's] I can't see it getting too far and aforemention same with Sparky. J/T 'clicked' with me as possibly romantic; in my perspective Sparky didn't. I do have to admit they WAY overmilked J/T in Rising. It made me want to chuck a shoe through my television. On the flip side I really like McWeir but I can't see that getting to serious either. Despite this, I am still a big fan of Sheyla and McWeir.

Now, minor ships - I find that the minor ships are way more plausible than the more popular ones. I am gaining a fondness for Elizabeth/Radek and I have always liked the idea of Carson/Teyla. I think those two compliment each other greatly and I can see it working without the possibility of what you call the Sam/Jack fiasco. [Lucky I never knew what that was.]

Comment

Oh look, look new antis! Hello Rieko! *waves*

Laws of physics. *giggle* I suck at physics but I do know you can't hear explosions in open space.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      I think Joe M. stated that both Shep/Teyla and Teyla/Ronon were off the table. Which makes me quite happy, seeing as how TPTB 1) can't write main character ship worth a damn and 2) when they try, the female character involved often ends up worse for it (the Sam/Jack fiasco hasn't done Sam any favors, especially in Threads... ).
                      Yes, but after that he said "at least for season 4" so I'm guessing once they get rid of Teyla's baby and her baby!daddy they will continue to push the ship that shall remain nameless. Okay fine they picked a ship whatever, they DIDN'T HAVE TO GET RID OF ELIZABETH. Oh wait maybe they did, no competition and all. Of course one of the many reasons they got rid of Elizabeth.

/rant over.

I always thought Teyla/Ronon would work since they aren't exactly treated as main characters in the show. I kind of liked Cadman/Carson until they killed that too.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Why yes, yes I could. If they did do this story line, they would have so many new female viewers the ratings would double. But all you no-romo types couldn't handle it.
                        I like romance as long as it's done well and not forced down my throat

This whole no-ship attitude they seem to have is one of the most unrealistic aspects of the show. Real people in real situations pair off. But now that Weir may be gone, I hope it continues. LOL.
                        I've been saying that for ages, you can't have hundreds of people confined to a city without romance happening, if it were anywhere else people would be banging like, to quote Blackadder, 'The privvy door when the plague's in town'

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        I was talking no-romos in general, but I'd love to read her stuff as long as it's not slash or that other ship that shall remain nameless.
                        For God's sake don't read the Ski Jumping stuff then

Oh, and I must add that it doesn't offend/bother me if you don't like my ship and I mean no disrespect if I don't like yours.
                        My ship's dead and buried now, it was Weir/Zelenka

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          While I love John/Teyla shippiness [Don't electrocute me Sparky's] I can't see it getting too far and aforemention same with Sparky. J/T 'clicked' with me as possibly romantic; in my perspective Sparky didn't. I do have to admit they WAY overmilked J/T in Rising. It made me want to chuck a shoe through my television. On the flip side I really like McWeir but I can't see that getting to serious either. Despite this, I am still a big fan of Sheyla and McWeir.
                          I prefered when tptb didn't try to force the J/T, there were times when you could see the wheels turning, it was like you're watching and in comes this flashing red sign ATTENTION, WE'RE SHOWING YOU J/T, SHIP THEM NOW!!!

Subtlety is not their thing, is it? but the moments when tptb weren't caught up on re-enacting their soldier/hot alien fantasies, the friendship moments (Sateda), those were precious.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          Now, minor ships - I find that the minor ships are way more plausible than the more popular ones. I am gaining a fondness for Elizabeth/Radek and I have always liked the idea of Carson/Teyla. I think those two compliment each other greatly and I can see it working without the possibility of what you call the Sam/Jack fiasco. [Lucky I never knew what that was.]

They could have tried to go for a minor ship, I get the feeling they did try, but as usual just gave up when they realized they'd actually have to put some effort into it.

My ship was S/W, at the beginning it was pretty OPT-ish, and then Ronon/Weir started intruding because OMG!HAWT, and then there was Ronon/Teyla, Teyla/Lorne, Lorne/Weir, Sheppard/McKay, a bit of McKay/Weir (because to me it was pretty obvious he was crushing on her), McKay/Zelenka, Beckett/Ronon, yeah, SGA was kind of an orgy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                            Yes, but after that he said "at least for season 4" so I'm guessing once they get rid of Teyla's baby and her baby!daddy they will continue to push the ship that shall remain nameless. Okay fine they picked a ship whatever, they DIDN'T HAVE TO GET RID OF ELIZABETH. Oh wait maybe they did, no competition and all. Of course one of the many reasons they got rid of Elizabeth.

/rant over.

I always thought Teyla/Ronon would work since they aren't exactly treated as main characters in the show. I kind of liked Cadman/Carson until they killed that too.
                            My thoughts exactly. I wonder, oh how i wonder was the fact that large piece of fandom shipped (and still ships) Elizabeth with John so easily also a part of the reason why the producer who shall remain nameless decided to get rid of "the obstacle". Because that chemistry killed everything else on screen - at least some people thinks that way.

Teyla/Ronon also has nice chemistry. Of course they won't go for that.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                            I prefered when tptb didn't try to force the J/T, there were times when you could see the wheels turning, it was like you're watching and in comes this flashing red sign ATTENTION, WE'RE SHOWING YOU J/T, SHIP THEM NOW!!!

Subtlety is not their thing, is it? but the moments when tptb weren't caught up on re-enacting their soldier/hot alien fantasies, the friendship moments (Sateda), those were precious.
                            LOOOOL!!!!!

I agree. What was that in Sunday? People! Stop! Thinking! Stop! Shpping! Them! With! Other! People! Because! They! Are! Having! A! Relationship!

Only I never noticed that "crush" or "chemistry" or "teasing" or "tension" between them. All i noticed was bigger and wiser sister and pouty little brother thing.

*runs before J/T fans get her*

Comment

TPTB are horrible at writing relationships. The very first thing they did in SG-1 was kill off Daniel's wife--who was a major role in the movie. It was like--heaven forbid we have a stable relationship in stargate. (Never mind the movie was based on relationships)

The shippy plot devices the writers use in SGA and SG-1 are just plot devices and nothing else.

The only character in SGA who actually seems to have a relationship of some sort with everyone in the show is Rodney. He's developed beyond Urkel. Come to think of it--he's SGA's Urkle.

What worked for SGA was four characters...Shep, mcKay, Beckett and Weir. I always saw Ronin and Tyla as secondary characters to those four.

Would it have been so hard to keep Beckett and Weir and still have a good script?
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Teyla/Ronon also has nice chemistry.
                                They are like brother and sister because Kate is Teyla's significant other.

I agree. What was that in Sunday? People! Stop! Thinking! Stop! Shpping! Them! With! Other! People! Because! They! Are! Having! A! Relationship!
                                Don't forget the hug in Doppelganger. Even though Sheppard looked like an iratusbug had just attached itself to him.

I think in The Rising they had a chance to do something with it, when Teyla and John first met, and then in that cave... but they messed it up. And from that point on I just couldn't picture them together ever, for he had better chemistry with Elizabeth (and I'm not even a Sparky-shipper). I see Sheppard/ Weir more easily than Sheppard/Teyla.

No, I stick to Kate/Teyla, and on occasion Kate/John.

Comment

Working...
                                X