Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    I still feel it's Stargate Rodney and with the lack of weir and Beckett to offset neurotic Rodney they have to rely on sheppard...whose character has been slowly but surely assassinated.
    HK-47: Query: Has someone used the word 'assassiation' without me being involved?

numbers by themselves mean nothing unless your looking at ratings or the lotto. I prefer quality of the post over the number of post.

it would nice if this thread was more about going into detail about the mistakes made rather than just tooting horns.

There are some issues with season 4 that should be explored. Instead of seeing "I hate Carter because she's the new leader." post I would like to dive into how they have changed her into an new character to try and fit the new role...kind of like what happened to daniel but not that extreme.
    So you basically want an objective critique for sam coming over. Okay. That I can give you:

1. Thus far, Sam did the same things as Elizabeth. No science arguing with Rodney, no military aguing with Sheppard.

2. When it comes to telling off annoying USAF Colonels, those who think Sam is good should take a look at ep. Conversion. What Weir did to Caldwell makes Sam look like an Overgrown sissy-toy.

3. The whole Weir-Carter transition was handled extremely poorly from a political point of view. I have a very hard time believing the IOA would give the last key Stargate-related military asset into the hands of the USAF without putting up a fight or demanding something big in return (and by big I mean Ancient defense platform in Antarctica big)

4. I would never have sent someone with no first hand experience with the Wraith to lead a base in the Pegasus galaxy

Then there is the new doc issue. My good, why on earth is this whinny child the head of the medical department? WTF? Talk about a major mistake. She has already disobeyed orders, gave information to the enemy and is just an emotional wreck.
    That I have a big problem with as well. Are we really suposed to believe that this Whining baby wouldn't be replaced in a heartbeat?

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    oooo there is some stuff going on with the writers strike guys... keep your fingers crossed!
    What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      ETA: And do you have Carson's screentime in s1 too?
      No, I'm sorry. I only track those who appear in the opening credits. RSF/AF in season 2 is an exception since he was reduced to recurring but came from regular. PM/CB only became a regular in season 2, from Duet on.

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
      Love the comparisons of dialogue minutes and screen time for Seasons 1 and 2. And the graphs are wonderful--but why wasn't Carson's stats included? Actually, I suppose it really doesn't matter now since he's dead...
      Like I said above I only track those who are in the opening credits (with the exception of CR/KH cause I'm the one doing the research ) and PM was only recurring in season 1, though I suspect he had more to do in season 1 as recurring than as a regular in season 2.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Our ANTI religion expands . Are we doing a good job or TPTB?

Comment

Ladder of Death turned into a bit of a cartoon-ish artwork/manip thing...

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Spoiler:
            Mental green for both your research and the ladder of death

Comment

Spoiler:
              Well, SGA characters are cardboards.

Amazing job, FH!
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                It's awesome, but where's Lizzie? Being in Fordland should mean death too.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                  Star Trekkin'.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                    In my honest opinion, Elizabeth is as such still alive until the contrary has been proven.

Comment

Spoiler:

Nice manip . You should do a manip mix similar to our Stinky Sock mix. Sam seems comfy in there . I don't think she'll fall anytime soon . I think keller should go way higher

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        Nice manip . You should do a manip mix similar to our Stinky Sock mix. Sam seems comfy in there . I don't think she'll fall anytime soon . I think keller should go way higher
                        Wait 'til Beckett, Heightmeyer, etc. crush her.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                          To be frank...can I be Frank ? I stopped caring. Everyone seems capable to integrate new characters except the lads in SGA. In SG1 Vala and Ben were added to the show flawlessly. In BSG, Helena Cain, even if just for a while, priceless. In VOY, Seven was one of the best written characters out there. Why can't TPTB in SGA do something good or leave the formula that works S1,S2,S3 . I am a huge Carter fan but this is not the Carter I want in SGA .

Comment

*keeps fingers crossed*...for how long tho?
                            no idea but the two sides are talking again!
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              LOL!!!

Comment

To be frank...can I be Frank ? I stopped caring. Everyone seems capable to integrate new characters except the lads in SGA. In SG1 Vala and Ben were added to the show flawlessly. In BSG, Helena Cain, even if just for a while, priceless. In VOY, Seven was one of the best written characters out there. Why can't TPTB in SGA do something good or leave the formula that works S1,S2,S3 . I am a huge Carter fan but this is not the Carter I want in SGA .
                                Too bad 'cause this is the Carter you will get. She's McKay's brainless gf now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X