Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    Cookies? Chocolate?
    Nuts?
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      And sci fi shouldn't be about expanding your mind or imagination. Now why would anybody want that??
      Indeed, why should someone use his mind and/or imagination?! It's unthinkable to make people think for themselves ... for those things you have those rectangular thingies you find on dusty shelves in large empty buildings where it's quiet.

Guiness? They should try harder. Maybe make McKay kiss Carter. Or something like that.
      Sheppard and Carter, then we can watch every week how McKay's jealous and how Carter scolds at Sheppard for having another plot twit.

Stalin? Try Hitler. He also liked the unison head nodding.
      Finally, I can say it on GW: I invoke Godwin's Law.

And as for washing machines - I don't think there is a machine in teh world that could wash this pile of rubbish. Or stinky socks for that matter.
      We must burn it all! Burn I tell you! BURN! I think 451 degrees Fahrenheit would do the trick quite nicely.
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I agree. However, i can't control what folks say elsewhere, nor would i even try.

All i can say is don't stoop to their level. Use the ignore feature, which renders them effectively invisible to you and let them spew thier ickyness to nobody. Half of the reason people post inflamatory posts is to see who takes the bait. Well, don't. Let them post all to themselves. At the end of the day, their posts speak for themselves.

i am so fed up with the sniping right now i'm >< to shutting down BOTH the anti and pro threads so that there is no sanctuary for one group to bash another. And then start in on those that refuse to play by the rules.

If the majority of the posters here simply want a sanctuary to vent their frustrations about the direction of the show, keep it a sanctuary by not playing into the hands of those that seem determined to just stir things up.

Put them on ignore and let them be. Effectively shun them.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

We must burn it all! Burn I tell you! BURN! I think 451 degrees Fahrenheit would do the trick quite nicely.
          We'd risk to die from stench.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            It's interesting to know that the last 4 eps of the First half, will have averaged better numbers than the first 4 eps. It looks like they went back up to me.

Hmm that hiatus has made me wonder. Something happened to SCI FI where all the shows have went down. Shows like SGA, SG-1, BSG, Eureka, and even ECW. Still, Ghost Hunters seemed to have not been unchanged. When it's one show or franchise you say to yourself, yeah people are losing interest, but when most of the shows fall down, then something is not right, and it's not the show itself.
            Maybe Skiffy will be canceled as a whole

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
            But, but, but... you don't understand, if the show gets a 0.7 or a 0.5 it really means a lot more people in the coveted ten - ten and a quarter years old demographic are watching and everyone knows that one of those = twenty four of any other age group. It' s all very complicated and ordinary people not in the biz couldn't possibly be expected to understand. Just trust tptb.
            Two years ago, I had to suffer through a little compulsory subject at school. It's called 'Numeric methods, statistics and probability'. Had the professor seen something like this, he'd find you and pull your head off for merely thinking such blasphemy. Trust me. That guy was worse than HK-47.

Of course. The fact that writing is more and more crappy has nothing to do with it whatsoever. And ripping off SG - 1 episodes is simply top notch.
            Not to mention ripping off my favorite computer games

Originally posted by Luz View Post
            OMG!, SGA is a terrible show with recycled plots that's going down the drain and hemorraging ratings, but it's on an equally crappy t.v channel surrounded by terrible shows that are getting even lousier ratings, REJOICE!.

Those people at NBC are a hoot.
            Originally posted by alyssa View Post
            I agree completely. To me, Ronon's a boring waste of space who does nothing but grunt, but am I going to start an Anti Ronon thread in the hopes of getting Momoa kicked off the show? No. It's about having basic decency. Torri herself said recently that people should be careful what they say about the actors on public forums, because they all read it. And it's true.
            I've NEVER said anything about the actors. IMHO they're doing an amazing job with the crap Mallozzi and Co write for them

Exactly! I also think PTB neglect Ronon, and I don't see him as a waste of space, rather as a waste of potential. IMO, he is very smart, but the keep showing him as a grunting caveman. He is not that, FCOL; they could do interesting things with this character!

Same with Teyla. From the very first season she was the pretty wallpaper there. They gave her several token episodes and that's that! Again, waste of potential, but I don't want either of actors dumped because those guys who think they are smartest people on planet can't do decent writing. Especially if that involves writing smart females who don't use guns, but words.
            You can't do that!!! It would mean they wouldn't be able to develop the marriage between All-eating grumpy man and We come in peace, shoot to kill.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I'd support that thread.
            The mods said no more pro and anti threads, so if you actually start this one, chances are the mods are going to descend on you like a pack of Darth Sions trigger-happy Sith assassins. (And I'm afraid my lightsaber won't be able to protect you against that)

I was refering more to the tendency dictators have, look at Stalin (Sorry people, it's not time to invoke Godwin's Law), to surround themselves with people who's only job it is to nod in agreement with whatever the great fearless leader says.
            I compared TPTBs to Stalin two months ago! Stop stealing my lines!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            This thread has been very helpful today. In about an hour my husband will return home from slaving for the man working hard to please his boss and I will attempt to explain today's credit card charges. I will assure him that the fact that I bought 4 items that were on sale at 50% off actually saved so much that 2 of them were free thus buying any less than that would have been a poor financial decision. Then when he asks to see the savings, I will tell him that I actually spent less than if I had only bought the one item we really needed. And besides it's Christmas. *puppy eyes* With luck I will convince him that I only actually bought one. Wish me luck. *takes another look at old math grade*

TPTB logic at its best.
            Hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              Skiffy will spin garbage ratings into gold all day long, just look at how they continued to talk about their new "HIT" show, "Flush Gordon". Gawd, was a waste that was. I don't believe anything that comes out of Stern or Hammer's mouth anymore.
              I disagree with you slightly there. I don't think I've seen them write anything positive about Flash Gordon since its premiere rating.

Like Atlantis, it seems to be be on their "if we can't spin something positive to say, we won't say anything at all" list. Their most recent press releases about ratings haven't even mentioned it.

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/

is their website for press releases. I get as much information from them by what they don't talk about as what they do talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                I disagree with you slightly there. I don't think I've seen them write anything positive about Flash Gordon since its premiere rating.

Like Atlantis, it seems to be be on their "if we can't spin something positive to say, we won't say anything at all" list. Their most recent press releases about ratings haven't even mentioned it.

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/

is their website for press releases. I get as much information from them by what they don't talk about as what they do talk about.
                Would you mention something, knowing the show is getting like a 0.5?

BTW, I think ScI FI will have a press release in a couple of weeks for SGA. They will most likely use the DVR numbers which would likely put the show at about 1.8 million viewer average and a 1.3 HH season average to date. That is of course my speculation, just so there is no confusion.

Also, can you confirm if 1.6 million viewers is a 1.2 HH? Thanks!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  The mods said no more pro and anti threads, so if you actually start this one, chances are the mods are going to descend on you like a pack of Darth Sions trigger-happy Sith assassins. (And I'm afraid my lightsaber won't be able to protect you against that)
                  I may need a personal shield with a ZPM connection.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Also, can you confirm if 1.6 million viewers is a 1.2 HH? Thanks!
                    HH -> Household?
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                      I compared TPTBs to Stalin two months ago! Stop stealing my lines!!!
                      It was a setup so I could invoke Godwin's Law later on.
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        HH -> Household?
                        Yeah. See the number changes weekly. So something that could of been a 1.2 may only be a 1.1. It all depends on each week.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          Put them on ignore and let them be. Effectively shun them.
                          *cuddles ignore feature*

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                            *cuddles ignore feature*

Spoiler:

Hahahahahaa.

WTF happened to the "do you want Weir back poll" I was just telling my friend to vote.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

ZOMG Luz, that looks lovely!!!
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                                Hahahahahaa.
                                That is what I call a target rich environment . Nice on LUZ!

Comment

Working...
                                X