Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And that's when he turns darker...
    Yes, and then he proceeds to pick up Weir, Michael, Jonas and Ford. The season ending will be the 5 of them gathered in room aboard the Aurora class vessel discussing how to reveal the Stargate program to the people of Earth in order to facilitate a new cold war between the rest of the world and the USA & Allies.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
      Has anyone ever noticed the difference in problem solving techniques in US series and European series? Lets take Doctor Who and Stargate as examples:
      The Doctor relies on his intellect to win the day whilst in Stargate the guns do the thinking. The same difference can also be found in police shows, etc... Perhaps that's one of the sources of the better quality? Instead of mindless gun blazing the main character is forced to think?

I concur, the mission is a bit US-centric. What also surprises me is that the moment the leader of the expedition dies the first candidate is a US colonel, one might expect that the Russians and the Chinese would object and insist on a more neutral person to lead it especially since the head of the military staff there is also a US Colonel.
      If that happened in reality the world would be up in arms

I'd love to see the Europeans, Russians, Canadians, Chinese, etc... decide to claim either Atlantis or the "Sister City" from "The Tower" and from there start to compete with the US for influence in the PG. It would make for an interesting arc and it would show that the other nations don't allow themselves to get screwed over again by the USA.
      Oh we know about being screwed over by the US alright *Sits on hands in an effort not to type what she really thinks*
      *Cough*
      Spoiler:
      Friendly fire

*Cough*
      (Sorry it's a sore subject where I'm from)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Edit: I was just checking the stats of this thread... ...It appears I have the most posts in this thread. Does that make me uber-anti?
        Or a spammer?
        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          If that happened in reality the world would be up in arms
          They wouldn't even dare to suggest it in reality since it would mean losing support of their precious allies and more importantly it would mean the loss of the financial support of those countries.

Oh we know about being screwed over by the US alright *Sits on hands in an effort not to type what she really thinks*
          *Cough*
          Spoiler:
          Friendly fire

*Cough*
          (Sorry it's a sore subject where I'm from)
          Ah this made me think, which is a dangerous thing, why on Earth are the US in charge of the military on Atlantis and more importantly why are regular American soldiers and airforce personal there instead of their special ops? If it's an internation mission it would make sense to send the SAS and the Foreign Legion to Atlantis, after all those two are considered to be the elite forces in the world.
          Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Or a spammer?
            Good point.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'd love to see the Europeans, Russians, Canadians, Chinese, etc... decide to claim either Atlantis or the "Sister City" from "The Tower" and from there start to compete with the US for influence in the PG. It would make for an interesting arc and it would show that the other nations don't allow themselves to get screwed over again by the USA.
              With Jonas coming over from SG-1 to aid the rebels in defeating the Empire.

And it's not even a rehash (I admit, you could see it as a rehash of the summit but this would be more amusing) especially not if Ronon decided not to kill Larrin but instead work as a double-agent or he takes over command of the Travelers.
              When does this show start??? Tell me!!! I want to watch this!!!!!
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                When does this show start??? Tell me!!! I want to watch this!!!!!
                Whenever TPTB get sensible or whenever I decide to finish the current sagas of "The Chronicles of Stargate" and start on a new saga. I think the latter is more likely to happen than the former.
                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Whenever TPTB get sensible or whenever I decide to finish the current sagas of "The Chronicles of Stargate" and start on a new saga. I think the latter is more likely to happen than the former.
                  I think we should start anti new Stargate thread, just as a preemptive measure. Please nobody red me. I'm just snarky.

Comment

New anti-threads aren't allowed, thus I suggest that someone creates a "Future of Stargate Discussion Thread".
                    Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

New anti-threads aren't allowed, thus I suggest that someone creates a "Future of Stargate Discussion Thread".
                      What future?
                      sigpic

Comment

A reboot in a few years, similar to BSG. They should get Joss Whedon of JMS to become showrunner of it, that would ensure that there will be character development and long arcs.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

But, but... JM is more talented than those two.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            But, but... JM is more talented than those two.
                            Of course he is. I mean just look at Irresistible. Pure gold. /snark

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              What future?
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Of course he is. I mean just look at Irresistible. Pure gold. /snark
                                That's why I'm not sure I want fearless leader in his hands anymore. Just imagine how much more damage he could cause to the character. Let him destroy Mary, I say.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X