Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Alyssa

I became anti's because I'm still very pissed that they cancelled SG-1 instead of cancelling SGA. I loved SGA S1, but after S1, each season of SGA is worse and worse. We learned nothing about Ancients, Wraith, their history, their war. Every nech technology (ships, etc.) we have gained is destroyed. Every interesting race/characters is forgotten. Interesting characters are being killed in the most stupid way (Kolya, Carson, Ford?). Lack of interesting stories, stupid and idiotic stand-alones. Instead of focusing on Wraith, TPTB created another enemy, but this one is uninteresting (Asurans). Uninteresting main characters = Teyla and caveman

SG-1 seasons 9 & 10 were great, interesting enemy, great story, exploring history/technology/motives of the most powerful races. Especially S9 was great, fighting unstoppable enemy, SG-1 didn't save the day very often.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      gyus, let's make a pool I have a question for you all

Why did you become anti's ?
      Writers lack of respect for the most basic laws of physics, replacing two great characters with an overgrown sissy-toy and a whining baby, 'Rodney and John ranting/whining parade', very little character development, riping-off of my favorite video-games in the most insulting way, the Wraith themselves have become sissy-toys (The Wraith in S1 were undefeatable, now they go to the ground after five bullets), The Replicators are not even nearly as bad as they used to be on SG-1

Arfe you making statistics, g. o. d.?

Comment

I've had anti-feelings regarding SGA since season 2, but yeah, ditching two great original characters 'cause TPTB admittedly can't/don't want to/are too lazy to write for them was the final straw.
        sigpic

Comment

Why did I become an anti?

Well, I've been sick of John and Rodney show, it was always them saving the day. Rodney's whining made me hate the character in season 3. Underusage of at least 3 characters. Omgawesomecgieffectexplosionskaboom at the expense of character development and team relationship, focusing only on Shep's team, lack of city exploration, pointless deaths, immature writing, plot inconsistency TPTB attitude towards fans...and countless more stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            Arfe you making statistics, g. o. d.?
            no, but you can I'm too lazy
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BerrySciFi View Post
              A 4.2? Interesting. I wonder what the "+DVR" rating will be? It seems to make all the difference. Haha
              I thought that was no longer possible. I guess if you make a show people want to watch, they'll tune in. Who knew?

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
              Well, that shows that it's a crock to say that people just aren't watching tv, or aren't watching scifi as much. It just shows that people will watch something they expect to be a quality production, but won't touch anything else with a ten foot pole.

What are the latest SGA ratings? Was there anything that came out after the 1 that came after the point-9?

I really don't understand when it's there for them to see for themselves, why they won't acknowledge that the season 4 experiment of getting rid of popular characters and replacing them with bland or annoying characters hasn't worked. It's like they either don't care, or they refuse to admit they were wrong.

Just give us back our season three cast, for crying out loud.

And all these people saying that season 4 is the best -- have they actually watched the others? IMO, season one was the best. It all started going down hill once they forgot who the characters were, went for plot and just slotted the character traits in to fit it, and got them back in contact with earth.

Blah.
              What she said. I think The Seer got a 1.1. Ratings are soaring.

Pure and simple. I became semi-anti because they fired Torri and brought in Amanda to play her role. I have become more anti because of boring execution of potentially interesting stories. No suspense, no surprises, characters who seem to have undergone a metamorphosis since S3 and stupid story lines like the Teyla pregnancy. I continue to be baffled on a weekly basis that so many people think this is the best season evah. The only highlights for me have been the moments when JF has shown us that he belongs on a real TV show not a poorly written SciFi cliche.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

A 4.2 rating for Tin Man - See, if people really want to see something life, they will, and won't DVR to watch it later in the week.

The only reason I tape something is when I really want to see it but when I already have other plans. And I skip through the commercials when I watch it, cause booooring and terribly annoying. I mean, Sateda was on TV sunday and commercials started right after the intro. That was 5 minutes into the episode. If my cousin had brought my season 3 DVD's back I would have popped in my DVD.

I walked in the middle of the road... For quite a while I was semi-anti, semi-pro. Then I started leaning towards anti when more news became available. And it all ended in me becoming 95% anti and 5% pro. Not sure how long I can prevent that 5% from slipping to the dark side too.

* Sheppard/McKay show
                * replacing Weir with Carter
                * killing Kate -> a turning point in my anti-ness and the birth of the 95%, and I'm still very bitter and very PO
                * Where are Teyla and Ronon?
                * no exploration of the city
                * connecting to Earth every other episode
                * dumping ground for SG1 -> characters and stories
                * the loss of Carson
                * the writing in season 4
                * Where are the Wraith?
                * Kirk is back -> not sure he ever left
                * What characterdevelopment?
                * Teyla has an arc... Really? Where?
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  A 4.2 rating for Tin Man - See, if people really want to see something life, they will, and won't DVR to watch it later in the week.

The only reason I tape something is when I really want to see it but when I already have other plans. And I skip through the commercials when I watch it, cause booooring and terribly annoying. I mean, Sateda was on TV sunday and commercials started right after the intro. That was 5 minutes into the episode. If my cousin had brought my season 3 DVD's back I would have popped in my DVD.

I walked in the middle of the road... For quite a while I was semi-anti, semi-pro. Then I started leaning towards anti when more news became available. And it all ended in me becoming 95% anti and 5% pro. Not sure how long I can prevent that 5% from slipping to the dark side too.

* Sheppard/McKay show
                  * replacing Weir with Carter
                  * killing Kate -> a turning point in my anti-ness and the birth of the 95%, and I'm still very bitter and very PO
                  * Where are Teyla and Ronon?
                  * no exploration of the city
                  * connecting to Earth every other episode
                  * dumping ground for SG1 -> characters and stories
                  * the loss of Carson
                  * the writing in season 4
                  * Where are the Wraith?
                  * Kirk is back -> not sure he ever left
                  * What characterdevelopment?
                  * Teyla has an arc... Really? Where?
                  You do know how this will be spinned don't you? Just saying ...
                  sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                    This was the first episode of the series and the next one will have 0.8?

Comment

I became semi-anti when they replaced Elizabeth. The rehashed story lines stolen from every other sci-fi/games are not helping me either. Butchering once lovable characters Walter/Dr. Lee is another issue. Not using the left over cast Teyla/Ronon other than as door stopper also is included in this list.
                      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                        Right. Also that they advertised the crap out of it. That there is nothing better to watch on Sunday night (isn't that when it premiered?).
                        sig made by me

Comment

Right. Also that they advertised the crap out of it. That there is nothing better to watch on Sunday night (isn't that when it premiered?).
                          Dunno, I don't live in the States.

Comment

Unfortunately yes... which is really sad. Though all I see is the 4.2 rating.

Originally posted by dana View Post
                            Dropping from a 4.2 to something below zero would mean it sucked beyond belief in the first place. I have yet to see reviews, but the few things I heard so far were good.

That I heard. What else is on on a Sunday evening?

Over here we have Stargate SG1 (rerurns) & Atlantis (season 3), Gilmore Girls, NCIS, CSI: Miami, 24 (2 episodes back to back)... Sunday evening is full of great shows.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

the only competition tinman had sunday night was a hallmark hall of fame movie, despereate housewives and football.

on friday nights, sga competes against
                              Numbers
                              las vegas (both in its timeslot)
                              and a killer line up of ghost whisperer, moonlight and some otehr well watchedshows.

the networks all have strong friday nights while sunday is pretty much crap on the network side. the only night that's worse is saturday where there's no original programming at all from the nets, just reruns from earlier in the week
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Unfortunately yes... which is really sad. Though all I see is the 4.2 rating.
                                Dropping from a 4.2 to something below zero would mean it sucked beyond belief in the first place. I have yet to see reviews, but the few things I heard so far were good.
                                That I heard. What else is on on a Sunday evening?

Over here we have Stargate SG1 (rerurns) & Atlantis (season 3), Gilmore Girls, NCIS, CSI: Miami, 24 (2 episodes back to back)... Sunday evening is full of great shows.
                                There was brand new Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Cold Case, 24 ... So yes, there was NOTHING to watch that night.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X