Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    Spoiler:
    Who is Wallace?
    Spoiler:

The big bad wolf...i hope i got his name right...*blush*

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      No it's not just you

Spoiler:
      This was a ethically wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        Spoiler:
        Rodney realises he cannot finish work in time to save his sister so he asks for help. Our Wraith from "Common Ground" comes to the SGC and things advance rapidly with Rodney paying attention and learning about the code. At one point, our Wraith collapses. He cannot work anymore without being fed. The pace requires him to feed. Rodney goes to Sheppard and tells him that he should be the one "served' to the Wraith. Sheppard, goes all chain of command on him and explains he cannot do that. As his usual self, Sheppard finds another option. He goes and talks to Wallace. Sheppard presents the situation and Wallace ends up sacrificing his life to save Rodney's sister.

Spoiler:
        Why a life for a life? Why not a different solution? I mean the poor guy only wanted for his daughter to live...I know he had nothing else to live for but still the end is very very bitter. It wasn't supposed to end like this...Okay Jeannie is saved but...the price?
        Spoiler:
        Actually, the "life for a life" is somewhat more realistic than happy ending, because it explains that nothing comes for free, and that sometimes sacrifices have to be made. But when the plot isn't strong enough, the ending just doesn't fit, and it sounds terribly convenient, especially since this Wallace guy looks like a red-shirt in civvies. Poor Steven...everywhere he goes, he gets majorly whumped or killed.

I also agree with Integrabyte
        Spoiler:
        Some kind of sacrifices on Stargate always come from someone else

I have to thank tptb for the amazing amount of screentime Teyla's been getting. This episode was yet another evidence of how different things are this year.

Comment

Spoiler:

The big bad wolf...i hope i got his name right...*blush*
          Still, no idea, is it a season 4 thing?, 'cause I have watched a season 4 episode, and I'm not planning to.

Comment

Still, no idea, is it a season 4 thing?, 'cause I have watched a season 4 episode, and I'm not planning to.

Uhmm...yeah it is the latest S4 Episode. Miller's Crossing....

Comment

Spoiler:
              Who is Wallace?
              If I remember, the guy of the same surname was Elizabeth's ex. Otherwise some guy in Miller's Crossing who
              Spoiler:
              got fed on by a Wraith

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                If I remember, the guy of the same surname was Elizabeth's ex. Otherwise some guy in Miller's Crossing who
                Spoiler:
                got fed on by a Wraith
                Yeah, Simon, the one with the awful haircut. *shudder*

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                  Yes, we can all
                  Spoiler:
                  push others to kill themselves because they "deserve it".

The worst was probably that scene between Ronon and Walter, which was embarrassingly bad.

Dang, this show has really gone bad.
                  Spoiler:
                  wouldn't shep be guilty of mansluaghter by manipulating someone not in thier right frame of mind. I would have rather had jenny die as a result of Rodney's crap--instead he buys her a car out of guilt--please!

You know--Ronin really was just furniture in this ep and I have no idea why he even came to earth. In a missing persona's ep...why would an alien from another galaxy be part of the investigation?

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  He's a fictional character.
                  Reall? I never would have figured that out on my own--man I must be stupid.

I lost "respect" for the character--not the actor.

The character is supposed to represent Atlantis in this ep because Carter sent him along with McKay to investigate a kidnapping. (Tech Shep wasn't supposed to be investigating anything either. The Air Force has their own investigating unit that should have been sent. Only McKay should have come back to Earth.

Shep is a fictional character but he's supposed to represent more than just a character in the story. He's supposed to be a main character--not just some colonel.

So?, some people want to shag him (count me in ) and marry him, even if he's a fictional character, if he can be loved in spite of being a fictional character then he can be hated too.
                  Do you want to shag Joe or shep? There is a difference.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Is it just me or are the plots more and more stupid
                  not just you.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Agreed. But respected? Hmmm
                  Why is respect not applicable in my statement? You respect jesus and god, right? What proof do you have that jesus and god exist? You don't--just faith that they do. So is it possible to respect a character or being that may or may not exist? Obviously yes.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    Do you want to shag Joe or shep? There is a difference.
                    Sheppard, *shrug* weirder things have happened, like feeling attracted to an anime character, at least Shep is flesh and blood, even if he doesn't exist either.

ETA: Except that isn't really weird, at least to me, but then when I was a little girl my first crushes were a giant robot from outer space and a hobbit.

Comment

Sheppard, *shrug* weirder things have happened, like feeling attracted to an anime character, at least Shep is flesh and blood, even if he doesn't exist either.
                      ...need a room?

Comment

...need a room?
                        Gah! I wish.

Comment

ETA: Except that isn't really weird, at least to me, but then when I was a little girl my first crushes were a giant robot from outer space and a hobbit.
                          You should go to the Sheppard thunk thread and get yourself a clone

Comment

I found it interesting that
                            Spoiler:
                            Shep was willing to convince Wallace to kill himself (and a particularly unpleasant way to die at that) just to save Jeanie. Not Rodney, which I can understand, but Jeanie. I can see Shep doing anything to save his team, but family members of his team? Not so convinced.

I'll be surprised if Shep's actions are mentioned again. Nope, just make some pathetic attempt to discuss it at the end and then run off for sandwiches. TPTB's definition of dark must be "have the characters do something morally questionable, but have no one call them on their actions and have said actions never mentioned again." Yeah.

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                            I have to thank tptb for the amazing amount of screentime Teyla's been getting. This episode was yet another evidence of how different things are this year.
                            Guess one ep playing babysitter and a running arc consisting of her womb is enough development, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              I found it interesting that
                              Spoiler:
                              Shep was willing to convince Wallace to kill himself (and a particularly unpleasant way to die at that) just to save Jeanie. Not Rodney, which I can understand, but Jeanie. I can see Shep doing anything to save his team, but family members of his team? Not so convinced.

I'll be surprised if Shep's actions are mentioned again. Nope, just make some pathetic attempt to discuss it at the end and then run off for sandwiches. TPTB's definition of dark must be "have the characters do something morally questionable, but have no one call them on their actions and have said actions never mentioned again." Yeah.

Guess one ep playing babysitter and a running arc consisting of her womb is enough development, huh?

...at the end of the day...she is a backup singer...

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                You should go to the Sheppard thunk thread and get yourself a clone
                                I haven't been to the thunk thread in months, I used to spend all my time at GW there and at the S/W thread, but somehow when I stopped watching I felt like I'd handed my fan-card in, don't know how to explain it.

As if I lost my wish to ship and thunk, and any joy I got from the show is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X