Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this gutfeeling that Atlantis will get a season 5. The ratings may be rather low to say the least but I think Sci Fi is going to give TPTB carte blanche to write another season (Briangate78 must be rubbing some of his optimism off on me).

If they don't then I would feel really sorry for the actors (minus one) and I hope they can move on to bigger and better, cause they absolutely deserve it, all of them (minus one).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I have this gutfeeling that Atlantis will get a season 5. The ratings may be rather low to say the least but I think Sci Fi is going to give TPTB carte blanche to write another season (Briangate78 must be rubbing some of his optimism off on me).

If they don't then I would feel really sorry for the actors (minus one) and I hope they can move on to bigger and better, cause they absolutely deserve it, all of them (minus one).
      I won't feel sorry for the cast or PTBs 'cause I'm sure they'll get other works, I'm much more worried about the crew...

Comment

I have always believed that they would get a season 5... only because sci-fi doesn't have much else to offer. It's an easy show to do, and pulls in a decent amount of viewers. Too bad the show runners had to tick off so many people.

Oh well, at the end of the day my opinion matters not.
        sig made by me

Comment

Season 4 is irritating me for another reason. It's so awful that I can't be bothered d/l it. Which means that I'm generally unaware of what happens until other people rant about it. Which means that I can't offer an informed rant on the subject. It almost makes me want to watch the eps just so I can criticize them after...but no, still can't be bothered.
          'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
          will scorch my pride, scar my heart
          It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
          Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
            I won't feel sorry for the cast or PTBs 'cause I'm sure they'll get other works, I'm much more worried about the crew...
            The cast and crew have my sympathies, but not TPTB. Sorry, but I'd rather TPTB-police arrested them and gave them a life-time sentence, meaning never to write anything ever again.

Comment

The cast and crew have my sympathies, but not TPTB. Sorry, but I'd rather TPTB-police arrested them and gave them a life-time sentence, meaning never to write anything ever again.
              that just made me giggle. Nothing important to add.
              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                i think the ratings show how far Atlantis has fallen.
                Yep, and the ratings refer to the season premiere and its sequel. Let's see how the fillers perform. :|

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                I still think that if someone doesn't bother watching the show live, then things are not so good. It means that they have something better to do than watching SGA. But hey, that's my opinion.
                Has Sci Fi posted the DVR ratings for any of its shows? I don't think so. They've posted the live ratings, though. This DVR thing is something new. It will probably take some time before the suits use it in their decision-making process.

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                hi thanks for the warm welcomes. i didn't like the sound of weir leaving, carson leaving and bring in carter before season 4 started but every episode so far has been proof that TPTB has been stupid and a disappointment. i just don't care about what happens next week. i used to rush home to watch it.
                Same here. The thrill is gone.
                sigpic

Comment

TIVO's most recorded shows for last week:

http://www3-beta.tivo.com/tivo-tco/t...w25=seasonpass

Hmmm. Don't see SGA there. Funny, SG1 and SGA used to both have regular spots in the top 20 last season.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

Hmmm. Don't see SGA there. Funny, SG1 and SGA used to both have regular spots in the top 20 last season.
                    Don't worry I'm sure TPTBs will spin this too and next season they'll take into account torrent popularity too...

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

*cough* I thought Sci-fi was the highest tivo'd channel? It's not on that list ... at all!
                      sig made by me

Comment

Don't worry I'm sure TPTBs will spin this too and next season they'll take into account torrent popularity too...
                        That would send a lot of shows into 10. scoring, even those which have been long cancelled (Firefly would be back).

Comment

That would send a lot of shows into 10. scoring, even those which have been long cancelled (Firefly would be back).
                          Speaking of Firefly I absolutely loved Jewel and Morena as Kaylee and Inara but I hate them as Keller and Adria.

Comment

Speaking of Firefly I absolutely loved Jewel and Morena as Kaylee and Inara but I hate them as Keller and Adria.
                            I prefer Kaylee over Keller, but goddess Adria is so totally the opposite of Inara that I can't find anything about her not to love. Morena would slap Adria across the face and hug Inara though. (it was a Q&A question at S'Infinity)

Comment

Funny, because I know lots of fans who loved Claudia and Ben as Aeryn and Crichton but disliked them as Vala and Mitchell. Pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                                I still think that if someone doesn't bother watching the show live, then things are not so good. It means that they have something better to do than watching SGA. But hey, that's my opinion.
                                Some of us use it to record shows when we're at work (Still haven't watched Lifeline yet) to watch when we get home or to stick on DVD if it's a particularly favourite episode or to stick the new series of something on DVD, like I did with Dr Who's 3 series

Comment

Working...
                                X