Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post

LOL, where are the Carter/SG-1 fans?
    That's just sad. Are they proud of the fact that their highest rating is 1.5? Didn't SciFi friday always brought above 2.0 ratings?
    No I will never shut up about SciFi friday because that was the greatest TV thing ever.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    For the pro-Weir folks on the thread, I'm just curious: Do you really want her to come back? Seriously? Look at how the character was treated on the show while she was there. Do you honestly think TPTB would do better the second time around? Do you think they'd treat her right? Develop her in a way that makes sense? Give her any significant material at all?

I remember when Jonas was written off SG-1 I was furious as hell, but after I had time to calm down I realized I didn't want him to come back because it'd only provide another opportunity for TPTB to mistreat the character and I loved him too much to want that.

I don't want that for Weir, either. TPTB had their chance already and they squandered it. Worse, they squandered Torri. I would MUCH rather see Torri go on to a role where she's allowed to flex her acting muscles and where TPTB will not only appreciate what they have, but utilize the opportunity. Ditto Carson/Paul McGillion. TPTB have proven to me they can't do justice to their characters or the actors behind them, so I say best of luck to the actors in their new endeavors.

As for the significance (or lack thereof) to the "bump" in ratings... since when has reality ever had anything to do with fandom? Or TPTB for that matter?
    Nope I would not want her to come back to SGA. Coming back would be like being friends with people who treat you like crap.. No one wants that. I'd much rather see her on some other awesome show.

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
      Speaking of Firefly I absolutely loved Jewel and Morena as Kaylee and Inara but I hate them as Keller and Adria.
      Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      Funny, because I know lots of fans who loved Claudia and Ben as Aeryn and Crichton but disliked them as Vala and Mitchell. Pattern?
      Gosh, I so agree there! These casts were ridiculous!!! I'm primarily a StarGate/StarTrek fan, but I've watched and liked both Firefly and Farscape - and including these actors in SG1/SGA made me DISLIKE Stargate. I know that TPTB, in their infinite wisdom, are trying to lure other fandoms to Stargate, but they failed miserably in my case! Another example of the producers not knowing much about what their fans want.
      Last edited by BoyNamedSue; 23 October 2007, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNamedSue View Post
        Gosh, I so agree there! These casts were ridiculous!!! I'm primarily a StarGate/StarTrek fan, but I've watched and liked both Firefly and Farscape - and including these actors in SG1/SGA made me DISLIKE Stargate. I know that TPTB, in their infinite wisdom, are trying to lure other fandoms to Stargate, but they failed miserably in my case! Another example of the producers not knowing much about what their fans want.
        May I offer a warm welcome to this thread and say I absolutely love your screen name! A Cash Fan?
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
          No I will never shut up about SciFi friday because that was the greatest TV thing ever.
          SciFi Fridays were legendary!

Mmm, I sound like Barney from How I Met Your Mother...weird.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I didn't see Farscape until I saw Stargate SG-1 and I love love both Vala and Mitchell so I am in minority here but to get back on topic what is irritating me is there was no need to dump Weir and Beckett it hasn't helped them from what I can see only hurt them.
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              Some of us use it to record shows when we're at work (Still haven't watched Lifeline yet) to watch when we get home or to stick on DVD if it's a particularly favourite episode or to stick the new series of something on DVD, like I did with Dr Who's 3 series
              I don't have TiVo, but I've always used my VCR to tape shows when I was out, and I have several of my favorite series on tape (not every episode, though), but when it wasn't absolutely necessary for me to be somewhere else (i.e work, like you said), I'd always watch live.

So that's my point. If you could watch it live, but you don't, then you're not that interested anymore.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              Funny, because I know lots of fans who loved Claudia and Ben as Aeryn and Crichton but disliked them as Vala and Mitchell. Pattern?
              Disliked the characters or the actor's portrayals of them? There's a difference

Not hiding that Vala's all about Claudia's acting for me. If they had cast someone else, I probably wouldn't have stuck around till the end.

I didn't really warm up to Ben (I liked him, but didn't appreciate him as an actor as I do now) until I started watching FS, but the poor man wasn't given much to work with. *sporks tptb*

But yes, I had no idea of who they were when they joined SG1 (feel free to mock me about this, but when people started talking about CB in SG1 on LJ, I seriously freaked out for a while thinking it was Catherine Bell! Heaven forbid)

I've never watched Firefly, but I liked Morena in SG1. Adria unfortunately suffered from the same bad bout of 'bad characterization' that got her mother and the Tau'ri, but the premises for the character were good, and I have nothing negative to say about her acting.

Comment

I had no idea who CB or BB were when they came to SG1. But goddess, I fell in love with Vala so fast... For me she completely saved that show.

I started watching Farscape because I was about to meet Gigi Edgley on a convention and I wanted to know who she was. And I loved the show from the start. Too bad I have no idea where to find decent prized DVD's of this show.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                  So that's my point. If you could watch it live, but you don't, then you're not that interested anymore.
                  The thing is is I work 6 days on, 6 days off so I can only watch a show 'Live' once every 2 weeks so it's a lot easier for me to set the series link than to programme it every time I'm going to be working and just delete the one's I watched live

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I had no idea who CB or BB were when they came to SG1. But goddess, I fell in love with Vala so fast... For me she completely saved that show.
                    She knocked my socks off (no pun intended) in the first 5 minutes she was on screen. *luffs*

I started watching Farscape because I was about to meet Gigi Edgley on a convention and I wanted to know who she was. And I loved the show from the start. Too bad I have no idea where to find decent prized DVD's of this show.
                    Us mortals have the same chance of finding decent prized DVD's of Farscape as tptb to write some good character developement.

Also, Gigi Edgley? Made of awesome. Farscape has the best ensemble I've ever seen.

Something on topic - Season 4 sucks!!! *waves stinky socks*

Comment

I've given into the inevitable, I've deleted Atlantis from my Sky+ I can't be @ssed anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        I've given into the inevitable, I've deleted Atlantis from my Sky+ I can't be @ssed anymore
                        Another step towards freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I freaking adore! Farscape! Love it love it!

i have only watch maybe 2-3 episodes of SG1 with ben and claudia... it seemed okay
                          i would kill for the farscape dvds but i can't afford it *sob*
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                            I freaking adore! Farscape! Love it love it!

i have only watch maybe 2-3 episodes of SG1 with ben and claudia... it seemed okay
                            i would kill for the farscape dvds but i can't afford it *sob*
                            I was a late comer as far as Farscape is concerned. I didn't start watching until after it was cancelled. LOL. I happened to catch a marathon on SciFi and was hooked immediately. Now I can catch it now and then in syndication. I actually tried to watch an episode of SG1 after I read that BB and CB had joined the cast, but I just couldn't get into it. Oh well.
                            Last edited by nowvoyager908; 23 October 2007, 06:02 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              I was a late comer as far as Farscape is concerned. I didn't start watching until after it was cancelled. LOL. I happened to catch a marathon on SciFi and was hooked immediately. Now I can catch it now and then in syndication. I actually tried to watch an episode of SG1 after I read that BB and CB had joined the cast, but I just couldn't get into it. Oh well.
                              well Canada always seems a bit behind on viewing so
                              i started watched in Farscape as soon as the Space channel
                              was showing it and it got canceled when i was in the middle of season 2

it was cool though when i went to comic con i got to see them when they were just promoting peacekeeper wars... its was brilliant

but hehe i was a bit of a doughhead... i wasn't really in to stargate at the time.. i liked it but hadn't scene a new episode in about 2 years...
                              went to the panel... even got to ask mike and chris about andromeda... hehe but then they were advertising the new show.. which i wouldn't see for another 2 years so i was like m'eh

hehe then after i became a fan i wanted to shoot myself lol ....
                              lucky some of my friends stayed and got pics hehe

but now seeing whats happened its a little less painful
                              still it was would have been nice to see torri and david, rachel and the lovely joe.
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNamedSue View Post

ITA. In trying to lure other fandoms to Atlantis, I think TPTB forgot that their first priority should have been the fans who were already watching Atlantis (ya think). How do you keep your current fanbase happy? Certainly not by ditching two popular existing characters. At least, not if you want to keep producing your show for a good long time.

Beckett was made main cast because of his popularity. Based on that, what would have made anyone think that killing him off was a good idea. Temporary insanity? A death wish?

And don't even get me started on what they did to Weir.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X