Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen the ep yet but wait, didn't we do the whole "city goes on lockdown" storyline back in Hot Zone? Why in the hell do we have to retread that? Boring. Stop recycling ideas from your own damn show, PTB.

Here's what's going to happen, mark my words:

-something bad happens, city closes down
    -people are trapped together OMG!!!11!!
    -there will likely be Ronon/Keller flirting or more, blech
    -Rodney/Katie interactions, most likely featuring bumbling!Rodney
    -the problem is solved, big reset button is pushed for the next ep

*yawn*

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I think Harmony will be the low point of Season 4.5
      same here sounds boring ....just carrying guns and following some girl round
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        I haven't seen the ep yet but wait, didn't we do the whole "city goes on lockdown" storyline back in Hot Zone? Why in the hell do we have to retread that? Boring. Stop recycling ideas from your own damn show, PTB.

Here's what's going to happen, mark my words:

-something bad happens, city closes down
        -people are trapped together OMG!!!11!!
        -there will likely be Ronon/Keller flirting or more, blech
        -Rodney/Katie interactions, most likely featuring bumbling!Rodney
        -the problem is solved, big reset button is pushed for the next ep

*yawn*
        As someone who just watched it...you're right on the money.

Also
        Spoiler:
        I lost 20 stinky socks because Katie did not die. Though it looks like the relationship might have ended, which I find somewhat unbelievable. I mean, Katie doesn't know McKay well enough by now to realize he panics and is despairing under stress? C'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post

Also
          Spoiler:
          I lost 20 stinky socks because Katie did not die. Though it looks like the relationship might have ended, which I find somewhat unbelievable. I mean, Katie doesn't know McKay well enough by now to realize he panics and is despairing under stress? C'mon.
          If mentioned relationship is truly over, I think a certain character is as good as dead, but since nobody died on-screen, it means justhere and RP won a lot of stinky socks today. Congrats!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post

Also
            Spoiler:
            C'mon indeed! How pathetic
            Spoiler:
            if this is the first time Katie realised what Rodney was like, where the frak has she been for three seasons!? Good grief... no wonder I can't stand her she is clueless!

Just when I think I can't be more Anti this show
            Spoiler:
            they let her live.

Comment

Quarantine.

Bad. Really, really bad.

Next week looks even worse.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

In general I liked Quarantine, but that is for another thread.

But, a few things bugged me, and since this is the Anti place here are some anti thoughts:

Spoiler:
                1. So Keller is a child prodigy who got her BS at 18. I still don’t get how that gives her enough time to graduate medical school, go through internship, residency and establish enough of a reputation to get recruited into the Stargate program? Did they recruit her straight out of med school, and she’s doing a combined internship/Chief Medical Officer program on Atlantis? And a prodigy in what, exactly? How has that genius shown itself? I mean Beckett had the gene and was a brilliant geneticist, but Keller doesn’t have the gene and, well, I guess she sutures wounds OK, but WHAT?

2. And why, oh, why is McKay (one of my favorite characters) back to square one with the defeatism and emotional immaturity and, and, and … It seems to me they have been trying to have him grow throughout the years, but pressing the rewind button and sending him back to this level of whiniosity is just cruel.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  I think no one is safe in this show except for McKay (maybe). The question is, will TPTB have enough time to kill them all?

*tick, tick, tick...*
                  Yep, they do.
                  Spoiler:
                  Everyone dies in the last episode of the season! Except Shep, who has that handy dandy little re-set button.

Now, if they would only re-set the show back to season 3 just before Carson's fateful visit from E.T....
                  sigpic
                  sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Wow, this ep sucked. Really, really sucked. As in "I feel bad for whoever wrote this pile of crap" sucked. From Rodney to Katie to Ronon to Keller to the boring as hell story itself. Sucked.

If there is anyone here who is on the fence over watching it or not, may I give you a gentle SHOVE in the "HELL NO!" direction.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      Wow, this ep sucked. Really, really sucked. As in "I feel bad for whoever wrote this pile of crap" sucked. From Rodney to Katie to Ronon to Keller to the boring as hell story itself. Sucked.

If there is anyone here who is on the fence over watching it or not, may I give you a gentle SHOVE in the "HELL NO!" direction.
                      It was Carl Binder. Too bad I usually love his episodes.

Also wee I won socks. lol.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        In general I liked Quarantine, but that is for another thread.

But, a few things bugged me, and since this is the Anti place here are some anti thoughts:

Spoiler:
                        1. So Keller is a child prodigy who got her BS at 18. I still don’t get how that gives her enough time to graduate medical school, go through internship, residency and establish enough of a reputation to get recruited into the Stargate program? Did they recruit her straight out of med school, and she’s doing a combined internship/Chief Medical Officer program on Atlantis? And a prodigy in what, exactly? How has that genius shown itself? I mean Beckett had the gene and was a brilliant geneticist, but Keller doesn’t have the gene and, well, I guess she sutures wounds OK, but WHAT?

2. And why, oh, why is McKay (one of my favorite characters) back to square one with the defeatism and emotional immaturity and, and, and … It seems to me they have been trying to have him grow throughout the years, but pressing the rewind button and sending him back to this level of whiniosity is just cruel.
                        In response
                        Spoiler:
                        to
                        1. It doesn't. I already knew she was a child prodigy....so what? It's the training and experience she would need to have which she doesn't which has always been the major problem with the concept of this character. But people are jumping onto the child prodigy aspect like that solves anything....um...no. If she were in another field rather than one which demands on-hands training, okay....but not medicine.

Yeah...she's doing a combined internship/CMO program.

2. I agree. I felt as if Rodney actually regressed to a time prior to his arrival on Atlantis.

To add more of my own anti sentiment
                        Spoiler:

I think the Keller character is worthless. I found her scenes with Ronon to be awkward and boring. I see no chemistry, just forced shipping. I lost Beckett to put up with this crap.

My husband commented on how convenient it was for all guy/girl combos to end up isolated together.

Teyla climbing out on the ledge was inexplicable.

Notice that it was Zelenka to make a mistake in Carter's presence rather than the other way around. (Glad he got to save the day....he was one of the best parts to the episode.)

Comment

That was a Binder ep? Well that's depressing. After that and Missing it really feels like he's lost something now that he can't write for Weir anymore.

Also, I blame Binder for perpetuating Keller's "wah poor me" crap that she pulls. Either he needs to give up writing her or he needs to start writing her as far less whiny.

Comment

Hmm, I still think Carl Binder's Critical Mass is one of the worst episodes so I am not the least bit surprised he churned out what looks like a bad ep and a bad episode for Rodney as I don't think he even knows Rodney's character, well not if CM is any gauge.

Dam I haven't been this pissed off by an episode I haven't watched since The Tower.

Martin Gero all is forgiven. Nah only kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                              Yep, they do.
                              Spoiler:
                              Everyone dies in the last episode of the season! Except Shep, who has that handy dandy little re-set button.

Now, if they would only re-set the show back to season 3 just before Carson's fateful visit from E.T....
                              I wish that as well.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                              It was Carl Binder. Too bad I usually love his episodes.

Also wee I won socks. lol.
                              Man, I usually like his episodes too. I didn't care much for Missing this year either. That's depressing that he wrote this one.

Comment

I watched Before I Sleep after Quarantine since my husband is new to SGA and we are going through the series together on the dvds he got me for Christmas. I could just weep at the contrast.

I miss those characters.

Maybe Carl can't write for Keller because he doesn't believe in her. I certainly don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X