Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Weir will take it (the baby) back to Earth when she leaves. Or Carson turns up and takes it. Maybe Weir and Carson turn up together and take it! Or Weir/Carson/Ford/Jonas turn up and....

Comment

i have a serious problem staying away from the season 4 threads...
      man its like watching a train wreck... so horrible but i can't look away.
      Last edited by parisindy; 30 April 2007, 11:22 PM.
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        i have a serious problem staying away from the season 4 threads...
        man its like watching a train wreck... so horrible but i can't look away.
        In a very wrong way, it's actually quite fun to watch and read it.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OK, again, I am not entire S4 person. I will watch and I am even looking forward to it. I like the "dark continual story"...well, I am not sure they can do it but I have to wait.
          Annoying is how everywhere is only Carter I mean, S4 should be about all characters but so far I see is about "what uniform Carter has" "what hair she has"...it didn´t start yet and she takes all place
          It is the only one thing that really annoys me...and I am saying that again, I don´t want here there. Amanda looks nice and all, but Carter doesn´t fit into Atlantis.
          Erm, sorry for jumping into your discussion about Teyla I am little OT

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
            OK, again, I am not entire S4 person. I will watch and I am even looking forward to it. I like the "dark continual story"...well, I am not sure they can do it but I have to wait.
            Annoying is how everywhere is only Carter I mean, S4 should be about all characters but so far I see is about "what uniform Carter has" "what hair she has"...it didn´t start yet and she takes all place
            It is the only one thing that really annoys me...and I am saying that again, I don´t want here there. Amanda looks nice and all, but Carter doesn´t fit into Atlantis.
            Exactly how I feel... And did you see the ratings for the episodes this week. Lucius Lavin beat Carter.

Comment

I liked this SG1 episode bc of Rodney. They didn´t make fool from him around Carter like e.g. in Pegasus Project. I hope they won´t do it in new season as well.
              Yeah, annoying Lucius beat Carter Funny. I hate this guy but I am glad that ratings for SGA improved a little. It certainly needs it more than SG1 this year. And S3 is also the last in "normal" way. Next year will be very different . I really don´t mind dark tone or contiual story. I like the thought...just the Carter ruins it everything.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                no-not OT-this is where you get to discuss why you feel the way you do.

I am a "Sam fan" and I believe you are wrong about her character and what it will do to the show-but you are quite entitled to how you are feeling.

Personally I think they messed up the characters in that show big time-between kirking Shep and making Wier ineffective-there have been several scenes where Shep has totally disregarded her authority-she is supposed to be "large" and "in charge" and yet he runs rings around her and her character only looks disapproving but does nothing about it.

I am hoping that Sam will be in charge and force Shep into being a professional-but I don't hold out much hope for any prefessional anything at this time.

sad too.
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

How does that ^^ relate to being anti-season 4?

It seems to me you are pro-season 4 with the coming of Carter. I don't mind you meddling in the affairs of us anti's or semi-anti's, but don't expect us to agree with Carter being in charge and Sheppard being put in his place (quite frankly he should be put in his place but not by Carter).

Comment

i never expected you to agree or disagree with me on whether Carter should be there or not-nor do I expect you to agree or disagree with me on whether Shep ought to be put in his place or by who(m)-i only commented on her feelings about Carter and then put in my two cents worth about the characters as I see them presently on Atlantis.

if you choose to see my being pro-carter as pro-4-knock yourself out
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                      i never expected you to agree or disagree with me on whether Carter should be there or not-nor do I expect you to agree or disagree with me on whether Shep ought to be put in his place or by who(m)-i only commented on her feelings about Carter and then put in my two cents worth about the characters as I see them presently on Atlantis.
                      Okay...

if you choose to see my being pro-carter as pro-4-knock yourself out
                      No intention to knock myself out, have to work on my fic from hell.

But there's a point...
                      When one is pro-Carter, does that mean one is also pro-season 4?

Comment

not necessarily

Comment

I agree with the Weir-Sheppard thing that Sheppard often doesn´t care what Weir says. And she has too often done what he said her to do.
                          But my problem is that Carter had no character or develepment in 10 years. She was still the same. Now instead of working with characters they have in SGA, they sent two away and gave there 10-year same character who had plenty of screen time.

Comment

there are a number of people-including myself-that are not happy with losing Wier and Beckett-and for the life of me i have no idea why they sent Carter to Atlantis and not Daniel who had wanted to go.

it could be actor availability or contractual issues or who the he** knows-but quite seriously there are issues with character development on that show (In my not so humble,,,)but who knows.

Comment

there are a number of people-including myself-that are not happy with losing Wier and Beckett-and for the life of me i have no idea why they sent Carter to Atlantis and not Daniel who had wanted to go.
                              I'm pretty sure if Daniel had gone to Atlantis I (and my sister) would have most definitely turned SGA off. I really, really can't stand the guy. I have no problem with season 1 to 5 Daniel, but I do with s7 to 10. Although, I do prefer it if he's with Vala, he seems less annoying.

I think I could get used to seeing Carter in season 4 but please let it just be this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I have no problem with season 1 to 5 Daniel, but I do with s7 to 10.
                                In all honesty, I've had problems with Daniel since he ceased being a nerd... When was that? Season 2, 3? Aww, I don't remember. I have to watch the earlier seasons of SG-1 again sometime.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I think I could get used to seeing Carter in season 4 but please let it just be this season.
                                Me too, but as an addition to SGA, not as a Dr. Weir replacement.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X