Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the older/cranky doctor idea. If Carson had to go (I don't think that was the case either), at least bring someone who won't go unnoticed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's my personal fic from hell, and let me think... yes, there is Shep whump and I had great fun writing it too.

Ellia
      ellia thats it..gads she was annoying imho, glad shep shot her hehe

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      I agree with the older/cranky doctor idea. If Carson had to go (I don't think that was the case either), at least bring someone who won't go unnoticed.
      i don't think she will go unnoticed cause i mean she already grates on my nerves like crazy but i would have liked to see someone who was more pauls equal...not that thats possible
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
        Just hold on and do your thing, don't let them win. We have as much right to feel let down by tptb and hate the show as it's shaping up to be as they have the right to be excited about it.
        Amen to that!
        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
          Amen to that!
          i'm so tired of their gloating, our show is ruined and they are celebrating its totally not cool
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            i'm so tired of their gloating, our show is ruined and they are celebrating its totally not cool

It's sad isn't it, you would think that people would want what is best for the show. Carter is the worst thing that could possible happen to Atlantis. I really was looking forward to the fourth season and the fifth, sixth etc but now I can't bring myself to watch. There have been just too many changes, Carter joining the show, even in a minor role, is just the last straw.
            sigpic

Comment

I dunno about you, but I feel really comfortable in the "anti" threads. Posters are so funny and perceptive. The other threads are so boring. Maybe when season 4 airs we should open anti-eps threads to discuss what we did instead of watching SGA-1, or how the episodes (or one particular character) sucked for those heroes among us who will still watch.
              sigpic

Comment

I dunno about you, but I feel really comfortable in the "anti" threads. Posters are so funny and perceptive. The other threads are so boring. Maybe when season 4 airs we should open anti-eps threads to discuss what we did instead of watching SGA-1, or how the episodes (or one particular character) sucked for those heroes among us who will still watch.
                Some of the other threads are downright scary! But good for a laugh now and then. I don't think there will be that many people still around when season four airs. SG1 is over and with Atlantis limping along into crapdom why bother to stick around?

Maybe we could get a medal struck for the heroes who have to sit through hour after hour of the Spammy show? That and a gold plated sick bucket!
                sigpic

Comment

i think that sounds like fun

cause now i've really run out of shows i enjoy it was atlantis and supernatural
                  now its only supernatural

that being said i probably will start fading away eventual or certainly not coming buy as often
                  but i mean once or twice a week i could do for sure

you are right though i don't feel comfortable in all the old threads i used to hang out in
                  Last edited by parisindy; 19 May 2007, 10:05 AM.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Oh, I so totally agree with you. The anti threads are the best. At least we have a sense of humor (with a heavy dose of sarcasm thrown in for good measure).

I don't know which amuses me more: the "squeeing" thread which kinds of strikes me as what a cheerleading competition would be like, minus the short skirts and pom poms of course. Or the sanctimonius "TPTB can do no wrong" threads that consider any dissent as treasonous. I try to stay out of these threads, but like the old car wreck analogy, sometimes you just can't look away even though you know you should. LOL.

I can't imagine why some fans are so excited about a show that has felt the need to reinvent itself every other season: Ford is in, Ford is out, hello Ronon. Beckett is recurring, Beckett is main cast, Beckett is dead, hello Keller. Beckett is resurrected. Goodbye Keller? Weir is in, Weir is fading, Weir is out, hello Carter (with more characters from SG1 sure to follow).

Most viewers of most programs would recognize this as a a big neon sign screaming "trouble ahead". LOL. But here it's considered a sign of creativity.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                      Beckett is resurrected. Goodbye Keller?
                      is that true!? they will get rid of keller when beckett comes back?
                      that maybe the the best news i have heard in a long time
                      Spoiler:

Comment

No, I have no information. I was just theorizing about they would handle two docs on one show when most times they can't seem to figure out what to do with one. LOL. If Beckett were to return for more than one episode, what would they do with Keller. Ship her back to earth? Kill her off? Maybe she won't be in enough episodes to make much of an impression.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                          No, I have no information. I was just theorizing about they would handle two docs on one show when most times they can't seem to figure out what to do with one. LOL. If Beckett were to return for more than one episode, what would they do with Keller. Ship her back to earth? Kill her off? Maybe she won't be in enough episodes to make much of an impression.

well fact or not i think getting ride of her is a brilliant idea all around
                          it just never occured to me before
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Sadly I don't think that's going to happen......

I think Beckett is only coming back for 2 eps, think it was meant to be 3 but cut down for some reason. Jewel Staite is signed on to do 8 eps if I'm right, I find her totally unconvincing personally, but sadly I doubt TPTB will get rid of her to bring Carson back, even if the show does go to an S5. I don't think we know if the two will be in the same eps........

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
                              Sadly I don't think that's going to happen......

I think Beckett is only coming back for 2 eps, think it was meant to be 3 but cut down for some reason. Jewel Staite is signed on to do 8 eps if I'm right, I find her totally unconvincing personally, but sadly I doubt TPTB will get rid of her to bring Carson back, even if the show does go to an S5. I don't think we know if the two will be in the same eps........
                              ack true enough... i was happy for about 10 seconds there hehe
                              there were some rumours i think about paul coming back more for season 5, but i think atlantis will never see season 5
                              Spoiler:

Comment

As much as I am not happy about the cast changes I have to say something. I like Jewel Staite. And yes, I know, she is too young for playing doctor and all. But we haven´t seen her yet. Only two minutes in First Strike. I don´t want to doom some character or actress only because she came instead of someone. Look at McKay and Zelenka. They work perfectly next to each other, so why couldn´t Carson and Keller? I know, it´s very rare that it can work so good like at McKay and Zelenka, but who knows?

I know, anti-thread, this is just one positive thing for me. Look who came instead of Weir It is the reason why to be angry, we know Carter and we know that her character is useless after 10 years. But it´s for another discussion in another thread.
                                Sorry for interupting, keep complaining

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X