Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stclare View Post
    ...Christ whats the point of having anyone else on Atlantis when Carter can do it all!! realy why is JM and TPTB so convinced we should be worshipping at Carters feet, the more they shove her perfection down my throat the more peeved I become
    Didn't you know, she even has her own temple and her followers are called Carterites.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    About a show where they respect and give *all* their cast members good storylines instead of killing them off or making them disappear?
    Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    Right on!
    What she said...I completely second that.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      can't.... quit ... playing....

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      I'm with y'all about preferring a Sheppard/McKay show than a Carter/McKay show...But I actually have another radical idea. About a show where they respect and give *all* their cast members good storylines instead of killing them off or making them disappear?

Oops, I'm being cheeky again.
      WHOOO HOOOO! *cheers*
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
        I think the delay in airing the second half hurt alot. Viewers may have lost interest during the hiatus. And, unless you watch SciFi for another show, you probably never saw the spots advertising SGA's return. To be honest, Sci Fi doesn't really have much to offer. I watch Enterprise on Mondays because . . . well, for me Trek equals life, but that is another story. LOL.
        Yep trek equals life here too

As far as the ratings dropping from week 1 to 2, I hate to say it but although I liked the conclusion of the Return, IMHO it wasn't as good as part one (which I loved). And as a fan of SGA who never watched SG1, it bothered me that O'Neill and Woolsey had so much airtime. If I have to watch snark, I'd prefer it to be SGA team snark. Maybe the so called "casual viewer" was less than thrilled with the episodes of both shows and decided to pass on the the following week's offering.
        I did not like the conclusion of the return,
        Spoiler:
        i would have liked to see what happened between the lantians and the asurans. It was too truncated and left too many plotholes
        I agree that the time between new shows is way too long, I get busy with the rest of my life.

Comment

welcome to the thread all new people

looks like the pro people are annoyed with us... i say tough potatoes

we are all fans.. just different kinds
          Last edited by parisindy; 03 May 2007, 09:02 PM.
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Because I'm in a questionnaire mood. Where do you guys fit in?

I am:

A) Not going to watch any of season 4.
            B) Going to pick and choose a few episodes to watch. (Weir ones, Carson ones, good plot ones, etc)
            C) Going to start watching s4, and if I don't like where it's going I'm going to stop.
            E) Going to watch most or all of season 4, but I have severe/many reservations about it.
            F) Going to watch most or all of season 4, but I have a few quibbles about it.

I'm a E.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

I am:

B) Going to pick and choose a few episodes to watch. (Weir ones, Carson ones, good plot ones, etc)
              C) Going to start watching s4, and if I don't like where it's going I'm going to stop.
              E) Going to watch most or all of season 4, but I have severe/many reservations about it.

I'm a E.
              Right now, I am "A". But I am considering "B".

Comment

I am:

I'm a E.
                I'm an E too. I have a feeling that Friday nights in my house will be like an episode of MST3K. Maybe I can get my hubby to dress up like Joel or Mike.
                sigpic
                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm an E, but I'm also keeping an option on C.

Comment

I am:

I'm a E.
                    I am sort of A/B
                    I am not planning on watching season 4 at all. But I promised my Friends Twinchy and Twinny that I would watch the Carson episodes, and I will but I am very nervous about it. Its one thing to talk about the changes, it’s a whole other thing to see it. I really loved what Atlantis was… I am not sure I can watch its demise. If Carson and Weir came back to their old roles, and all the other season 3 cast members stayed on. I would watch it, even if it meant cursing at Carter. Weir needs to be head of Atlantis though and Carson has to be back full time as the Doc. I don’t like Carter but I could even handle her being the military leader of Atlantis. As long as Weir still ran the whole of the city and Shep still was to be the main actor. Shep is my fav character. But I think it would be character development for him to have to try and follow a command again. He needs some angst and whump…hehe but I am just dreaming now. I think the Character of shep really needs to have something to ‘Rise above’. I hate to see Ellis the military leader though, that guy is very annoying IMHO. Caldwell would be okay

Good question
                    Last edited by parisindy; 04 May 2007, 03:33 PM.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

I'm a B.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I am:

I'm a E.
                        Cool idea! I'm E, with a possibility of C. (What happened to D? *grin*)

I'm excited about some of the things for Season 4, but I'm also very nervous and worried about some major things. Carter's leadership, Teyla's pregnancy, Weir's fate, what will happen to the team? Is it ok for me to excited and deeply worried at the same time in this thread?
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I'm excited about some of the things for Season 4, but I'm also very nervous and worried about some major things. Carter's leadership, Teyla's pregnancy, Weir's fate, what will happen to the team? Is it ok for me to excited and deeply worried at the same time in this thread?
                          Yes, it is. There are other who feel the same as you do, among them myself.

Comment

I am:

I'm a E.
                            Right now, I'd have to say I'm an "A", but depending on how things turn out, I could become a quasi- "B". It depends on how much it hurts and how angry it makes me to see Carter and Keller in those spots where Weir and Beckett ought to be. If I were to watch, it would only be those episodes that Weir and Beckett appear in.

Unfortunately, I'm feeling a bit distanced from SGA even now and we're still in season 3, so season 4 is a big question mark for me.

O/T - Did anyone see Entertainment Weekly's best of sci fi for the past 25 years (both big and small screen). Stargate didn't make the list; BSG did of course (like Grey's Anatomy, you would think its the only thing on t.v. sometimes). LOL. Bet the faithful won't be too happy about that.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2003...037541,00.html
                            Last edited by nowvoyager908; 04 May 2007, 06:12 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

B (Carson and Weir episodes aka true SGA eps)
                              sigpic

Comment

i just bought the new stargate magazine has anyone else seen the articles?
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X