Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don´t like Daniel, too. I think that I have aversion to all original SG1 characters. 10 years is 10 years. I watched them whole this time and they were still the same. Only Daniel died few times and from archeologist became almost covert-ops expert. But, I have to admit, that he would be logical choice. But I really, really don´t want ANY SG1 character in SGA. I don´t understand it. Why? Why did they have to do from SGA 11th season of SG1
    Ok, I can see it too tragically maybe. But I loved SGA for itself. It was cut from SG1, it was new and fresh. And then they ruined it. Shame.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      Me too, but as an addition to SGA, not as a Dr. Weir replacement.
      Second that.

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
      Ok, I can see it too tragically maybe. But I loved SGA for itself. It was cut from SG1, it was new and fresh. And then they ruined it. Shame.
      It's okay to see it tragically. I think lots of us do see it that way... What isn't broken, doesn't need fixing, unless you break it first.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
        I wonder who the other parent-to-be might be...

So they're doing all this because Rachel is expecting. Nice of them, I guess but what in the world are they going to do with the "baby" character when its born. Have it wisked off by some glowy entity AGAIN?
        Well, the baby will be at least half Athosian. Chances are it will be whisked away to wherever TPTB keep the Athosians when there isn't an impending crisis, i.e. the empty void.

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
        there are a number of people-including myself-that are not happy with losing Wier and Beckett-and for the life of me i have no idea why they sent Carter to Atlantis and not Daniel who had wanted to go.

it could be actor availability or contractual issues or who the he** knows-but quite seriously there are issues with character development on that show (In my not so humble,,,)but who knows.
        I've heard from multiple people (but it should be emphasized that I cannot verify this as truth) that Michael Shanks was the only SG1 actor to not have signed on for s11. Therefore, TPTB couldn't exert their contractual obligation thingie on him like they did with Amanda Tapping.

It could also boil down to MS not wanting to do another Stargate series or AT wanting it more than MS. It's all speculation though.

Comment

Wow, this is interesting, hearing that people are jumping ship for stuff I wasn't even aware was happenting. (Carson and Weir leaving--didn't know that!) I came over here because my little group of non-hardcore viewers is jumping ship starting Friday, and I wanted to get a feel for things before we did. I can tell you exactly why we're unamused with SGA: poor plots, underdeveloped characters, unrealized series potential, and way, way, way too much Rodney! In fact, I think I can honestly say that the guys in my group loathe this character.

In any case, the majority of our group of four (three to my one) are voting that we stop watching and start going out Friday nights. Since I feel like we represent the casual viewers, I wanted to let y'all know why and see if there were any indications that things were going to get better. I have to say that I'm not seeing that here, so I think come Friday, we'll be clubbing instead of watching.

Comment

Originally posted by ButterflyFullofGrace View Post
            Wow, this is interesting, hearing that people are jumping ship for stuff I wasn't even aware was happenting. (Carson and Weir leaving--didn't know that!) I came over here because my little group of non-hardcore viewers is jumping ship starting Friday, and I wanted to get a feel for things before we did. I can tell you exactly why we're unamused with SGA: poor plots, underdeveloped characters, unrealized series potential, and way, way, way too much Rodney! In fact, I think I can honestly say that the guys in my group loathe this character.
            LOL It seems your group has jumped ship for some time now...
            sigpic

Comment

Well, I can honestly say that too much Rodney won't change any time soon probably. Since Carter is going to be in Atlantis next season, I imagine they'd want it be the McKay & Carter show, with a little Sheppard thrown in for the fun of it... Right now it's the Sheppard & McKay-show.

In any case, the majority of our group of four (three to my one) are voting that we stop watching and start going out Friday nights. Since I feel like we represent the casual viewers, I wanted to let y'all know why and see if there were any indications that things were going to get better. I have to say that I'm not seeing that here, so I think come Friday, we'll be clubbing instead of watching.
              Well, I think you yourself have to figure out whether it's still the trouble of watching. If you don't mind spoilers, you'll find plenty of them around and see if you'll still be interested once all these changes take in effect once season 4 starts.

I'm still watching, cause SGA is my favorite show...and I hate what they're doing with it no less than the next person in here. But I'm not yet ready to say goodbye to Teyla, Ronon, Elizabeth, Chuck, Kate, Lorne, Zelenka, Sheppard, McKay even, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Well, I can honestly say that too much Rodney won't change any time soon probably. Since Carter is going to be in Atlantis next season, I imagine they'd want it be the McKay & Carter show, with a little Sheppard thrown in for the fun of it... Right now it's the Sheppard & McKay-show.
                You can bet. Judging from spoilers...
                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Whoa, whoa, this "too much McKay", I have to disagree. How much is much? They can´t write characters, any of them. It is "too much McKay" only bc of some stupid idea of authors to make from him comic relief He had big potential, but they just humiliate him, make fun from him, make him center of stupid scenes. He had two fantastic episodes, M&MM and Tao, and authors (the others except Martin Gero and Ken Cuperus) weren´t able to continue in some dvelopment. His character isn´t developed. They just make from him some comic relief. And after Carter will come? I am afraid that he will jump around her like monkey, like all scientists around Carter do (Lee, Felger...)And DH is good actor and before all, exhibicionist. He can use even small room he gets in one episode. But seriously, in Irresponsible, they put him spoon into his hand and left him to make hole into the wall. wtf? So no, I think that McKay needs development just like the others. But I don´t want Carter-McKay show. Where did you get this? They were mentioned only in The Seer and the other episodes? They don´t seem to me too "McKay heavy". According to spoilers, S4 should be finally about Sheppard and Teyla, and also Ronon and simply develop all characters.
                  Sure, Teyla is critical, but (IMHO) Rachel doesn´t seem to be too good actress. At least to me. But it is maybe only some personal antipathy, I really don´t know.
                  But I think what this show doesn´t need is ruining original team. I didn´t notice that someone would complain about SG1 that there is too much Daniel I want to see team, original SGA team, without any SG1 influence. Just with better writing.

EDIT: Wow, it´s long post. Sorry for some mistakes, English isn´t my language. Which is obvious I think

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I am timing McKay's screentime from season 1 to 3... Yes, I have other things to do such as work but I manage to still do this. So no, I don't have too much time on my hands. I will also do this for Teyla. Compare the 'too much McKay' because the PTB have admitted to like writing for him, to the 'underused wallflower Teyla' who has been seriously lacking any development.

And unlike you, Klenotka, I am more interested in seeing the team + the other expedition members. And Teyla is an intricate part to that, just like McKay, Sheppard, Ronon, Elizabeth, Beckett, and everyone else. I have to admit that McKay isn't my favorite, that would Kate Heightmeyer, which doesn't mean I have a problem with his presence...it's just too much sometimes even if he's only there for comic relief.

And for the record, Rachel is a very good actress. (just had to get that across)

Comment

I will be happy to see other expedition members. I think it´s the good part which makes Atlantis what it is. Living, great other characters. Zelenka, Lorne, Kate Hightmeyer, even one-episodic like Laura Cadman. It is what I missed in SG1 in last few years. It was only about SG1.
                      But there is still some main team. But I´d be happy to see David Nykl in Credits. He deserves more than AT. And he should definitely have his promo photos.

But my favorite is McKay and I sooo hate what they have done to him. That´s the reason, I hate it that he is this-only comic relief.

As I said, I have certain antipathy to Rachel and I honestly don´t know why. I think I just can´t *love* everyone.

Comment

But I´d be happy to see David Nykl in Credits.
                        No, they'll pull a Beckett on him if they put him in the credits. He'd be as good as dead. Regular will do just fine.

And he should definitely have his promo photos.
                        Oh yes, I would love to see those.

But my favorite is McKay and I sooo hate what they have done to him. That´s the reason, I hate it that he is this-only comic relief.
                        Yeah, I can see. I like him too and sometimes I feel they are just showing him of as the brilliant idiot who can be a whiny and annoying but in the end will save their lives. But still in between the rising of the problem and the solving there's a lot of unnecessary 'let's make McKay look like a clown'. Frell it, you have three other characters they can use for comic relief. I'm pretty sure Jason, Rachel and Joe can handle comedy just as well.

As I said, I have certain antipathy to Rachel and I honestly don´t know why. I think I just can´t *love* everyone.
                        Well yeah, everybody to its own... And LOL to the bolded part.

Comment

Paul had promo photos in 1S and wasn´t in Credits. So it could have DN, too. But don´t kill him, please. Thank you.
                          I think I wouldn´t divide who can be better comic relief. I don´t want comic relief, just some bright moments where are all members. Some "team jokes". We have seen some in S3, but it wasn´t enough.
                          I didn´t like how they made a little comedy from SGA. Irresponsible was incredibly stupid and one thing which looks good about season four is that they don´t want to make such episodes any more.
                          But I still don´t know if they are able to write something dark and continual.

Comment

But I still don´t know if they are able to write something dark and continual.
                            Well, I have my doubts too since they already said in season 1 Atlantis would be darker and maybe a little scarier too... Have yet to see that, and Irr---- episodes are definitely not helping either.

But from what I've read so far, I do think s4 might be darker. But I can't say for sure, will have to see it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              In a very wrong way, it's actually quite fun to watch and read it.
                              hehe i got to say the whole pregnancy this actually made me laugh out loud... i thought it was a joke ... but then i realized all of season 4 is a joke hehe i keep waiting for someone to say 'you know all those spoilers? Just kidding!"

OK, again, I am not entire S4 person. I will watch and I am even looking forward to it. I like the "dark continual story"...well, I am not sure they can do it but I have to wait.
                              Annoying is how everywhere is only Carter I mean, S4 should be about all characters but so far I see is about "what uniform Carter has" "what hair she has"...it didn´t start yet and she takes all place
                              It is the only one thing that really annoys me...and I am saying that again, I don´t want here there. Amanda looks nice and all, but Carter doesn´t fit into Atlantis.
                              Erm, sorry for jumping into your discussion about Teyla I am little OT
                              agreed, there are a lot of little things making people angry about season 4 and you don't have to defend yourself here... unless you come in with an attitude.

no-not OT-this is where you get to discuss why you feel the way you do.

I am a "Sam fan" and I believe you are wrong about her character and what it will do to the show-but you are quite entitled to how you are feeling.

Personally I think they messed up the characters in that show big time-between kirking Shep and making Wier ineffective-there have been several scenes where Shep has totally disregarded her authority-she is supposed to be "large" and "in charge" and yet he runs rings around her and her character only looks disapproving but does nothing about it.

I am hoping that Sam will be in charge and force Shep into being a professional-but I don't hold out much hope for any prefessional anything at this time.

sad too.
                              You can disagree with us about sam and i will disagree with you over the whole kirking thing But yeah i am a huge shep fan and i would love to see him get some backlash... i would so love the angst!...but thats the whumper in me talking

i never expected you to agree or disagree with me on whether Carter should be there or not-nor do I expect you to agree or disagree with me on whether Shep ought to be put in his place or by who(m)-i only commented on her feelings about Carter and then put in my two cents worth about the characters as I see them presently on Atlantis.

if you choose to see my being pro-carter as pro-4-knock yourself out
                              you really don't need to be overly defensive

I agree with the Weir-Sheppard thing that Sheppard often doesn´t care what Weir says. And she has too often done what he said her to do.
                              But my problem is that Carter had no character or develepment in 10 years. She was still the same. Now instead of working with characters they have in SGA, they sent two away and gave there 10-year same character who had plenty of screen time.
                              well i am not sure i disagree or not with if she got characater development....
                              but what makes anyone thing that will change if she comes over to atlanits? I don't mean that in a defensive way or anything.. only that half the atlantis people haven't got any character development either.. but i guess she will be the queen bee when she comes over.. man i am sure going to need a crying hanky, i miss weir already

oooo you got me curious!
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I'm wondering if Tori should postulate to play Ripley in ALIEN 5...
                                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                                X