Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
    Ok, worst episode of season 4?
    Let's see...

Adrift, Lifeline, Reunion, Doppelganger, Travelers, Tabula Rasa, Missing, The Seer, Miller's Crossing, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember'd, Spoils Of War, Quarantine, Harmony, Outcast, Trio, Midway, The Kindred I, The Kindred II, The Last Man

Now, I can pick the worst season 4 episode(s)...

Travelers, Miller's Crossing, Trio, The Last Man

The best of season 4...

Lifeline, the last 24 seconds of BAMSR, Teyla-moments in Spoils of War, the painting in Harmony, Kate in Doppelganger (except her untimely demise obviously) and Teyla's reaction in DG to Kate's death (not the hug with Sheppard, but her sitting in her quarters) - the height of my OTP as it dies.

And that's it...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Let's see...

Adrift, Lifeline, Reunion, Doppelganger, Travelers, Tabula Rasa, Missing, The Seer, Miller's Crossing, This Mortal Coil, Be All My Sins Remember'd, Spoils Of War, Quarantine, Harmony, Outcast, Trio, Midway, The Kindred I, The Kindred II, The Last Man

Now, I can pick the worst season 4 episode(s)...

Travelers, Miller's Crossing, Trio, The Last Man

The best of season 4...

Lifeline, the last 24 seconds of BAMSR, Teyla-moments in Spoils of War, the painting in Harmony, Kate in Doppelganger (except her untimely demise obviously) and Teyla's reaction in DG to Kate's death (not the hug with Sheppard, but her sitting in her quarters) - the height of my OTP as it dies.

And that's it...
      I forgot about Travellers, that has to go on my list!
      sigpic

Comment

Hmph. Best and Worst - I'll order them from one end of the scale to the other.

Note: I have not yet watched Outcast, Midway, or The Last Man, and have only watch the FH cut of Trio (Solo). So those are not on the list as of now.
        *Did not see whole episode.

Best
        This Mortal Coil
        Kindred II

Lifeline
        Spoils of War

Adrift
        Miller's Crossing

Harmony
        Kindred I

Tabula Rasa
        Doppelganger

Reunion
        Seer

Be All My Sins Remembered*
        Quarantine*

Missing*
        Travellers*

Worst

That actually doesn't expalain much. TMC, Kindred II and Lifeline were the onlt ones I could say I "enjoyed". Spoils, Adrift, Miller's Crossing, Kindred I and Harmony (surprise) were meh with we wee bit of 'ok'. The rest were rather ...

Comment

Hmmm...unlike in s3 there wasn't one ep in s4 that really stood out to me as being a stinker through and through. However there were a bunch that I considered especially sub-par, mediocre fanfic material - Travelers, Trio, Harmony, Quarantine, and Missing. Outcast could probably be on that list too.

I really can't narrow the worst ep down beyond Travelers, Trio, and Harmony. They were all pretty bad with little to no redeeming aspects. Travelers introduced S&M Larrin, Trio had McKay and Zelenka portrayed as perverts, and Harmony had that awful brat with a vapid story. Yick.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            *Did not see whole episode.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Best
            This Mortal Coil
            Kindred II

Lifeline
            Spoils of War

Adrift
            Miller's Crossing

Harmony
            Kindred I

Tabula Rasa
            Doppelganger

Reunion
            Seer

Be All My Sins Remembered*
            Quarantine*

Missing*
            Travellers*

Worst

That actually doesn't expalain much. TMC, Kindred II and Lifeline were the onlt ones I could say I "enjoyed". Spoils, Adrift, Miller's Crossing, Kindred I and Harmony (surprise) were meh with we wee bit of 'ok'. The rest were rather ... [/FONT]
            I can understand someone not watching the whole of Missing. Godawful episode with Godawful Keller front and centre. Poor Jewel. I feel bad for her, playing a character that's loathed so much. She doesn't deserve it.

I only watched about 15 minutes of Dopelganger, too. It just seemed like a bad joke.

I think the only ones I watched in full were Adrift, Lifeline, This Mortal Coil and Missing. This says a lot given the fact I used to do anything I had to to get the eps and watch them a couple of times over last year.

I wonder if TPTB's higher ups think it's interesting that this anti thread has thousands of posts, compared with a couple of hundred, and little more than a dozen for the other seasons.

That says a hell of a lot. They've pissed off Weir fans, Beckett fans and Carter fans. And they've brought in a joke of a character in Keller. They've rehashed SG1 story after SG1 story, then they've completely obliterated the Weir character, just because they want to piss people off further, <snip>
            I wish this was survivor and we could vote Mullie and Mallozzi off the godforsaken island!
            Last edited by Skydiver; 22 March 2008, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
              They've pissed off Weir fans, Beckett fans and Carter fans.
              And at least (maybe the only one) Kate-fan.

I wish this was survivor and we could vote Mullie and Mallozzi off the godforsaken island!
              Yes please.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I can understand someone not watching the whole of Missing. Godawful episode with Godawful Keller front and centre. Poor Jewel. I feel bad for her, playing a character that's loathed so much. She doesn't deserve it. I only watched about 15 minutes of Dopelganger, too. It just seemed like a bad joke.
                I feel bad for Jewel too for getting such a horrible character that could go down as the most hated character in the Stargate franchise, past Lucius even. The sad thing is that the people in charge don't realized Keller is so loathed, and by this point the character is beyond repair and there is no way to me that Keller could redeem herself. I suffered through the whole of Doppelganger - Kate's death was worse than the exploding tumour, they did that stupid Teyla-victim thing with Johnny boy, and only Rodney seemed genuinely scared.

I wonder if TPTB's higher ups think it's interesting that this anti thread has thousands of posts, compared with a couple of hundred, and little more than a dozen for the other seasons.

That says a hell of a lot. They've pissed off Weir fans, Beckett fans and Carter fans. And they've brought in a joke of a character in Keller. They've rehashed SG1 story after SG1 story, then they've completely obliterated the Weir character, just because they want to piss people off further, A<snip[>
                I don't think they know about our little corner of this forum specifically, but TPTB has already dismissed the "Anti" fans as "the cry of shrill and uninformed lemmings" and that the fans are needlessly worried. They know we're out there, but their general perception is "we don't care", or "crazy lemmings".

It's really upsetting to me, and it must also be to the campaigners who have fostered support for their characters. M&M had their chance and blew it. I was hoping Carson and Elizabeth could be reinstated full time, but it wouldn't happen. The only hope is that Brad Wright takes full control of things again. I'm probably just going to watch the Carson episodes now that Elizabeth's out of the equation, and as much as I love Shep, Rodney, Ronon and Teyla, they're not enough to keep me watching this show full-time.
                Last edited by Skydiver; 22 March 2008, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Let's take it easy in ascribing motives to people that we know nothing about.

what we fans may choose to interpret as some sort of personal vendetta is very likely nothing more than a simple professional choice.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Quarantine for me. Definitely.

After that...Missing, probably. And I'm not real fond of TMC, just because of my disappointment that it wasn't the real Elizabeth.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Tao is such a wonderful series finale And my alternate season four that I'm still sorting out in my head to go on paper will work wonders for my self-esteem. Oh, the crazy things that go on in my head when I should be studying/working...

I have a new obsession too. Of course, it doesn't work with everybody, but it does with a considerable amount of the GW population.

It's called scaring people with Hewlett's ass:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=7942963 (page 2 and 3)

Ahhhh.....now I like Hewlett's ass. Nice pic btw.....

Comment

Travellers, Missing, The Last Man are the worst, followed by Trio, Be All My Sins Remembered, Quarantine, Dopelganger (though seeing Lorne was fun), Harmony, Miller's Crossing...etc...etc....
                        Last edited by kali1; 22 March 2008, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I'd vote for that!

Comment

I feel bad for Jewel too for getting such a horrible character that could go down as the most hated character in the Stargate franchise, past Lucius even. The sad thing is that the people in charge don't realized Keller is so loathed, and by this point the character is beyond repair and there is no way to me that Keller could redeem herself. I suffered through the whole of Doppelganger - Kate's death was worse than the exploding tumour, they did that stupid Teyla-victim thing with Johnny boy, and only Rodney seemed genuinely scared.

I don't think they know about our little corner of this forum specifically, but TPTB has already dismissed the "Anti" fans as "the cry of shrill and uninformed lemmings" and that the fans are needlessly worried. They know we're out there, but their general perception is "we don't care", or "crazy lemmings".

It's really upsetting to me, and it must also be to the campaigners who have fostered support for their characters. M&M had their chance and blew it. I was hoping Carson and Elizabeth could be reinstated full time, but it wouldn't happen. The only hope is that Brad Wright takes full control of things again. I'm probably just going to watch the Carson episodes now that Elizabeth's out of the equation, and as much as I love Shep, Rodney, Ronon and Teyla, they're not enough to keep me watching this show full-time.
                            ITA. But we're only a segment of fans. It's been said that if a sci-fi fan hates a show, they only watch it 5 times instead of 20. Doesn't seem to be true on this thread though.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Let's take it easy in ascribing motives to people that we know nothing about.

what we fans may choose to interpret as some sort of personal vendetta is very likely nothing more than a simple professional choice.
                            I agree with that too, BUT (and this may only be because I have limited my SG time substantially) it is interesting to note that the references to "oh what a wonderful family we are" have tailed off considerably.

EDIT: Worst ep: DG (ironically I wouldn't have called it the worst of the season, but it was the first really sucky one, and after that I halved my expectations). Trio was pretty terrible too
                            Best ep: Lifeline
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                              When posting on GW...you must bear in mind this is a fan forum and majority of the fans who would bother to come here are here to discuss their favorite show. If the show was bad those fans wouldn't be here.
                              Exactly. Which is why I don't understand why people hate the anti's. I think most of us here started posting because we loved the show. I know I did. I'm just so disappointed by certain aspects now that I need a place to let off some steam. All I ask is that people have some compassion, but I guess in some cases I ask too much.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Good idea to wait but not that long. My husband took several months to prepare to install Vista. First he completely rebuilt everything making sure to remove all those unneeded bits of software that can foul up Windows. Then he sacrificed a chicken, conducted a laying on of hands ceremony and installed Vista on a moonless night. No probs so far.

For me, Travelers ended up all by itself on the bottom of the heap. After that were a bunch of what I call "meh" episodes, the worst of which were Quarantine and Trio.

And let me add the award for character assassination goes to Radek. They'd better not do anything like that to Lorne in season 5.
                              sigpic
                              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                                <...snip...>
                                And let me add the award for character assassination goes to Radek. They'd better not do anything like that to Lorne in season 5.
                                How bout this from the March 20 edition of the blog of doom:

LostCityGuardian writes: “ You realise that speculation is going to run wild now that Zelenka will be killed off.”

Answer: Probably.
                                The man likes to invite controversy no?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X