Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
    LOL. So, it takes four seasons until "things really begin to gel." It's odd other shows manage to "gel" well before the fourth season. S4 of BSG and Eureka should be amazing!

The more I read from Atlantis' TPTB; the more I realize they are simply clueless. Maybe, they could use some help with the gellin'.
    It's sad and funny at the same time what that guy is saying. If he's capable of running a show then I'm a God or something. Just, whatever. He doesn't understand Atlantis, the show. How on earth can he say that things didn't gel?!? I think the show did pretty good on its own and it had a wonderful cast! And now it's all ruined because of him.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    Here is an interview I found with JM dated 9/27 - a few quotes, with a link for the full interview:

JM: For first-time viewers, "Adrift," our season premiere is the perfect episode to jump in on. It kicks off the season really well and you don't have to know that much about the show to step in.

That's because it isn't the Atlantis we knew and loved.

JM: In terms of character opportunities, bringing the character of Samantha Carter over. That was a big coup for us, and hopefully the fans of "SG-1" will agree. She's been a great addition to the show.

What about the Beckett and Weir fans?

Raoul: In retrospect, how do you feel about the decision to go in a different direction with the Weir character?

JM: Personally, I feel good because I was in on the decision-making process there. I understand certain fans are upset. It's understandable.

Hmmmmmm.

Raoul: How much more of this season will we see the team exploring Atlantis itself? It seems that has sort of fallen by the wayside, figuring out what they have in the city.

JM: To be honest with you, they're going to have their hands full very early on, so they won't have time to do much exploring on Atlantis

But isn't the show called "Stargate: ATLANTIS"???

Full interview here:

http://tvfilter.spaces.live.com/Blog...C9!22076.entry
    I listened to the creator of The Closer and I absolutely love him, he knows what fans want, how creating a great show is done and I love his visions, his opinions on how a show works. I read what Mallozzi has to say and I hate everything he says, don't agree with him one bit on anything. I think his show running days are over once he gets Atlantis cancelled. 'Clueless' is the word.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
      I would love to green you for this, but I have to spread the love.

I find a certain comment from Torri in her interview pretty awful, too. She's wonderfully positive and diplomatic, but this comment sums it all up, in particular, the bolded part:

GW: What can you tell us about the circumstances that led to the decision to have you recurring?

TH: I can tell you nothing. [Laughter] I wasn't a part of the decision, so I can tell you nothing about what their process was. I can hypothesize. To be honest, to be frank -- and I don't judge them for it -- I believe that there is a loyalty to the [SG-1] people and when they knew that show was ending they tried to find a way to keep the people they'd been loyal to for ten years alive, and I absolutely admire that. There is a lot of loyalty to this business. I think that's very great, and very gracious of them.

Gracious to everyone except Torri and Paul, it seems. And whoever is next on their hit list so they can bring over one of the other SG1 types. Watch our Rachel....

arrh that a really sad quote from Torri.

its also sad to see from jm interview that he couldnt see how great sga was for the last 3 years. its like season 4 is the only thing that counts, because its nothing like previous seasons and it must be better because of his changes. sometimes i wonder why its still called sga? new direction / new cast members/ new show runners. seriousley why dont they fess up already and change the name sg1 (a) loveboat. surley shep can have that on his puddle jumper? i bet its already kitted out for the kirking, "dont come a nockin when the p/jumpers a rockin" ooh maybe they could have a red light outside the jumper bay? when its on you know another new pairing has been invented, wow seems like it would be on all the time

god everytime i feel slightly positive about season 4 i read a new interview from one of the cast/tptb that puts me wright off again

appologies for my sarcasm, is very disappointed
      sigpic
      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

I find a certain comment from Torri in her interview pretty awful, too. She's wonderfully positive and diplomatic, but this comment sums it all up, in particular, the bolded part:

GW: What can you tell us about the circumstances that led to the decision to have you recurring?

TH: I can tell you nothing. [Laughter] I wasn't a part of the decision, so I can tell you nothing about what their process was. I can hypothesize. To be honest, to be frank -- and I don't judge them for it -- I believe that there is a loyalty to the [SG-1] people and when they knew that show was ending they tried to find a way to keep the people they'd been loyal to for ten years alive, and I absolutely admire that. There is a lot of loyalty to this business. I think that's very great, and very gracious of them.

Gracious to everyone except Torri and Paul, it seems. And whoever is next on their hit list so they can bring over one of the other SG1 types. Watch our Rachel....

Welcome to Atlantis SG1 ....

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
          hands over hankies maybe we should keep a few boxes of tissues by the anti-couch i have a feeling we are going to need them this year
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
            hands over hankies maybe we should keep a few boxes of tissues by the anti-couch i have a feeling we are going to need them this year
            We'll need the really soft tissues because I think we'll be crying a lot.

Comment

Does the word 'Atlantis' in the title even make sense still? It's the show formerly knows as Atlantis but has become SG-1 #2 now.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

The Torri interview fully reinforces my hope that the Sci Fi Channel will pull the plug very soon on the joke that is masquerading as Stargate Atlantis and that the four CIH's at Bridge will justifiably go the way of Berman and Braga.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                  Does the word 'Atlantis' in the title even make sense still? It's the show formerly knows as Atlantis but has become SG-1 #2 now.
                  Remind me again which show was canceled?

And you're right. We should call it it's true name: Stargate SG-1 Atlantis is no more.

Comment

Mental green back at ya. Too bad for Torri and Paul that busting their butts for three years meant nothing in the end.

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                    It's sad and funny at the same time what that guy is saying. If he's capable of running a show then I'm a God or something. Just, whatever. He doesn't understand Atlantis, the show. How on earth can he say that things didn't gel?!? I think the show did pretty good on its own and it had a wonderful cast! And now it's all ruined because of him.
                    How can he seriously say that it takes four years for a show to gel. What about Heroes or Ugly Betty or any other show that manages to becomes a monster hit right out of the box. What do these other production teams know that apparently remains a mystery to TPTB? This group will not be happy until SGA gels right into SG1.

My only hope is that I am grossly misinterpreting what the man has to say or that his comments were taken out of context because otherwise . . . it is just really bad.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                      This group will not be happy until SGA gels right into SG1.
                      LOL!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                        How can he seriously say that it takes four years for a show to gel. What about Heroes or Ugly Betty or any other show that manages to becomes a monster hit right out of the box.
                        I agree. It always irritates me when I hear this from them. I know he thinks S4 of SG-1 was wonderful, but to me, that was when their team started coming apart. Not to mention S7 & 8, which he also calls favorites. There was hardly any "team" in sight.

The cast was gelling just fine. What they needed to work on was storylines and character development. Not just yank people out.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, Torri said it best " ...I believe that there is a loyalty to the [SG-1] people .." and (IMO) the SGA fans get shoved aside for a shiny new toy.

Comment

From TH's newest interview:

"I think that my character -- we never found a place for her. I think everybody can take a bit of responsibility for that, obviously myself included. So yeah, I imagine that was it. They thought "here's this woman character that we're not really able to explore to her full right."
                            So many of the episodes I was just there in the background, which wasn't challenging for me. And I think they're going "Why are we paying this chick when she's only in for a couple of scenes?" You know what I mean? It made a lot of sense, I thought. That's how I hypothesize it. It makes a lot of sense for me."

Wow. Just...wow. Even Torri (politely) portrays it as a cop out by TPTB. "We can't think up how to explore her properly, so we're going to dump her!" How disgusting and embarrassing. They're never going to win any awards for quality writing, are they?

Comment

Well, Torri said it best " ...I believe that there is a loyalty to the [SG-1] people .." and (IMO) the SGA fans get shoved aside for a shiny new toy.
                              Except the toy they get shoved aside for isn't so new. In the dictionary under redundant, it says.....see redundant....

Okay - here's today's challenge - green to infinity for the first person who finds a picture of a papa-san chair for the anti cave. The couch won't do it for me anymore, I want someplace I can curl up into fetal position and mourn the loss of my favorite character and my favorite show.

SGA just died for me. That incredible interview with Torri (and may I say she has more style and grace than most people I know) was the final nail in the coffin.
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                                Except the toy they get shoved aside for isn't so new. In the dictionary under redundant, it says.....see redundant....

Okay - here's today's challenge - green to infinity for the first person who finds a picture of a papa-san chair for the anti cave. The couch won't do it for me anymore, I want someplace I can curl up into fetal position and mourn the loss of my favorite character and my favorite show.

SGA just died for me. That incredible interview with Torri (and may I say she has more style and grace than most people I know) was the final nail in the coffin.
                                Will this do. I know it needs some work . . . and it definitely isn't big enough. LOL.

I've never heard of a papasan chair. I've seen them, just didn't know what they were called. Goggle is a wonderful thing.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X