Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Folks, do NOT brag about, mention or discuss any and i mean ANY form of downloading beyond the legal versions.

What you do is what you do, but what we govern is what you do here...and discussing downloading is a forbidden topic here.
    About that whole downloading thing, are it US-Centric laws or country specific laws that govern the legality of downloading? Since in a lot of European countries, and also Canada I believe, it is legal to obtain a copy of an episode by any means despite not paying for it, for only uploading such material is illegal. Could you mods be a bit more specific with regards to this topic since it's utterly confusing if you simply state "beyond legal means".

And now back to the anti-thread: Could someone who has already witnessed spoilers with regards to the ending of lifeline please inform me if my prediction of a Carter-Deus-Ex-Machina solution is correct? This so I can decide how to watch the next episode, either as a serious space opera or as a spoof of one.

On a less serious note, I call dibs on a Weir-as-Borg avatar. Did anyone else also get this ST: Voyager déj?* vu while hearing both Doctors talk about using nanites to repair Weir's body?
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I was talking about the PJs and their inexperienced pilots. Most of them shouldn't have returned, IMO.
      Why though? If this was a war scenario I would agree with you but they are asteroids. It's was just empty space with a bunch of large rocks.
      Yeah, and there was only one place. And Asuras happened to be in its path. And Atlantis happened to drop out of hyperspace "close" enough to Asuras, so the brand new PJ, which was only mentioned once before (I think), could reach the planet. It's all too convenient, don't you think? Besides, we're talking about a galaxy here. LOL. There's more to come next week, btw.
      Nope I don't think we were talking about a galaxy. I was under the assumption that they only had a small radius to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        *treads carefully into the thread*

Pitry, have you got a link to where Paul says that, please and thank you.
        Well, apparently it's from Starburst maagine, #347 - I remembered reading it here, but can't find the specific thread. Got the information, however, form Prion's LJ - I think it's Prion's?

Just as work on Phantoms was ending, McGillion received some news that would affect his future on Atlantis. "We shot most of this story on location, and when we got back to the studio for the final day of filming, of the ADs said that the producers wanted to talk to me," recalls the actor. "I didn't think anything of it. Truthfully, I thought they might be telling me, 'Great job in Phantoms'. However, when I went upstairs and they closed the office door, I knew it was serious. They said 'Stargate SG-1 isn't being renewed, and we're not sure yet if Atlantis is going to be either. We need to shake things up a bit, and the long and short of it is we're going to kill off Beckett.'
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I'm not gonna debate the legality of downloading for anyone. I'm just enforcing the forum rule and that says that any and all download talk beyond that of unbox or ITunes, is a forbidden topic.

Thus, don't discuss it here. Do what you want elsewhere, but here, download talk is forbidden
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I'm not gonna debate the legality of downloading for anyone. I'm just enforcing the forum rule and that says that any and all download talk beyond that of unbox or ITunes, is a forbidden topic.

Thus, don't discuss it here. Do what you want elsewhere, but here, download talk is forbidden
            I think on that notion I read on LJ (I think) that wherever the forum is born from (for lack of better worthing) the rules of that country apply. Since Gateworld is a project by Darren and he's a US-citizen, all of us here have to bide by US-law.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not to mention....Ok, so we're a fan site. We'rea a fairly popular fan site. And are one of the more popular forums out there. But what if MGM wanted to start thier own forum...woulnd't go very far with GW here....and shutting down a fan site is such bad press.

However, IF, and i emphasize the IF, someone at MGM got the hair up thier tushie to start thier own forum and wanted to do something to insure that thiers was a success...well using the 'they traffick in illegal downloads' is a way that they can shut down a forum quite legally.

All of a sudden, a fan forum can go from a nice place to 'the enemy'

So let's not even go there.

All in all, it's very simple. You do what you want on your time, you just don't go into detail here.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I think on that notion I read on LJ (I think) that wherever the forum is born from (for lack of better worthing) the rules of that country apply. Since Gateworld is a project by Darren and he's a US-citizen, all of us here have to bide by US-law.

Following this idea, if Darren, our American citizen, would have the forum registered to a provider in the Cayman Islands, would we still need to follow American rules .

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  LOL!! I know someone who threw a book once.

I throw my socks at the TV. I've done that a few times, when Tony Blair came on, at Sarah in CSI and of course I'd throw it at SGA if I wasn't not watching it..

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    Following this idea, if Darren, our American citizen, would have the forum registered to a provider in the Cayman Islands, would we still need to follow American rules .
                    Probably not.

But we should just stick to the rules laid out for us here. Don't want an evil mod come in here and smite us all down.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                      About that whole downloading thing, are it US-Centric laws or country specific laws that govern the legality of downloading? Since in a lot of European countries, and also Canada I believe, it is legal to obtain a copy of an episode by any means despite not paying for it, for only uploading such material is illegal.
                      As far as I know, in Italy you're allowed to download if you're not going to use that material for your own profit (as in, sell pirate copies of whatever you've downloaded).

But of course, everyone stays

Comment

Guys Doppleganger has been leaked on itunes. I think if you download Adrift you will get Doppleganger. Serioulsy someone is sabotaging SGA. LOL. I love it.
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Well folks, I think I am growing more and more "anti" every day.

Adrift left me feeling adrift.
                          Spoiler:

You know, when you can get pissed within the first five minutes, it's not a good sign. I cannot believe they put Amanda's credit in Torri's place this early. For pity's sake, Torri isn't even gone yet! A crass, cold, lame move by TPTB. Shame on them.

The whole episode was painful to watch. I actually think I could have enjoyed parts of it, if I had known Weir wasn't being written out. John's emotion when Keller told him about Liz's fate. The scene with Ronon and Liz literally made me cry. Liz's reaction at the end - all great stuff.

Keller did not impress me in the slightest. And, I literally cannot watch any scenes with Carter. They are literally painful. It has nothing to do with AT's acting style either. It's the situation that's got me seeing red.

I have promised myself I would watch all 4 of Torri's episodes this season and I will. I will not be watching any of the others. At least right now, that's the way I feel.

You know, it's pretty bad when I show I couldn't wait to watch every week has turned into something I can hardly stomach now. Guess it's time to turn the channel and move on.

As a mom who also works full-time, I don't get much time for hobbies. Recreational reading and SGA were pretty much it for me. I guess now, I'll be getting a lot more reading time in.

If anyone has any great fantasy fiction series to recommend, PM me.

Shuffles off to go find her anti papasan chair and leaves her stinky socks on the pile by the door.
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                            Guys Doppleganger has been leaked on itunes. I think if you download Adrift you will get Doppleganger. Serioulsy someone is sabotaging SGA. LOL. I love it.
                            Too bad I don't have an ipod.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                              Too bad I don't have an ipod.
                              You don't need an iPod to watch the episodes. It dl into itunes and you can watch it there ... kinda like WMV/Quicktime.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                                Nice! This may free up another Friday for me. Though I hear rumblings that
                                Spoiler:
                                something bad happens to Heightmeyer? wtf?

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                                If anyone has any great fantasy fiction series to recommend, PM me.
                                I highly recommend George R.R. Martin's "Fire and Ice" series. And HBO is turning it into a series! Joy!

Comment

Working...
                                X