Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    Tonight's the night, the trainwreck is going to move once more and give us the conclusion of the cliffhanger.

I predict a deus ex machina solution with Carter saving the day by means of the Apollo.

Join the cliffhanger conclusions prediction game now!
    I already know how it ends.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hmmm ... I think I'll be washing my hair at 10pm (or taking out the garbage).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I already know how it ends.

Don't spoil the fun for other people . I saw them the day they were leaked

Comment

*mutters about having better things to do with the little free time he has than downloading and watching Stargate episodes*
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Tonight's the night, the trainwreck is going to move once more and give us the conclusion of the cliffhanger.
            Dang, have to go to watch my son at the high school football game tonight. I might not be able to "watch it live", but greasy food, football, and sitting 3 hours on a hard cold stadium seat is more fun. ;o)

Comment

*mutters about having better things to do with the little free time he has than downloading and watching Stargate episodes*
              Well, you can use your free time to watch the eps early or use your free time to watch them live.

I was underwhelmed with the premiere and I doubt that adding music and sound effects is going to change that impression. I'm on the road tonight anyway, so I won't be watching it live. I doubt I'm going to watch ep 2 live either since I've seen that one. I will be tuning in for ep 3 of course, especially to see if
              Spoiler:
              the team is dealing with the loss of Weir or if her absence is minimized.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                I would love to green you for this, but I have to spread the love.

I find a certain comment from Torri in her interview pretty awful, too. She's wonderfully positive and diplomatic, but this comment sums it all up, in particular, the bolded part:

GW: What can you tell us about the circumstances that led to the decision to have you recurring?

TH: I can tell you nothing. [Laughter] I wasn't a part of the decision, so I can tell you nothing about what their process was. I can hypothesize. To be honest, to be frank -- and I don't judge them for it -- I believe that there is a loyalty to the [SG-1] people and when they knew that show was ending they tried to find a way to keep the people they'd been loyal to for ten years alive, and I absolutely admire that. There is a lot of loyalty to this business. I think that's very great, and very gracious of them.

Gracious to everyone except Torri and Paul, it seems. And whoever is next on their hit list so they can bring over one of the other SG1 types. Watch our Rachel....
                When was this itnerview taken? I have to admit I'm quite dismayed she wasn't even told the exact reasons for the decision. I mean, as stupid as the decision to let Paul McGillion go, at least they told him why. Not telling her smells of unprofessional treatment.
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  When was this itnerview taken? I have to admit I'm quite dismayed she wasn't even told the exact reasons for the decision. I mean, as stupid as the decision to let Paul McGillion go, at least they told him why. Not telling her smells of unprofessional treatment.
                  I had the impression that it was recently? And yeah. That's a little weird.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

The first 2 episodes already available on line (for about 2 weeks ago). Real dissapointment. I'd give them a 6.5 and 7 out of 10.
                    Spoiler:
                    They merely re-hashed all Replicators/ Replicarter arks. The way they wrote out Weir makes me think she's suffer the same fate as Ford (he was Wraithified in a way, she gets Replicated). Not a single shred of originality! Teyla wall-papered. They barely mention Weir after she's gone...

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      It had to be pretty recent since they talk about NCIS and the canceled con.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Yeah, I've now listened to the entire interview (lovely interview BTW! love TH's interviews) and it does sound recently.
                        And... it kills me, it really does. I mean, giving the reason sounds like the basic employer-employee relationship. Now, had she said she can't talk about it for diplomacy reasons I would have respected it, and at leas tI would have known she knows why she was let go. But according to her own words she still doesn't know why. Some way to treat someone that's been working for you for 3 years.
                        And so, I expect that after her 4 peisodes are up, if SGA really does get a season 5, we won't see anything of Weir again. I mean, if the plot of Adrift/ Lifeline wasn't enough
                        Spoiler:
                        the way they got rid of her which is exactly like what happeend with Ford and doesn't really give the character anything, I thought
                        , that doesn';t sound like she's likely to be back.
                        Which is a shame. I've really grown to love her during season 3.

And she wasd quite right about acting challenges, too. Torri Higginson is a wonderful actress, as she's proven in episodes like Before I Sleep, The Real World, The Return part 1 and basically whenever they actually gave her something to do. Shame at how under-utilised she was.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          From TH's newest interview:

"I think that my character -- we never found a place for her. I think everybody can take a bit of responsibility for that, obviously myself included. So yeah, I imagine that was it. They thought "here's this woman character that we're not really able to explore to her full right."
                          So many of the episodes I was just there in the background, which wasn't challenging for me. And I think they're going "Why are we paying this chick when she's only in for a couple of scenes?" You know what I mean? It made a lot of sense, I thought. That's how I hypothesize it. It makes a lot of sense for me."

Wow. Just...wow. Even Torri (politely) portrays it as a cop out by TPTB. "We can't think up how to explore her properly, so we're going to dump her!" How disgusting and embarrassing. They're never going to win any awards for quality writing, are they?
                          and that is such a comfort to me. That basically, PTB have very little writing talent... well beyond formulaic writing talent. They probably have a template or summat or a list of things they have to include

*snuggles up on anti-couch*

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Another character gets Kawosshhhhed away . Katie Brown, who in fact has brown hair. I think the name would work if she would have blond hair too . Meanwhile, back at the ranch ....Why dont they kill everyone at the same time and spare us the slow crippling death of the SGA crew ?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              That much is clear to me. Even TH mentions it in the interview... sad, very sad

I was like "Holy hell!!" ... had to go back and read it again before it sank in completely... I am so **** off at the moment I'm not sure I can write anything positive about SGA.

I have been in a squee-mode for the past few days thanks to the appearance of Heightmeyer in Doppelganger, but not even my fave psychologist can help me here. I am disappointed beyond belief and angry and my hatred towards Carter has risen to the point where it says "with a vengeance". And since AT is the one portraying the character I can't even stand the sight of her either. I'm at boiling-point.

Yeah, I'm with you. I was just wondering if it was worth it to spend my precious download-limit on SGA, while I can very well spend it on awesome shows such as Bones and NCIS.
                              I'm' the same re Carter, I have a friend on LJ who loves her and I have to grit my teeth, but I love my LJ friend more.

I'd keep my download limit if I were you for Bones and NCIS

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                Another character gets Kawosshhhhed away . Katie Brown, who in fact has brown hair. I think the name would work if she would have blond hair too . Meanwhile, back at the ranch ....Why dont they kill everyone at the same time and spare us the slow crippling death of the SGA crew ?
                                I'm really not surprised... They have to open the way for the Carter/McKay cr@p after all. Too bad because I also liked Katie.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X