Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    Here is an interview I found with JM dated 9/27 - a few quotes, with a link for the full interview:

    JM: For first-time viewers, "Adrift," our season premiere is the perfect episode to jump in on. It kicks off the season really well and you don't have to know that much about the show to step in.

    That's because it isn't the Atlantis we knew and loved.

    JM: In terms of character opportunities, bringing the character of Samantha Carter over. That was a big coup for us, and hopefully the fans of "SG-1" will agree. She's been a great addition to the show.

    What about the Beckett and Weir fans?

    Raoul: In retrospect, how do you feel about the decision to go in a different direction with the Weir character?

    JM: Personally, I feel good because I was in on the decision-making process there. I understand certain fans are upset. It's understandable.


    Hmmmmmm.

    Raoul: How much more of this season will we see the team exploring Atlantis itself? It seems that has sort of fallen by the wayside, figuring out what they have in the city.

    JM: To be honest with you, they're going to have their hands full very early on, so they won't have time to do much exploring on Atlantis
    .

    But isn't the show called "Stargate: ATLANTIS"???

    Full interview here:

    http://tvfilter.spaces.live.com/Blog...C9!22076.entry

    Every single time I read something this man has to say, I get angry (which is why I avoid his blog like the plague). LOL.

    I wonder who TPTB think they are writing for. You don't have to know much about the show to step in? Hopefully SG1 fans will agree? He feels good about shafting an actress and sending a character who led the show for three years to recurring limbo? He actually said something that crude and insensitive and he's proud of it? If they are not going to explore Atlantis (as in the show's title - duh) just send the team back to earth and then the show can become what TPTB apparently want it to be - season 11 of SG1.

    I hope all SGA fans realize that on the scale of 1 to 10, they mean less than zero to TPTB. It's all SG1 fans all the time baby.
    sigpic

    Comment


      Yeah....I just read the interview on LJ. *deep sigh* I think I feel a slight need for that couch myself, but it looks pretty crowded tonight. I'm not exactly sure how to put my feelings...except that I wasn't pleased with his words about Weir. Or....well...I really wasn't happy about much of it at all, to tell you the truth.

      One slight ray of sunshine -
      Spoiler:
      he did confirm that Teyla's baby daddy is not an expedition member.


      Oh, and slightly OT-JM is behind the times - Alexis Cruz's "Shark" character
      Spoiler:
      was killed off last season.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        One slight ray of sunshine -
        Spoiler:
        he did confirm that Teyla's baby daddy is not an expedition member.
        I was relieved by that, but I never believed it would be anyone from the expedition. I wonder who is the person that is agry. I'm guessing Ronon since he is the one closest to Teyla and would be hurt by her not telling him. I HOPE its Ronon. I don't want no soap opera, or at least I don't want to hear about it.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          I was relieved by that, but I never believed it would be anyone from the expedition. I wonder who is the person that is agry. I'm guessing Ronon since he is the one closest to Teyla and would be hurt by her not telling him. I HOPE its Ronon. I don't want no soap opera, or at least I don't want to hear about it.
          Well, that would make sense, but judging from spoilers I think they're
          Spoiler:
          going to make it be Sheppard.
          Which makes me . Sometimes I love this show, and sometimes I feel as if everything is being specifically targeted to make me hate it. No, I'm not paranoid, why do you ask?
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

          Comment


            Wow! *blinks* History you never knew you never knew.

            Errr, the post went away. Hello?

            It is starting to look like Shep has a type, though. Nancy looks startlingly like Chaya, at least to me, and she also looks like Larrin somewhat.
            Last edited by Killdeer; 27 September 2007, 09:47 PM. Reason: Post I was replying to was deleted....??
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              Wow! *blinks* History you never knew you never knew.

              It <i>is</i> starting to look like Shep has a type, though. Nancy looks startlingly like Chaya, at least to me, and she also looks like Larrin somewhat.
              Thanks for that...I accidentally deleted my post when I tried to fix it--that's what I get when I spend my free time watching over 500 hours of Korean, Japanese, and Taiwanese tv. She actually played Reese but looked similar to the other Carly. Which is my mistake since I always thought they looked similar. She looked alot like the Man-Carly---that's what a few of us called that actress who played the role of Carly. Reese was really to replace Lily sort of---big mistake. She instead had sex with Sonny's brother the same night she slept with Sonny and was considered Sonny's SO. Crazy!!

              Us soap watchers are mean spirited women I like to say. Anyway, yeah she played Reese, a very hated character who was non-sensical and annoying. She wasn't loved and unfortunately since I was part of the coup that helped in getting her off the show I'm not too pleased. I mean again she was great in CSI, but meh...GH is so fresh in my memory. Awful FBI agent. ~sigh~

              What can one do?! She looks nothing like Chaya dude. Although they did something similar to her on GH, they made her fit in the role of resembling the dead Puerto Rican (Lilly) love interest of Sonny Corinthos. Which she did, but no, she doesn't remind me of Chaya---and she's very domineering in presence.

              Meaning, Chaya was like all sensitive and lady of few words. No matter how few they give Wuhrer which they did in GH at times, she was a powerful presence. You see her and take notice. I don't think I'm describing it well. Like if you put her and Chaya in a scene together, she would over power Chaya in presence even if she has fewer words.
              Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              Wow! *blinks* History you never knew you never knew.

              Errr, the post went away. Hello?

              It is starting to look like Shep has a type, though. Nancy looks startlingly like Chaya, at least to me, and she also looks like Larrin somewhat.
              Why did you delete my post?! It was an accident on my part. Ugh!! Oh well, now it's gone. Anyway I have to sleep I have BC in the morning and those women are gonna have my arse for breakfast. Plus, I have more Korean TV to watch....I might as well move. I wonder if I can get SGA in Korea.
              Last edited by vaberella; 27 September 2007, 09:55 PM.
              Click statement above to read article.

              Comment


                Well, I've never seen the actress in anything before, so I don't have your history with her to go on. I was just going by the looks. To me, she looks like Chaya. I don't mean they're identical twins or anything, but I do think there's a resemblance. *shrugs* But not everyone sees things the same way.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  Why did you delete my post?! It was an accident on my part. Ugh!! Oh well, now it's gone.
                  Sorry! I thought you'd deleted your post, although I wasn't sure why.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Well, I've never seen the actress in anything before, so I don't have your history with her to go on. I was just going by the looks. To me, she looks like Chaya. I don't mean they're identical twins or anything, but I do think there's a resemblance. *shrugs* But not everyone sees things the same way.
                    True enough. OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    It's like my RL vs. JL situation. I notice a lot more than most people.
                    Click statement above to read article.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      Well, I've never seen the actress in anything before, so I don't have your history with her to go on. I was just going by the looks. To me, she looks like Chaya. I don't mean they're identical twins or anything, but I do think there's a resemblance. *shrugs* But not everyone sees things the same way.
                      I see it. So John likes brunets.

                      Spoiler:
                      Maybe Sheppard can be jealous happy. Hey it could happen lol.
                      Seriously I don't care anymore since I'm not watching but I will be hearing about it since some people on my flist are still going to give sga a chance. And then I will have to come here and *itch about it.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        Yeah....I just read the interview on LJ. *deep sigh* I think I feel a slight need for that couch myself, but it looks pretty crowded tonight. I'm not exactly sure how to put my feelings...except that I wasn't pleased with his words about Weir. Or....well...I really wasn't happy about much of it at all, to tell you the truth.

                        One slight ray of sunshine -
                        Spoiler:
                        he did confirm that Teyla's baby daddy is not an expedition member.


                        Oh, and slightly OT-JM is behind the times - Alexis Cruz's "Shark" character
                        Spoiler:
                        was killed off last season.
                        Maybe we should get some anti-folding chairs. Plenty of room for all!

                        Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                        I see it. So John likes brunets.

                        Spoiler:
                        Maybe Sheppard can be jealous happy. Hey it could happen lol.
                        Seriously I don't care anymore since I'm not watching but I will be hearing about it since some people on my flist are still going to give sga a chance. And then I will have to come here and *itch about it.
                        *whistles innocently*
                        sigpic
                        sig by SueKay

                        My Team:

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          I see it. So John likes brunets.
                          Isn't that "brunettes"? Or maybe it's brunets, I don't know.

                          What I mean is, I always thought "brunette" was female and "brunet" was male. Like "blonde" is female, and "blond" is male.

                          EDIT: I stand corrected.

                          The adjective describes someone of relatively dark coloring, of hair especially (compare BLOND), with the brunet spelling supposed to be applied to males, brunette to females. In fact both spellings refer usually to females (a man more often will be called “dark-haired”), although brunette is the usual generic spelling, especially for the noun. Edited English tries to keep the masculine-feminine spelling distinction, but in lower levels practice is less rigid.
                          Source: http://www.bartleby.com/68/14/1014.html

                          I think I need to go to bed.
                          Last edited by Killdeer; 27 September 2007, 10:14 PM.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Isn't that "brunettes"? Or maybe it's brunets, I don't know.

                            What I mean is, I always thought "brunette" was female and "brunet" was male. Like "blonde" is female, and "blond" is male.
                            Hahahaha. I knew I spelled it wrong. I don't know maybe John likes both or that's what fandom likes to think.

                            I always spell blonde for both male and female.

                            Irish Eyes
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Added and check your PM in a second, you have some catching up to do.
                              Thanks!! *loves*

                              Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                              Here is an interview I found with JM dated 9/27 - a few quotes, with a link for the full interview:

                              JM: For first-time viewers, "Adrift," our season premiere is the perfect episode to jump in on. It kicks off the season really well and you don't have to know that much about the show to step in.

                              That's because it isn't the Atlantis we knew and loved.

                              JM: In terms of character opportunities, bringing the character of Samantha Carter over. That was a big coup for us, and hopefully the fans of "SG-1" will agree. She's been a great addition to the show.

                              What about the Beckett and Weir fans?

                              Raoul: In retrospect, how do you feel about the decision to go in a different direction with the Weir character?

                              JM: Personally, I feel good because I was in on the decision-making process there. I understand certain fans are upset. It's understandable.


                              Hmmmmmm.

                              Raoul: How much more of this season will we see the team exploring Atlantis itself? It seems that has sort of fallen by the wayside, figuring out what they have in the city.

                              JM: To be honest with you, they're going to have their hands full very early on, so they won't have time to do much exploring on Atlantis
                              .

                              But isn't the show called "Stargate: ATLANTIS"???
                              Yeah, who cares about continuity? It might the the perfect episode for new viewers to jump in on, but it sure is the perfect episode for me to jump out of the window.

                              Also, why concentrate on the (incredibly underused) characters you already have when you can just bring everyone and their dog over from SG1? Again, SG1 fans may agree, but I'm not so confident about the existing SGA fanbase. Just because JM thinks that the SGA cast and crew is unredeemably inferior to that of SG1 and expendable doesn't mean that the same is true about the fans.

                              Yah, not so surprised that JM was at least in part behind Weir's departure. I suppose he will understand that I'm not watching his show anymore.

                              And this contradicts his not-so-thinly veiled attempts at making fans think it was TH's decision to leave.

                              I've had issues about the lack of screentime the city has been getting after S1 for a long time, so nothing new here.


                              Meh. I have a thesis to work on.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                                Here is an interview I found with JM dated 9/27 - a few quotes, with a link for the full interview:

                                JM: For first-time viewers, "Adrift," our season premiere is the perfect episode to jump in on. It kicks off the season really well and you don't have to know that much about the show to step in.

                                That's because it isn't the Atlantis we knew and loved.

                                JM: In terms of character opportunities, bringing the character of Samantha Carter over. That was a big coup for us, and hopefully the fans of "SG-1" will agree. She's been a great addition to the show.

                                What about the Beckett and Weir fans?

                                Raoul: In retrospect, how do you feel about the decision to go in a different direction with the Weir character?

                                JM: Personally, I feel good because I was in on the decision-making process there. I understand certain fans are upset. It's understandable.


                                Hmmmmmm.

                                Raoul: How much more of this season will we see the team exploring Atlantis itself? It seems that has sort of fallen by the wayside, figuring out what they have in the city.

                                JM: To be honest with you, they're going to have their hands full very early on, so they won't have time to do much exploring on Atlantis
                                .

                                But isn't the show called "Stargate: ATLANTIS"???

                                Full interview here:

                                http://tvfilter.spaces.live.com/Blog...C9!22076.entry

                                LOL. So, it takes four seasons until "things really begin to gel." It's odd other shows manage to "gel" well before the fourth season. S4 of BSG and Eureka should be amazing!

                                The more I read from Atlantis' TPTB; the more I realize they are simply clueless. Maybe, they could use some help with the gellin'.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X