Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had hoped there would be some tolerance but apparently that was wishful thinking. And it had come to a point that I can't take the crap any longer. I, too, have my limits.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      This is what happens when a bad mood turns into a bad joke. Inspired by Suz's post above.

Love the visual. There's a joke formulating in my fevered brain about a horse's ass and spreading the manure, but it won't come together. Give it some time. LOL.
      sigpic

Comment

This is what happens when a bad mood turns into a bad joke. Inspired by Suz's post above.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ff/Trabant.jpg
        Love it! Mental green since I can't green you!

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
          Love the visual. There's a joke formulating in my fevered brain about a horse's ass and spreading the manure, but it won't come together. Give it some time. LOL.
          LOL!!

Comment

I had hoped there would be some tolerance but apparently that was wishful thinking. And it had come to a point that I can't take the crap any longer. I, too, have my limits.
            I understand the feeling.

I've found that many pro threads have had their share of "what's wrong with those anti fans?" OT posts. Of course, anti threads have their share of the same. I think it's best to avoid talking about fans as much as possible, as it keeps the thread on topic and avoids adding unneccesary tension between fans.

I can't control what goes on in the pro thread, but I always want this thread to maintain an atmosphere where everyone feel welcome to post, from those that have major problems to those that only have a couple. Most fans have both pro and anti views about the upcoming s4. There should be no reason to, say, try and exclude people or make them feel unwelcome because they "aren't anti enough" or something like that.

I think we've done a good job of keeping this thread as open as possible, and I hope we can continue to do so, if not make it even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              *sits on anti-couch with you*

I know exactly how you feel. Slap the name "Stargate" on anything and some people will think it's the next best thing since sliced bread.

I've never understood those who feel you should be loyal to Stargate, but yet don't seem to exhibit that same loyalty to all the characters that inhabit the Stargate universe.

It's funny. Not being an SG1 fan, I've read some of those threads to get a feel for what posters were thinking. It appears that many Carter fans were not happy when Vala joined the show because TPTB apparently showcased the new kid on the block to lure all those zillions of Farscape fans. In the process, the established character got pushed to the background.

If this is a valid description of what happened, how come no one sees the parallel happening on SGA? At least Carter was still in the picture on SG1. Beckett is already dead (his two episodes nonwithstanding) and Weir is being forded as we speak.

Doesn't matter if Carter had 20 years on SG1, she is not SGA. I guess loyalty isn't all its cracked up to be.
              Last edited by nowvoyager908; 21 August 2007, 09:34 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                I understand the feeling.

I've found that many pro threads have had their share of "what's wrong with those anti fans?" OT posts. Of course, anti threads have their share of the same. I think it's best to avoid talking about fans as much as possible, as it keeps the thread on topic and avoids adding unneccesary tension between fans.

I can't control what goes on in the pro thread, but I always want this thread to maintain an atmosphere where everyone feel welcome to post, from those that have major problems to those that only have a couple. Most fans have both pro and anti views about the upcoming s4. There should be no reason to, say, try and exclude people or make them feel unwelcome because they "aren't anti enough" or something like that.

I think we've done a good job of keeping this thread as open as possible, and I hope we can continue to do so, if not make it even better!
                ITA. I think we've had some discussion in here that straddled the fence between pro and anti. As we've said before, we all have different reasons for being anti and different levels of antiness. The trick is to remain civil and not let anyone feel uncomfortable posting. We may not always agree, but we should be able to agree to disagree without getting into a shouting match. JMHO.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                  ITA. I think we've had some discussion in here that straddled the fence between pro and anti. As we've said before, we all have different reasons for being anti and different levels of antiness. The trick is to remain civil and not let anyone feel uncomfortable posting. We may not always agree, but we should be able to agree to disagree without getting into a shouting match. JMHO.
                  We've had some great conversations here and I look forward to the ones we'll have in the future. I think everyone feels comfortable posting here becuse we try to have fun with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

I think everyone here has an open mind and a welcoming demeanor. Look at me, I'm a JT fan when the majority of people here are Sparky fans and never once have I felt outcast because of what aspects of the show I like.

It must be my *stellar* personality. Seriously though, I have always appreciated feeling welcome here. ((((HUGS))))
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      I think everyone here has an open mind and a welcoming demeanor. Look at me, I'm a JT fan when the majority of people here are Sparky fans and never once have I felt outcast because of what aspects of the show I like.

It must be my *stellar* personality. Seriously though, I have always appreciated feeling welcome here. ((((HUGS))))
                      thats the couches and pool boys/girls that does it !

i must say i love it here on this thread as i know i can comment on something and feel welcome, even of no one agrees with me. i think thats the point here. no one has tried to make me justify my emotions/POV. its just a given that the people here respect your view without necessarly agreeing with it.

and hey slash fan of the mcshep variety here, so not even who someone ships is a problem
                      sigpic
                      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                        I think everyone feels comfortable posting here because we try to have fun with it all.
                        I know I do.

Comment

I know I do.
                          So do I!

Comment

Due to boredom combined with bad mood...the photoshop madness continues.

If you don't want to know what the future of Atlantis looks like, then don't look.
                            There's no gore, blood or any of that stuff. It's still G-rated material.

Spoiler:

Comment

next thing you know the chevrons in the Pegasus gates will turn red and the gates will start spinning

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                                next thing you know the chevrons in the Pegasus gates will turn red and the gates will start spinning
                                Eek ... I hadn't even thought about that yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X