No announcement yet.

Progeny (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or program them to form huge mecha... that can be called upon when the Wraith come...

Like... Stargate: Power Rangers!

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
      I think Sam was referring to the explosion of the explosive chemical on the ZPM being fueled by the ZPM's energy, and not just the ZPM itself.
      So what effect would a triple ZPM-fueled explosion have on the massive cache of weapons/explosives/whatevers that are stored in the city?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        The shot of Random Soldier #4 standing on deck or whatever and looking up to see the explosion was... okay, but shouldn't Atlantis have noticed a big frackin' cityship in their orbit? Wouldn't this be something communicated to everyone with a radio?

And speaking of radios, couldn't the team have radioed Atlantis once they came out of warp hyperspace? Some added firepower at least might have been nice- as backup in case Rodney's overload plan didn't work.
        The whole time since the scene where the Asuran cityship lifted off I kept wondering if they would show any scene of Atlantis's deep space censors alerting Atlantis to their presence but nothing came and it definitely ticked me off. Then the random soldier looks in the sky and sees a huge explosion and doesn't even radio the control tower for a confirmation on what it could be really set me off. How the heck does both the military and civilian leader go off on a mission to a clearly advanced race of beings and only have a regular team with 3 true fighters? In what world is this even close to being reasonable. Can we please redeem Weir's character because as each episode passes its becoming clear her decision making ability is crud.

I've bashed this episode to great ends but it did produce a couple OMG moments. First when the team went through the stargate to Asuras and the shot of the long beautiful hallway, then the shot of the Asuran cityship taking off and jumping to hyperspace, wow!!! The cinematography was awesome this episode.

Comment

Who WAS in command if every senior character was off gallivanting with the replicators? Carson? Zelenka? Lorne?

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
            The first half of this was great. The second half felt like watching Unnatural Selection all over again. It fell completely flat for me.

I'm just gonna go WORD, and I've never seen Unnatural Selection.

Had they kept it more of a team thing, more probing and more excitement I think it would have rocked. But it became more about Weir and her politics in a sense and...bleh.

Next week is Weir centric so..bleh again for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              You know I would have enjoyed this much more had I never seen SG-1. I loved the flying city, loved seeing it occupied and in action. I even liked the whole destroying Atlantis scenario.

I can't fault the team for what they did but I found some things about these replicators very confusing.

The Ancients designed these replicators, knew everything about their makeup and weaknesses and yet seemed intent on attacking them using conventional weapons? That's odd. given what they're made of, blowing them up seems awfully inefficient. It's hard to believe they waited until after they returned to the Milky Way to develop the disruptor technology.

If the Asurans wanted to destroy Atlantis did they really need to haul the entire city to Atlantis to do it? They could have gotten all the information they needed from the team, and efficiently destroy the city via stargate... they're machines, how hard could it be?

Why didn't Mckay complete the merge before the freeze? Wouldn't that order of events have worked more to their benefit? As for their violent tendencies, for violent peeps they've been awfully quiet for a long time minding their own business. It seems to me, they're no less violent than their creators.

Why would the Ancients create a nanovirus and give it so much time and material to replicate a human form? It took the replicators several years and the right materials to do it? What kind of experiment were they doing and since when did they have time to wait for that development before using it on the Wraith?

As for this ascension bit. By their own story, the Ancients are no less violent than their creators. So why would the Asurans need to eliminate their violent tendencies to ascend when it seems the Ancients hung on to theirs and had no issues.

What really bothered me the most though is Weir's comment about if the Asurans could come after them they would have. That strikes me as a stunningly naive thing to say. They have ZPMs and a flying city... it's not a matter of "could". It's clearly obvious they can.
              To build on your point about he Asurans becoming human form. It was said repeatedly in this episode that the Lanteans inserted a base code that prevented the Asurans from ever attacking Lanteans yet they felt the need to go and destroy them with conventional weapons. I swear the more episodes we watch the more we start to realize that the ancients, although clearly more evolved than us, carry the same faults all humanoids do. Furthermore, it seems Lanteans are ridiculously horrible at military strategies, no wonder the wraith kicked their arses.

Comment

Who WAS in command if every senior character was off gallivanting with the replicators? Carson? Zelenka? Lorne?
                Carson, of course. He is the only other character capable of operating the chair after all. Can't you just see him giving orders in a stern voice?
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Could Lorne do any worst then Sheppard? But I wouldn't put Carson in charge of a street market stall.
                  ----
                  There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
                  serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                    First when the team went through the stargate to Asuras and the shot of the long beautiful hallway,
                    Reminded me of Jack's visit with the Asgard in Fifth Race. But the city shots in general were impressive. And I loved seeing the city take off- that was actually the reason I bothered watching the ep at all, just to see that.

It's a shame that the few Atlantis-exclusive (or mostly exclusive) writers TPTB have aren't banned from watching SG-1. I think things could have gone a lot better without the "homages" to SG-1.

I'm not asking for 110% originality, but for god's sake, can ya lift stuff from sources farther away than your own damn doorstep??

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                      T
                      How the heck does both the military and civilian leader go off on a mission to a clearly advanced race of beings and only have a regular team with 3 true fighters? In what world is this even close to being reasonable. Can we please redeem Weir's character because as each episode passes its becoming clear her decision making ability is crud.
                      Amen to that. Let's see, on this mission we have the military leader, the city, leader, and the lead scientist essentially the three most valuable people on this expedition. The three people you would need to destroy Atlantis. Why on god's green Earth would all three be in the same place at once meeting strangers in a galaxy where no planet is safe and ten years worth of SG-1 mission reports, and two years worth of Pegasus Galaxy screwups suggest trusting no one should be rule #1 for every single person.

I would let this go as a nitpick except I'm kind of annoyed right now anyway.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Wasn't there supposed to be an episode possibly last year's Intruder that was supposed to tell us the direct chain of command? I still think Shep and Weir have issues as to who is leading / making negotiations with whom. At least that's the vibe I got from the episode. I'm trying to to nitpick this episode/show to death but it's quite hard not to.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                        Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Originally posted by Icer234
                          I thought this Epi was awesome! Amazing! Cool! Did I mention awesome already?

Anyway, The CGI was impressive! Kudos to the people who made it!
                          I have to say I didn't think it was an awesome Epi, BUT...the CGI was very VERY impressive. Watching the other ATLANTIS fly was way cool.

Comment

Actually, I could see Carson and Zelenka in joint control with Lorne banging his head against the wall at their waffling and general jabber. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                              But you should also remember, Atlantis is a spin-off from SG-1, and it's supposed to be it's own thing. There were concerns brought up when the first spoilers were released that it sounded exactly like Unnatural Selection...it's one thing to bring the replicators into Atlantis. I'm fine with that. And really, the first half of this was so incredibly good. I loved it.

But the second half was just like watching an episode I'd all ready seen, plus, the basics of it were just wrong. It wasn't just Niam trying to help them, there were others, and they very callously decided to just blow them up without letting the program have a try. And would Niam really turn his back on his people, those that felt the same as he did, and just let them be blown up like that? I just...it doesn't work. This is what I feel is Binder's weakness, he writes things that sometimes just don't work. Condemned was the same way, it didn't work.

But, the effects, the characters (Oberoth was fantastic), the acting, the banter, the character moments, I did enjoy those, immensely, but in a show that is a spin-off they should not blantantly copy episodes from the other show.

That's what seems to be happening, doesn't it? Too much of SG1 is now bleeding into SGA and there's no reason for it. :outs::

The first half was terrific. I loved it, like you did and for the same reasons.

Shep's mindprobe, and Joe's acting, were FANTASTIC! I was going OMG OMG when he was typing in the code, hit enter then closed his eyes and waited to die. Meep. That's my Shep.

Comment

Originally posted by coolove
                                Wasn't there supposed to be an episode possibly last year's Intruder that was supposed to tell us the direct chain of command? I still think Shep and Weir have issues as to who is leading / making negotiations with whom. At least that's the vibe I got from the episode. I'm trying to to nitpick this episode/show to death but it's quite hard not to.
                                Probably part of the reason we didn't see what was happening in the city was because TPTB themselves don't know who'd be in charge.

And Weir and Shep definitely have leadership issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X