No announcement yet.

Progeny (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right but I thought that the update would go to all of them and not just the ones on the Atlantis ship they were on. So I assumed they would all have the new code if it was sent.
    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      What I wish most of all, though, is that I could have enjoyed this ep without any reservations... and here's where being a Stargate fan becomes a hindrance. If I'd never watched SG-1, if I didn't know the history of the Replicators and Fifth and all the various other hints and shadings I think I would have enjoyed the ep even more. Progeny was great... but its use of crutches was a disappointment.
      Fans who don't watch SG1, or who have never seen Unnatural Selection, will call this a classic.

Fifth/Niam, whatever his name this time around, may have gone on the ship, but he was still booted and left behind, angry, and ready to kick butt when he comes back. Ho hum. We've seen this before.

I can understand reworking an old SG1 episode that didn't work first time around. "Intruder" is a good example of that. But to take one of SG1's BEST episodes to do a remake is almost sacriligious. I'm not even interested in seeing the episodes where these dudes return.

And what is the deal with Teyla now channeling Deanna Troi? "I feel they are hiding something!" Good grief. Where is my remote!?!?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

WOW.

That is all I have to say.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Again I keep seeing complaints on rehashed eps, and I'm like other shows had the same eps, and shows before them had the same eps. I mean everyone is ripping everyone off. I would just not bother watchign television if I wanted serious originality. Everything is fairly comparable...the point is, our characters are different.

And please remember...there are quiet few of us who probably never saw an ep of SG1 so we don't sit there complaining. And I think the writers are really trying to cater to them, but also keep you guys happy with possibly similar eps that were popular.

Industry does this all the time, the X-men movies didn't cater to the die hard long term X-Men fans like myself. They market and make it available for those who dont' know aything and are just newly introduced, ie. the new people who watched the film---who know NOTHING about X-Men. Does it bug me? Yeah, but it's a marketing selection that makes sense in regards to build popularity and awakening a few more fans. I think this was great..and I still went to see the X-Men movies!! Same as you guys saw this episode.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
            Is it me or does the moral question presented in this Atlantis code pretty much like a recycled event of sg1's dealings with "fifth" and the other original human replicators? Another thing is how can McKay rewire code in a couple of hours tops yet the Asurans couldn't do it in thousands of years. Finally, I hope they realize that since Niam (sp?) is not an organic life form that he doesn't need oxygen to survive and so he is just floating in space gazing at Atlantis? How about they take the initiative to rewrite his code again, disconnect the subspace communication between him and the other Asurans and retrieve him.

The next logical move would be for the Atlantis expedition to return to earth because if the Asurans could build 1 Atlantis, they can certainly build another one and they will just come after Atlantis again without having to worry about internal sabotage.

I wonder what kind of weapons the Asurans were planning on using to destroy Atlantis? To me that is the most significant question left by this episode.
            I thought so at first but then they did it compleatly differntly. They did not betray anyone THEY betrayed us! It was an excellent episode and we got the tASURAN to work for us it backfired. In unnatural selection we blatenly tricked and betrayed Fith, compleatly different. Great ep, and great start on a terrific new enemy far worse than our replicators!
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I guess they decided killing them all would be easier. But yeah, I thought they were at least supposed to give the upgrade a chance. ...Although if the Homeworld Reps can simply reprogram them whenever they want, what's the point?
              Since the homeworld reps were within signal range, they would have been updated as well. Even so, the reps WANTED to remove the rage long ago. There should have been, at the least, a schism between those who wanted to shed the aggression and ascend and those who simply wanted revenge.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                There was no valid reason for Niam to be exempt from the freeze anyway. The kind of change that was effected should not have had such an affect. It was just a silly excuse to have Niam aboard the jumper when they escaped.
                Yes, well, once again it's whatever's convenient for the plot instead of what's logical. *sigh* Fifth is exampt from the freeze command, but is easily reset by Reps far back on the homeworld. Yeah, whatever.

BTW, was I the only one expecting Fifth to morph into Oberon Oberoth? Must be too much Matrix. I suppose it's meant to be more poignant when AR-1 has to face down a former friend/ally who's now an enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                  Well, the original plan should have involved using the update before trying to convince Oberoth or anyone. By changing the plan, they made the others aware of a "problem" with Niam, and so they changed his code. The original plan had plenty of time to be attempted before using the freeze. They jumped the gun and it cost them the opportunity for a great alliance.
                  How so? They would have reset all of them just as they reset Niam.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles
                    If I remember correctly, and it's quite likely I don't... They didn't sever his supspace connection with the others because they wanted him to upload the changes they made to him to the others. That's only if I remember correctly.
                    Isn't it rather odd that he's still left floating in space perhaps even in Atlantis's orbit? You think that they would have used the jumper to destroy Fifth, sorry Niam, because he's still connected to the others. That seems like a logical thing to do. His code was rewritten and attacked Weir.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
                    Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

i don't know about this ep it just remind me more of that one sg1 ep. also once again they swcred up cuz now they made a new enimie. isent the bold guy in this ep the same person who play charles on mash?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                        I thought so at first but then they did it compleatly differntly. They did not betray anyone THEY betrayed us! It was an excellent episode and we got the tASURAN to work for us it backfired. In unnatural selection we blatenly tricked and betrayed Fith, compleatly different. Great ep, and great start on a terrific new enemy far worse than our replicators!
                        Fifth wanted the flaw in the programming fixed so that the replicators wouldn't be so aggressive and uncaring. Niam wanted the same kind of problem fixed. Both teams promised to fix it, and ultimately used that trust to harm the replicators. Had Niam frozen like everyone else, you can bet he would have still been on that city when they blew it. At least with Fifth, Jack had reasonable justification for his betrayal, and it wasn't so happily accepted by everyone else.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I was surprised they didn't send a wossname glowy bomb thing to blow him up. And I'm also surprised that they figured a simple explosion would completely eradicate the Reps in orbit- not only because SG-1 history has proven that a false assumption but because Weir had just witnessed a flashback wherein the Ancients tried to blow up the city but a few blocks (or whatevers) survived to rebuild. Isn't that a bit of a "duh" thing? And being in orbit really wouldn't help stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                            How so? They would have reset all of them just as they reset Niam.
                            But they wouldn't have betrayed anyone as a result. Plus the reset would have affected ALL within range. Since the homeworld reps were in range all the way at Atlantis, they would have recieved the same update. There wouldn't have been anyone trying to reset anyone else.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              And what is the deal with Teyla now channeling Deanna Troi? "I feel they are hiding something!"
                              Don't forget about Menace... That girl was supposed to have created the replicators... not the ancients... But I suppose TPTB have an explaination for that...

As for Teyla being like Deanna Troi... I thought she was almost slightly closer to House, personally...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

I thought this Epi was awesome! Amazing! Cool! Did I mention awesome already?

Anyway, The CGI was impressive! Kudos to the people who made it!
                                Is everything okay?!
                                I got 5 and Teyla got-
                                I got 8.
                                I got 10 and she got 8
                                (rolls her eyes)

Comment

Working...
                                X