No announcement yet.

Irresistible (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went into this episode thinking I would like it.
    I loved the SG1 ep "URGO"
    But this was not funny at all. And even boring at times.
    Sheppard was the only one I could even watch without wanting to throw something at my TV.
    They could have just mentioned the fact he had 6 wives.
    But they had to continue on with the joke and talk about the sex
    and being with them "All at the same time"
    that's when the episode became not just Stupid but
    Creepy, disturbing and disgusting.
    How did the writers think Drugging woman and sleeping with them would be
    "Funny"
    The people who are saying "lighten up this is just TV." Must all be Males.
    If I had a stick I would beat this episode till it died a slow death.
    And even though I'm a big fan of this show I will be skipping the episode
    "Irresponsible" where they plan on bringing back this character.

Comment

Lucius Lavin is the Atlantis' equivalent of SG-1's Martin Lloyd.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
        Nope. But then I'm not a shipper so I don't look for it.
        No I didn't see that I was too busy watching the slashy McKay/Sheppard interaction to notice anything else.
        I do agree with you guys that I love this Sheppard. He was sweet and funny and tough and brave and fun with Beckett and with Rodney, just like the Shep of old. I would like to keep this Sheppard, too, please.
        Me too! This Sheppard I like a lot, but of course it will not last "reset eps" never do.

Sheppard was great, Joe did a wonderful job, I loved it when Beckett cried and Sheppard just looks at him... Was it me *probably* but when Weir/Sheppard and Beckett are first watching "the guy" was Sheppard going to say Beckett was behaving "gay" before Weir stepped in and called it smitten? Lol! That must be her fave expression she used it for McKay as well in Inferno.

For me the reason I really enjoyed it was the McKay/Sheppard interactions, I have really missed them playing off one and other like this, it is IMO the best thing about Atlantis, and coming off the SG-1 episode with it's not so nice
        Spoiler:
        lemon incident haha it's so funny lets make threats against the guy deathly allergic to citrus. Who saves our lives!
        it was nice to see the genuine affection masked with contempt they have for one and other. Oh and if Sheppard is done with McKay's quarters *Pay back* he can come and be my personal maid anytime grrrrllll.

This was fluff the fluffiest of them all, I stand by my earlier post, but having now watched the ep, I see why some don't want to go into any kind of deep analysis of "the guys" actions. I guess seeing we do get a sequel to this episode we may just find out what did happen to him when he got back home. I am hoping some kind of poetic justice and he will be chemically castrated but then that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by themeangel
          They could have just mentioned the fact he had 6 wives.
          But they had to continue on with the joke and talk about the sex
          and being with them "All at the same time"
          that's when the episode became not just Stupid but
          Creepy, disturbing and disgusting.
          How did the writers think Drugging woman and sleeping with them would be
          "Funny"
          The people who are saying "lighten up this is just TV." Must all be Males.

Nope. I am quite definitely female and found this episode quite funny. This wasn't meant to be a deep, intense, plot-furthering, character-developing episode. It was supposed to be comedic. Yes, it was over the top at points. But it was supposed to be. This was an episode where everyone got to goof off, and I see nothing wrong with that.
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh
            After reading pages of posts, I'm glad that others arent taking the rape aspect of this episode as lightly as some. But theres another thing that people are overlooking. Luscious also had sex with Teyla and Wier.
            I am a woman. I live in an area that has quite a fair amount of crime - in the last year, three people (all on separate occasions) have been shot to death within about 100 yards of my apartment. I also sometimes come home late at night and have to walk a few blocks back to my apartment if there's no parking spaces left in my lot. So believe me when I say that rape is a big concern to me.

That being said, I did not find this episode offensive in that sense. I know full well that it was not meant to seriously imply any moral standard nor encourage such behavior. It was taken lightly because the whole episode was taken lightly. It was not meant to be demeaning, and so I did not take it as such. Personally, I thought the episode was fun and goofy, and a chance to see the team acting oddly and get a good laugh out of it.

In addition, like other posters, I really don't see how you can claim that he had sex with Teyla and Weir. Is it possible? Yes, as that was clearly his ultimate goal. But did it actually happen? Well, I certainly didn't see any evidence that points to that. Just because he wanted it doesn't mean that he actually got it in the end.
            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
              In what way?

Comment

Have to say I agree with the 'naysayers'. Definately the worst Atlantis ep I've ever seen.

I started hating it about 3 minutes into it, and it only redeemed itself at the very end by not ending up as a 2 parter. The whole pheromone thing reeked of "Hathor" from season 1 SG1 and was ridiculous. The guy was let off way too easily, considering the manipulation (for whatever reason - his motivation wasn't even really explained).

Long story short, if you wanted to watch a decent Atlantis episode this week, SG1's ep covered for both series nicely. Certainly was much more exciting and relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                  What the hell. This guy is a serial rapist who enslaved an entire village and basically tried to rape Dr. Weir, and all they do is send him back to his planet to go on living his life, without the herb?

They should have sent him along on the next trip back to Earth to stand trial.
                  Agreed. The guy is a security threat as well. They should have put him on trial with the village members as the jury. He should be imprisioned for the rest of his life or executed.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                    I don't recall Dom DeLuise's character raping anyone.
                    Really. I don't see the comparison. I liked "Urgo". I didn't like this one. Well, not enough to not watch it, but... I'm not watching it again.

And to those who didn't agree with Shep just leaving Lucius on his planet without any sort of punishment, well, think about how all those women are going to feel about the whole thing. I think they'll take care of the punishment. 0_0
                    Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel
                      Really. I don't see the comparison. I liked "Urgo". I didn't like this one. Well, not enough to not watch it, but... I'm not watching it again.

And to those who didn't agree with Shep just leaving Lucius on his planet without any sort of punishment, well, think about how all those women are going to feel about the whole thing. I think they'll take care of the punishment. 0_0
                      If that means sterilizing him (if you know what I mean) and an execution following, then yeah that would be a fair punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                        Originally posted by The Engineer
                        In what way?
                        Yeah. I don't remember Martin Lloyd raping anyone, either.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

*bangs head against desk. repeatedly*

Can we stop with the rape? Please? Can we just all agree to disagree?

Jesus, this turning out to be worse than the "Conversion" thread.
                          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud
                            None of the men or women under the influence of the pheromone gave consent. So, it was rape.

This episode was worse than the Tower. I was seriously disturbed by the episode. What is wrong with TPTB? Between the war criminal behavior of the Atlantis crew in the retrovirus arc and this sleazy episode that gives a wink and nudge at rape, I don't think I can watch this show anymore.
                            I need to say i agree with most of your point, i didnt really like it either, he tricked alot of the atlantis crew and know the atlantis location, but hey let just put him back on his planet, not like he will not reveal where atlantis is on a death treath, after all his trustworty.......

Comment

Come on people, this is starting to get a little heated. I have to be honest I understand where some of you are getting the rape thing but come on, that was not the intent of the episode. This was ment to be a comical fun episode and it suceeded in doing that. I found it hilarious! My wife and I laughed so hard we didn't see the cat for hours! This was a fun episode and we need to see it as that. It was not ment to be serious. I think it added some life to the show which has been nothing but conflict over the last 8-10 episodes. I absoultly loved it and neither I or my wife ( a social worker) found it offensive. So lighten up people and get a sense of humor! If some of you didn't like it fine, but don't turn it into a bad episode of L&O SVU!
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                                *bangs head against desk. repeatedly*

Can we stop with the rape? Please? Can we just all agree to disagree?

Jesus, this turning out to be worse than the "Conversion" thread.
                                Well, figure it is the same writers who thought the physical assault on Teyla in "Conversion" was a smoking hot romantic kiss. So a lot of fans feel this is just the "guys" living out their frat boy fantasies again, right or wrong.

I just think its TPTB forgetting that there are a considerable number of intelligent females in their audience. I expected a horrid episode and actually had a bit of fun with it, but some of the posters here have a point.

It might have worked better if it had been Weir or Teyla who had the cold and were unaffected.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X