Irresistible (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin7
    Then let's please point out that RODNEY took the drug to INFLUENCE Sheppard. Which should also be talked about and people who believed this ep was about rape and I'll call it raping of the mind at this point, then everyone on Atlantis was at risk, even though Lucius wasn't looking to jump the men. But at the same time it's the same idea and that makes Rodney as bad as Lucius. He used it knowing Shep was the only one it would work on, and he leered at Teyla. And in a way it's worse because Rodney suffered through it, then used it to get Shep to do his bidding.

So where is the commentary about what Rodney did?
    You are right it was wrong what Rodney did, I was hoping to just put the rape stuff aside but here we are. If this was a fanfic, I would enter it with warnings about non-con and possible rape. Make my own mind up if I want to go there.

You will not get an arguement on this out of me. Rape is rape be it of the mind or body.

Comment

Originally posted by themeangel
      The people who are saying "lighten up this is just TV." Must all be Males.
      Nope, female here with a combination of over 60 hours of hard labor in childbirth to prove it.

Originally posted by starfox
      Nope. I am quite definitely female and found this episode quite funny. This wasn't meant to be a deep, intense, plot-furthering, character-developing episode. It was supposed to be comedic. Yes, it was over the top at points. But it was supposed to be. This was an episode where everyone got to goof off, and I see nothing wrong with that.
      Well said. I completely agree.
      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
      it has it's own laws and beats about things
      which the intellect scorns."
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally Posted by derrickh
        After reading pages of posts, I'm glad that others arent taking the rape aspect of this episode as lightly as some. But theres another thing that people are overlooking. Luscious also had sex with Teyla and Wier.
        Originally posted by Major Tyler
        Yeah. I don't remember Martin Lloyd raping anyone, either.
        Originally posted by starfox
        *bangs head against desk. repeatedly*

Can we stop with the rape? Please? Can we just all agree to disagree?

Jesus, this turning out to be worse than the "Conversion" thread.
        You're right. It's enough already.

No one here is saying rape is in any form or by any means is to be condone or winked at. To imply that posters who see this episode in a different light have done so is insulting and out of line. To disagree with a veiwpoint and express your own is acceptable and welcome but to insult your fellow posters is not and needs to stop. Now.
        Last edited by Sela; 30 July 2006, 07:18 AM.
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Its one of the types of episodes that can't quite keep your attention for very long. Its too similar to mudd's women from star trek.
          Christopher H.
          Stargate Atlantis Fan
          WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Then let's please point out that RODNEY took the drug to INFLUENCE Sheppard. Which should also be talked about and people who believed this ep was about rape and I'll call it raping of the mind at this point, then everyone on Atlantis was at risk, even though Lucius wasn't looking to jump the men. But at the same time it's the same idea and that makes Rodney as bad as Lucius. He used it knowing Shep was the only one it would work on, and he leered at Teyla. And in a way it's worse because Rodney suffered through it, then used it to get Shep to do his bidding.

So where is the commentary about what Rodney did?
            Thank you.

And who says he wasn't after the men sexually as well? He was alone with both Carson and Rodney for a long time.

As for increased phermones for attracting the opposite sex, how many of you ladies and gents have checked out the website of the perfume you've been wearing? There are a number of them that claim to use synthetic phermones or are working on doing so.
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
              Thank you.

And who says he wasn't after the men sexually as well? He was alone with both Carson and Rodney for a long time.

As for increased phermones for attracting the opposite sex, how many of you ladies and gents have checked out the website of the perfume you've been wearing? There are a number of them that claim to use synthetic phermones or are working on doing so.

Welcome. And good point. If people are going to go there, he was very touchy feely with the men too and let's face it. Carson and Rodney and Ronon were SMITTEN.

And wow, I didn't realize that about perfumes. Thanks for that info.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                Well, figure it is the same writers who thought the physical assault on Teyla in "Conversion" was a smoking hot romantic kiss. So a lot of fans feel this is just the "guys" living out their frat boy fantasies again, right or wrong.

I just think its TPTB forgetting that there are a considerable number of intelligent females in their audience. I expected a horrid episode and actually had a bit of fun with it, but some of the posters here have a point.

It might have worked better if it had been Weir or Teyla who had the cold and were unaffected.
                Well maybe some posters did think the kiss in Conversion was a smoking hot kiss - but that got hugely blown out of porportion as well.

Why would it have made any difference if it had been Teyla or Weir that had the cold.?

The episode was just a bit of fluff - I'm sure Lucius wives dealt with him once he got back to his own planet. We don't know what kind of punishment he may have received. Sheppard didn't like or agree with what Lucius was but it wasn't up to him to dish out any punishment. Thats why he took him back to his own planet for his own people to deal with him.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  Well, figure it is the same writers who thought the physical assault on Teyla in "Conversion" was a smoking hot romantic kiss. So a lot of fans feel this is just the "guys" living out their frat boy fantasies again, right or wrong.

I just think its TPTB forgetting that there are a considerable number of intelligent females in their audience. I expected a horrid episode and actually had a bit of fun with it, but some of the posters here have a point.

It might have worked better if it had been Weir or Teyla who had the cold and were unaffected.
                  Well maybe some posters did think the kiss in Conversion was a smoking hot kiss - but that got hugely blown out of porportion as well.

Why would it have made any difference if it had been Teyla or Weir that had the cold.?

The episode was just a bit of fluff - I'm sure Lucius wives dealt with him once he got back to his own planet. We don't know what kind of punishment he may have received. Sheppard didn't like or agree with what Lucius was but it wasn't up to him to dish out any punishment. Thats why he took him back to his own planet for his own people to deal with him.
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL, this was one of the damn funniest episodes I have ever seen. I nearly got a heart attack from laughing. Excellent!

Comment

Then let's please point out that RODNEY took the drug to INFLUENCE Sheppard. Which should also be talked about and people who believed this ep was about rape and I'll call it raping of the mind at this point, then everyone on Atlantis was at risk, even though Lucius wasn't looking to jump the men.
                      You might be hanging out in the wrong forums, but that has been talked about (created quite a stir in some quarters).

With varied responses. Essentially Rodney used a 'love potion' knowing that Sheppard would be the only one effected.

Discuss: What does this say about Rodney?

Does Rodney want Sheppard to like him that much?

Of course the writers really didn't think about that did they? But it still brings up a whole lot of interesting scenarios.
                      ----
                      There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
                      serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

My absolute favorite moment of this ep was watching Rodney trying to do a handstand in Weir's office. Butt up in the air, still yapping even with his head at the floor. What form! Rodney must have hated gym class. He probably had to do girl push-ups, lol.

There were so many other parts that gave me a chuckle as well. Weir playing with Lucius's tie around his neck. Anyone think that maybe subconsciously she was trying to strangle him?

Also, Ronon hugging his bag of sticks. Enough said! And the Batman conversation between McKay and Shep was awesome. I hope they continue to expand on the friendship between these two. They act off each other so well! I love their body language in that scene. Bravo guys!

As far as the rape issue, yes I believe he raped those women on his homeworld. No, I don't think he raped any members of the expedition. I don't think even he would have had the guts after seeing the power of Atlantis, especially with Sheppard still clogged up. Therefore, I think the team made a decent decision sending him home. His people should make him answer for his crimes based on their justice system. Hopefully, it involves loss of certain body parts or functions.

Comment

Originally posted by ladysarah
                          You might be hanging out in the wrong forums, but that has been talked about (created quite a stir in some quarters).

With varied responses. Essentially Rodney used a 'love potion' knowing that Sheppard would be the only one effected.

Discuss: What does this say about Rodney?

Does Rodney want Sheppard to like him that much?

Of course the writers really didn't think about that did they? But it still brings up a whole lot of interesting scenarios.
                          The stuff of which extremely interesting fan fiction is made up of. I can just hear massive numbers of pens scratching across paper even now...
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                            The stuff of which extremely interesting fan fiction is made up of. I can just hear massive numbers of pens scratching across paper even now...
                            You bet. At the least we have canon that Sheppard has been in Rodney's quarters!

I bet Sheppard has never been in Weir quarters!
                            ----

Comment

Have you noticed how McKay checked out Teyla at the very end? What was that about? I thought Carter is his fantasy!

Comment

Originally posted by StarGi
                                Have you noticed how McKay checked out Teyla at the very end? What was that about? I thought Carter is his fantasy!
                                Yeah well. Maybe he likes brunettes as well.
                                ----

Comment

Working...
                                X