This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annie Sheppard
    Kill Sheppard?? No no no... Okay this season wasn't the best for him, but it's not his fault...Blame TPTB...I like him..very...very...very much...*looks innocent*...Sheppard and Lorne are my favourites characters...so I'd have a big problem to choose who should be the military "boss" *sorry forgot the right word*...in Atlantis...And Ford...i like him but for me he don't have to come back...
    hehe.. but Sheppard IS TPTB.. he's their fantasies, a hot (though Lorne is hotter ) guy to whom girls stick like magnets. Sheppard is ink on paper.. and it's TPTB's responsibility to make people respect the main character of the show, not start "Kill Sheppard" thread. Like if someone started "Kill O'Neill" thread when he was still in the show, I don't think I'd like that very much. With Sheppard, it's just *bleh* for me... But I don't want him to be killed, no.. I want him to be season 1 Sheppard, or even better!

As for Ford, I'd like to see hin return too... I liked his character and wasn't too happy when he was written out.

Comment

Actually, there was a Kill O'Neill thread around somewhere. I think.

MHO, if TPTB would quit using Shep to fulfill all their horny fanboy fantasies, the character would be a lot stronger and more believeable/palatable. As it stands, though, this past season has seen me go from "meh" to "I hate him" and that I am willing to lay entirely at the feet of TPTB. The character needs better stories or by the end of S3 I, too, may be in the "let's kill him!" boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        hehe.. but Sheppard IS TPTB.. he's their fantasies, a hot (though Lorne is hotter ) guy to whom girls stick like magnets. Sheppard is ink on paper.. and it's TPTB's responsibility to make people respect the main character of the show, not start "Kill Sheppard" thread. Like if someone started "Kill O'Neill" thread when he was still in the show, I don't think I'd like that very much. With Sheppard, it's just *bleh* for me... But I don't want him to be killed, no.. I want him to be season 1 Sheppard, or even better!

As for Ford, I'd like to see hin return too... I liked his character and wasn't too happy when he was written out.
        thats true......sometimes TPTB gets on my nerver with the whole kirk thing......

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

MHO, if TPTB would quit using Shep to fulfill all their horny fanboy fantasies, the character would be a lot stronger and more believeable/palatable. As it stands, though, this past season has seen me go from "meh" to "I hate him" and that I am willing to lay entirely at the feet of TPTB. The character needs better stories or by the end of S3 I, too, may be in the "let's kill him!" boat.
          I agree with you Shadow......

Comment

Originally posted by Harry the Hippo Gutterman
            I seroiusly think that Ford was a much better character then Shepherd. And with Gene therapy and the fact they've been there for 2 years they should have the hang of Ancient technology by now. Shepherds just kind of annoying. I doubt its the writing as the writing in this show has always been Stellar. I blame Joe Flannigan for a poor performance.
            Don't be talkin' 'bout Shepherd...he will MESS...YOU...UP

but seriously...I love what they've done with Shepherd...and with Ford.
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

hehe..ah well, you can't please everyone .. but from what I've seen, there seems to be a lot more hatered for Sheppard than O'Neill

I guess I will be in "I hate him!" boad by the end of season 3.. TPTB made a mistake.. let's see if they learned from it.

Comment

And... moving right along, away from the post that is about to be deleted by the mods... I hope TPTB will bring Ford back for more in S3. Personally, I liked him better as more of a sweetheart, but if they'd just commit to this darker angle, that has possibilities, too. And can he be both dark AND mature about it? 'Cause I think that's what bothers me most- he's kinda evil, but he acts like a spoiled brat about it. Let him showcase his dark and evil heart, if that's the way it's gonna go. Rainbow will undoubtedly rise to the occasion.

Comment

And... moving right along, away from the post that is about to be deleted by the mods... I hope TPTB will bring Ford back for more in S3. Personally, I liked him better as more of a sweetheart, but if they'd just commit to this darker angle, that has possibilities, too. And can he be both dark AND mature about it? 'Cause I think that's what bothers me most- he's kinda evil, but he acts like a spoiled brat about it. Let him showcase his dark and evil heart, if that's the way it's gonna go. Rainbow will undoubtedly rise to the occasion.
                  i agree i do like ford.. but killin of shep u have to be kiddin ull be killin the heart of the show.. well 1 of the char's that is

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
                    i agree i do like ford.. but killin of shep u have to be kiddin ull be killin the heart of the show.. well 1 of the char's that is
                    Ugh. Using text-speak is really difficult to read.

I think most don't really want Shep to "die", but they do want TPTB to respect the character and make him more the heroic type he was in season 1. The writers really got squirrelly with him in the back half of season 2 and his popularity took a major hit. It isn't too late to heal the character, IMO.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                      TPTB made a mistake.. let's see if they learned from it.
                      In order to learn from their mistake, they must first admit that they MADE one. If Martin Gero's comments at the convention are any means of judgement, TPTB don't think that there was much kirking in S2.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        Ugh. Using text-speak is really difficult to read.

I think most don't really want Shep to "die", but they do want TPTB to respect the character and make him more the heroic type he was in season 1. The writers really got squirrelly with him in the back half of season 2 and his popularity took a major hit. It isn't too late to heal the character, IMO.
                        lol i like using txt speak its easier tbh btw {snip}is TPTB? just a question..
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 10 April 2006, 11:53 AM.

Comment

HI Lets take a minute to read this gentle reminder that this is a PG Forum so vulgar language in ANY form is not allowed. Also, Respecting your fellow Forum Members is a MUST as well. Any post found to contain cuss words written in any way to circumvent the filters will be deleted and if we have to do that too often the person will find themselves wondering why their posts are all of a sudden having to be scrutinized by the Moderating staff before posting.

Thank you
                          TameFarrar
                          GateWorld Staff
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

{Mod Snip}
                            anyway, back on topic... killing Sheppard and bringing back Ford would not work anyway because Ford is a Leutenant and they need a leader for the team.. So, it's going to be more like "bring back Ford and a new team leader"
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 10 April 2006, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              I don't want to "kill" Sheppard, but I would like to see a few episodes without him so we could get to know other characters a bit better, or have new people introduced to us.

I'd like to see Teyla and Weir do some diplomatic work together, and Rodney/Zelenka/Ronon working together.
                              I'll save myself typing time. Keep SHEPPARD and kick Rodney off about six eps and there would be plenty of time for the OTHER characters. Shep isn't taking up screen time. That would be RODNEY.

Lots less Rodney would be lovely.

If Shep went though, ::and Joe to a better show:: I'd be thrilled and I could stop watching SGA.

Comment

Let's be honest here, Sheppard needs to be taken off the main team, off-world affairs are limiting his leadership abilities IMHO. I think that Sheppard should stay in Atlantis but be Replaced by Lorne as CO of the flagship team. Perhaps with Sheppard and Weir both in Atlantis (and hopefully actually listening to Teyla when she's not off-world) They can buy a clue and stop making idiotic decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X