This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill Sheppard? I wouldn't want that.
    He's a main character. Ford wasn't. I do have a problem with Sheppard, but it's nothing that TPTB can't easily fix... yeah.. space sluts

Comment

I don't want to "kill" Sheppard, but I would like to see a few episodes without him so we could get to know other characters a bit better, or have new people introduced to us.

I'd like to see Teyla and Weir do some diplomatic work together, and Rodney/Zelenka/Ronon working together.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I don't know, I like Sheppard. I think he's got a good sense of humor. I don't want that Sheppard has killed. But I really want to bring back Ford.
        I think that movie with him was more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry the Hippo Gutterman
          I seroiusly think that Ford was a much better character then Shepherd. And with Gene therapy and the fact they've been there for 2 years they should have the hang of Ancient technology by now. Shepherds just kind of annoying. I doubt its the writing as the writing in this show has always been Stellar. I blame Joe Flannigan for a poor performance.
          As a Shep fan, I do think Shep is a better character than Ford, but I also think the actor has done with the dialogue he's been given. In order to extend a character, a writer has to write something interesting. THE most interesting that happened to Ford was getting drugged up on Wraith enzyme. Alas, before that, his character was basically background.

Ford only demonstrated leadership after he became, well, sorry to say this, a gang leader of drugged-up, um, er, whatever, wraithkillers? Before that he didn't demonstrate the best leadership skills (yelling at Beckett in "The Eye"), not being able to tolerate Zelenka and McKay's fun at his expense (but then again, maybe the scientists had been needling him for hours on end and ther'es just so much a person can take with prime number jokes).

So, if you feel a character is one-dimensional, look no further than the folks who pen the scripts.

Comment

I actually preferred Ford once he went bad. He was a much more interesting character. But he would not make a good team leader in his bad incarnation.

I like Sheppard. I think there has been too much kirking going on, but other than that, I like him and I think he makes a good team leader.

I don't think Beckett would be on any of the teams. As CMO he needs to be available in emergencies, and if they need to pull him off a mission to deal with an emergency from another team, that could be problematic. I think his base has to be at Atlantis so he is available if needed anywhere.

Comment

I don't think Sheppard could be replaced with Ford, but I do think he could be replaced with Caldwell and Lorne. Caldwell could work with(or against ) Liz and Lorne could be in charge of all the off world missions.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                A Major leading an entire expedition? *makes explosion noise*
                Why not? Sheppard as a Major was head of the military of Atlantis for a whole year.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

So promote Lorne. I have no problem with that. Although "Colonel Hottie" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

edit: Incidentally, I'm not cheering on Lorne just because I think he's cute. TBH, I noticed his snark before I noticed his looks. Even in the few short scenes/eps we've seen him in, I like his personality a lot better than I like Shep's. And it helps that Lorne doesn't go chasing after everything in a skirt. At least not that we've seen.

Shep's cockiness and laid back attitude rub me the wrong way. Always have. And his arrogance. His glib assumption that he knows better than everyone else. OOoooo, how I HATE that! I don't want him dead, but if he left the show, I sure wouldn't be crying.
                  Last edited by ShadowMaat; 10 April 2006, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I agree the way he talks to Dr Weir like she's an idiot irritates me to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      How's this for sheake-ups:

Sheppard finally does something so horrible that Weir can no longer cover for him. He's sent back to Earth, awaiting court martial. Major Lorne is promoted to the head of Atlantis's military forces.

Ronon & Teyla, sick of the jaw-dropping stupidity of the Atlantis crew and tired of having their advice and warnings blatantly ignored, leave to start their own militia/commune, where they use what they've learned to help train warriors. Unlike the Atlantis crew, Ronon & Teyla and their company don't fall prey to ploys so idiotically obvious that even Jinto could spot them.

McKay is horrified when Lorne takes on Cadman as his 2IC (and Lorne will admit privately that McKay's fear/dislike of Cadman made her seem like an even better prospect).

Ford would be recurring. He's here, he's gone, he's meddling with Atlantis, he's helping out Teyla and Ronon. Sometimes he's a good guy, sometimes his motives are murkier.
                      Ooh...me like. All of it.

Though I don't think this PTB has a desire to move the show that far outside the box. Best leave that sort of earthshattering!wtf?shakeup for the BSG folks.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        Though I don't think this PTB has a desire to move the show that far outside the box. Best leave that sort of earthshattering!wtf?shakeup for the BSG folks.
                        Yes. Unfortunately Stargate's PTB lack the *ahem* reproductive equipment to make changes this widespread. But dang, it's fun to pretend!

Comment

Kill Sheppard?? No no no... Okay this season wasn't the best for him, but it's not his fault...Blame TPTB...I like him..very...very...very much...*looks innocent*...Sheppard and Lorne are my favourites characters...so I'd have a big problem to choose who should be the military "boss" *sorry forgot the right word*...in Atlantis...And Ford...i like him but for me he don't have to come back...

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                            How about:

Team 1
                            Sheppard
                            McKay
                            Ronon
                            Teyla

Team 2
                            Lorne
                            Cadman
                            Zelenka
                            Becket

And have them both go off on their own arcs?

Maybe Ford as a bad guy or someone who pops up randomly to help or hinder the team(s)
                            i think i could live with this......but i'd really like to see MORE Lorne......

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Sheppard
                              Kill Sheppard?? No no no... Okay this season wasn't the best for him, but it's not his fault...Blame TPTB...I like him..very...very...very much...*looks innocent*...Sheppard and Lorne are my favourites characters...so I'd have a big problem to choose who should be the military "boss" *sorry forgot the right word*...in Atlantis...And Ford...i like him but for me he don't have to come back...
                              "boss"= Ranking Military Officer just FYI

And don't worry I don't think TPTB are going to listen to me anytime soon
                              Unless they want to censor me I know that they do that

Comment

Originally posted by Harry the Hippo Gutterman
                                "boss"= Ranking Military Officer just FYI

And don't worry I don't think TPTB are going to listen to me anytime soon
                                Unless they want to censor me I know that they do that
                                thanks....i completely forgot it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X